So Dogma F10 shaved a few grams and now flexes...

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ninjasloth

by ninjasloth

Requiescat in pace...

istigatrice

by istigatrice

I don't think those flex numbers are too bad, what I'm more surprised about is the aero - correct me if I'm wrong, but the Dogma F10 is more aero (or at least in the same ball park) as the Trek Madone 9, Venge Vias?
I write the weightweenies blog, hope you like it :)

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Not having the stiffer headtube in the world is not a bad thing. I believe the SL4 is the has the the best head tube, on paper, of bikes that I've ridden but that did not translate into my favorite bike descending.

As for the drag, I believe 202g was also reported for the Bias and Madone but if I'm not sure it's as comparable if those results aren't coming from the same tunnel with same testing procedures. Just looking at them, I'd be very surprised if the F10 was equal.

C36

by C36

Imaking20 wrote:Not having the stiffer headtube in the world is not a bad thing. I believe the SL4 is the has the the best head tube, on paper, of bikes that I've ridden but that did not translate into my favorite bike descending.

For me more than going downhill, front stiffness is key when you lift from the saddle and start balancing the bike left and right, that's where I find responsiveness.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Last edited by C36 on Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

ninjasloth

by ninjasloth

Tour magazine's 2016 shootout shows venge vias and madone at 204W Felt AR 205W and Canyon Aeroad at 208W but tbh, I am still doubtful of their numbers. They only produce tables and written paragraphs. I don't remember seeing raw lab data.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imaking20

by Imaking20

C36 wrote:
Imaking20 wrote:Not having the stiffer headtube in the world is not a bad thing. I believe the SL4 is the has the the best head tube, on paper, of bikes that I've ridden but that did not translate into my favorite bike descending.

For me more than going downhill, front stiffness is key when you lift from the saddle and start balancing the bike left and right, that's where I find responsiveness.

And this is where my C59 and C60 have both been lovely. They're the best feeling climbers I've owned - and both are more planted on the way back down. The Tarmac was lively all over - I just wish it was less so on the way down. Subjectively, I choose to attribute that to the class leading (or close to it) head tube stiffness.

kgt

by kgt

I would take the Diamante anytime even if the numbers were not us good.

gewichtweenie

by gewichtweenie

How do these numbers relate to your riding. Say you apply xx NM to the cranks and the bottom bracket sways 1.06mm instead of 1.00mm....what does that actually mean for your ride ?

beanbiken

by beanbiken

gewichtweenie wrote:How do these numbers relate to your riding. Say you apply xx NM to the cranks and the bottom bracket sways 1.06mm instead of 1.00mm....what does that actually mean for your ride ?

My guess is unless you are a "bicycle God" SFA :D :D

SM
BB

Coffee & carbon

ninjasloth

by ninjasloth

For every 5W you save in aero drag, you will save a second if you manage to ride at same aero position for an hour at a speed of 40km/h

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LionelB

by LionelB

If the F8 is a reference I would not worry one second about the "flex" of the F10.

morganb

by morganb

kgt wrote:I would take the Diamante anytime even if the numbers were not us good.

Me too, such a gorgeous bike, especially in the blue/fluoro

3Pio

by 3Pio

Imaking20 wrote:
C36 wrote:

And this is where my C59 and C60 have both been lovely. They're the best feeling climbers I've owned - and both are more planted on the way back down. The Tarmac was lively all over - I just wish it was less so on the way down. Subjectively, I choose to attribute that to the class leading (or close to it) head tube stiffness.

One of the reason i bought C60. No flex at all while climbing. When u climb on C60 the only flex u feel , is flex from ur body :)

Today i had climb where average is 9.5% which was long 8.5 km where i was able to feel that again :)

BTW, when i tested the Dogma F8, i did not feel that stiff for climbs as C60

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Seedster

by Seedster

kgt wrote:I would take the Diamante anytime even if the numbers were not us good.

Same here. Basso Diamante is really made in Italy (not just painted there) as well!!!!