Trek Émonda 2018

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
blanchaa

by blanchaa

My bike posted above was 16.2 lbs without pedals. I'm not a weight weenie fanatic, so went with standard aluminum Bontrager bars and stem. The deeper wheels (clincher, set up tubeless with healthy amounts of sealant) add weight as well. This is an SLR8 through project one in order to get H1 fit, in their matte metallic gunmetal.

by Weenie

Geordiepaul

by Geordiepaul

Just added some Bontrager XXX bars/stem and Time Expresso 15 pedals...now 14lbs on the nose.

Just wish I'd bought an H1

oldnslow2

by oldnslow2

Geordiepaul wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:37 pm
Just added some Bontrager XXX bars/stem and Time Expresso 15 pedals...now 14lbs on the nose.

Just wish I'd bought an H1

Looks like mine except the opposite color an newer model.

6.48kg as you see it with bottle cages,pedals, Garmin mount and taillight mount.

dantalparadiso

by dantalparadiso

Hello,

I bought an Emonda SL6 2018.

I am disappointed. The bike does feel steef and nice, corners excellently.

But the down tube is too too large. I feel it slows you down a lot.

What do you think ? have you already raced in crits with the Emonda ?

Best,

nemeseri

by nemeseri

dantalparadiso wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:19 pm
But the down tube is too too large. I feel it slows you down a lot.
What do you think ? have you already raced in crits with the Emonda ?
Based on the recent Tour magazine test, the emonda is pretty bad in aero. Although I doubt that it makes tons of difference in a crit. I still see guys racing caad and spec allez frames in higher categories in the US. Several pros pick emonda over the madone in road races. So I really doubt that it makes a huge make or break difference for an amatuer.

MisterNoChain

by MisterNoChain

I bought an Emonda SL 6 Pro 2019, swapped the groupset to Ultegra di2. Coming from a Domane i was impressed on how much comfort this bike gave, wide rims with 27mm tires also have their advantages ofcourse. When i bought the Domane i hadnt been cycling for a couple of years so i was happy with the endurace geomtery, but now i love this more racy machine.
I'm not realy impressed by the braking quality though, i'll give it some extra miles but i dont get full power on my rear wheel. It feels like the brakepads dont grip 100%, the front does. I saw you can power on the Pro brakes, but not on the cheaper Elite's i think? I see a lot of people use Nokon's, maybe i try that in the future. I'll post a picture when the fork is cut :P