Trek Émonda 2018

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

blanchaa

by blanchaa

My bike posted above was 16.2 lbs without pedals. I'm not a weight weenie fanatic, so went with standard aluminum Bontrager bars and stem. The deeper wheels (clincher, set up tubeless with healthy amounts of sealant) add weight as well. This is an SLR8 through project one in order to get H1 fit, in their matte metallic gunmetal.

Geordiepaul

by Geordiepaul

Just added some Bontrager XXX bars/stem and Time Expresso 15 pedals...now 14lbs on the nose.

Just wish I'd bought an H1

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

oldnslow2

by oldnslow2

Looks like mine except the opposite color an newer model.

6.48kg as you see it with bottle cages,pedals, Garmin mount and taillight mount.

dantalparadiso

by dantalparadiso

Hello,

I bought an Emonda SL6 2018.

I am disappointed. The bike does feel steef and nice, corners excellently.

But the down tube is too too large. I feel it slows you down a lot.

What do you think ? have you already raced in crits with the Emonda ?

Best,

nemeseri

by nemeseri

dantalparadiso wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:19 pm
But the down tube is too too large. I feel it slows you down a lot.
What do you think ? have you already raced in crits with the Emonda ?
Based on the recent Tour magazine test, the emonda is pretty bad in aero. Although I doubt that it makes tons of difference in a crit. I still see guys racing caad and spec allez frames in higher categories in the US. Several pros pick emonda over the madone in road races. So I really doubt that it makes a huge make or break difference for an amatuer.

MisterNoChain

by MisterNoChain

I bought an Emonda SL 6 Pro 2019, swapped the groupset to Ultegra di2. Coming from a Domane i was impressed on how much comfort this bike gave, wide rims with 27mm tires also have their advantages ofcourse. When i bought the Domane i hadnt been cycling for a couple of years so i was happy with the endurace geomtery, but now i love this more racy machine.
I'm not realy impressed by the braking quality though, i'll give it some extra miles but i dont get full power on my rear wheel. It feels like the brakepads dont grip 100%, the front does. I saw you can power on the Pro brakes, but not on the cheaper Elite's i think? I see a lot of people use Nokon's, maybe i try that in the future. I'll post a picture when the fork is cut :P

rmcbike

by rmcbike

I have an Emonda SLR H1 disc P1 frameset on order. From what i've read here apparently the seat post is not included when buying the frameset only.... however the dealer reassured me that it is included after i pointed out that the project one spec sheet clearly says seatpost "not included". He even asked Trek on the phone right in front of me . He still was able to select the seatpost length and setback that i wanted though, so not sure if trek's policy has changed recently or what. If frame arrives with no seat cap i won't be too happy. Let's see what solution they offer then...

Anyone that recently ordered a frameset through project one?

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

It’s not that it isn’t included with the order. It’s that it costs an additional $120.

nemeseri

by nemeseri

rmcbike wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:31 pm
I have an Emonda SLR H1 disc P1 frameset on order. From what i've read here apparently the seat post is not included when buying the frameset only.... however the dealer reassured me that it is included after i pointed out that the project one spec sheet clearly says seatpost "not included". He even asked Trek on the phone right in front of me . He still was able to select the seatpost length and setback that i wanted though, so not sure if trek's policy has changed recently or what. If frame arrives with no seat cap i won't be too happy. Let's see what solution they offer then...

Anyone that recently ordered a frameset through project one?
In 2015 when I ordered my 2016 Emonda SL, the seatpost cap was included and also the stem. I saw on the website that they might have changed this. Please update the thread what happened. Also: is the frameset available through project one?! Woah, I did not know that. Do you have to go through a dealer?

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

My Koppenberg, purchased in December, 2016 was a frame module only. Had to purchase the seat mast separately.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

No matter what you do, the seatmast cap will incur a $120-130 charge (whatever the price of the cap is at the time.) The “retail” frameset definitely does not come with a seatmast cap because you have to choose 135mm or 175mm, 5mm setback or 20mm setback anyway. The P1 frameset costs $500 more, and again you will an additional sum for the seatmast cap.

jfranci3

by jfranci3

Geordiepaul wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:37 pm
Just added some Bontrager XXX bars/stem and Time Expresso 15 pedals...now 14lbs on the nose.

Just wish I'd bought an H1

Is that a 58? How long is that stem? From the looks of it, you could definitely pull off a 56cm h2 and get 20mm lower without having to source an h1 frame.

sparklywheels

by sparklywheels

alfus1 wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:25 pm
Beautiful bike! What size and geometry is it?

photek

by photek

• Frame & forks : Trek Emonda SL 2018 (54)
    Wheels : Venn Alter 44
    Tyres : Veloflex Master 28mm
    Tubes : Tubolito Road
    Skewers : Trivio Titanium AS Race
    Rim tap : Veloplugs
    Saddle : Fabric ALM Ultimate
    Expander : Extralite Ultrastar 3 and Topcap
    Stem : Extralite Hyperlite (100mm)
    Bars : 3T Ernova Team Road 42cm
    Bar Tape : Lizard Skins Road DSP 1.8 mm
    Groupset : SRAM Red eTap WiFli
    Powermeter : Power2Max NGeco
    Crankset : Rotor 3d24 172.5
    Pedals : Crank Brothers Eggbeater 11
    Chainset : AbsoluteBlack 52t/36t
    Chain : SRAM Red 22
    Cassette : SRAM Red XG1190 11-32t
    Brakes : eeCycleworks G4 Direct Mount
6.8 Kg

2019 Trek Emonda SLR, SRAM eTap groupset, eeBrakes G4, Berk Lupina Saddle, TUNE Schwarzbrenner 60mm wheelset - 6.4 kg

ortziomenaka

by ortziomenaka

Trek Emonda SL5 custom build 6.9kg

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Trek Top Fuel 9.8SL 10.04kg
Trek Emonda SL5 6.940kg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com