Thoughts on the 2018 BMC Teammachine?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Hahaboy

by Hahaboy

PinaF8 wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:30 pm
Here is my bad boy.

Love it!
how you buy rim brake version with ICS stem ? i saw all dealer selling rim brake verion with the 3t stem only

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

PinaF8

by PinaF8

Hahaboy wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:35 am
PinaF8 wrote:
Here is my bad boy.

Love it!
how you buy rim brake version with ICS stem ? i saw all dealer selling rim brake verion with the 3t stem only
I switched it from 3T to ICS when my LBS placed my order.
S-WORKS VENGE 1ST GEN
PINARELLO F8
PINARELLO F10
2018 BMC SLR01
2019 SCOTT SPARK RC 900

ThunderJack07

by ThunderJack07

Beancouter wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:42 am
In the UK, Evans cycles are the sole distributors. I needed a zero offset seatpost and Di2 spares.

The Di2 part number is 301102.
Zero offset seatpost is 301143

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I checked Evans cycles website. They do indeed have spare parts for BMCs (mostly old bikes it seems) but couldn't find any di2 parts for a teammachine... I also tried searching with your part number on Evans cycles and internet in general but nothing. :shock: Would you have a link or something ?
BMC Teammachine SLR01 - MY18 - 6.87kg
S-Works Venge Disc - MY21 - 7.07kg

bilwit

by bilwit

bilwit wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:07 am
lost the seatpost cover on a ride today... looking at the design I'm not sure how they expect it to stay in unless I'm missing something??

2a

https://www.bmc-switzerland.com/fileadm ... amp_EN.pdf
bilwit wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:30 pm
saba wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:11 am
TonyM wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:20 am
On my Roadmachine02 the seatpost clamp cover is the same as yours BUT it is attached to the seatpost itself. I always wondered why...Now I know why...
Only on 2018 models. 2017 models have a tiny grommet.
pretty dumb... will need to put some light adhesive or something on it maybe
BTW about the seatpost clamp cover, apparently it's a "known issue" that it just pops off. If you buy a replacement, the paper it comes with describes that it's a known fault and that the replacement is designed to fix the issue (didn't stop my dealer from charging me it though instead of treating it as a warranty issue) -- the insert thing is maybe twice as long as the original which was just a little nub. With the new one, you have to really lodge it in there so that it sits flush with the the little bolt chamber and the frame.

I suspect maybe newer batches come with the fixed clamp cover but ones already "in the wild" will have the issue. Just a heads up.. mine only fell off after ~300km of riding the thing (I suspect a particularly bumpy section caused it).

kx_1

by kx_1

PinaF8 wrote:
Hahaboy wrote:
PinaF8 wrote:
Here is my bad boy.

Love it!
How do you put the alum bottom part of the stem on the cylindrical steerer?? You modified the inside of it?? Because it has two “bumbs” inside the metallic spacer that normally the hydraulic cables passes

My Builds so far... C50,EPS Erik Zabel, C59 Di2.

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Thunderjack - You will need to email or call them - the email address is special.orders@evanscycles.com

ThunderJack07

by ThunderJack07

bilwit wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:37 pm
bilwit wrote:
lost the seatpost cover on a ride today... looking at the design I'm not sure how they expect it to stay in unless I'm missing something??

2a

bilwit wrote:
saba wrote:
TonyM wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:20 am
On my Roadmachine02 the seatpost clamp cover is the same as yours BUT it is attached to the seatpost itself. I always wondered why...Now I know why...
BTW about the seatpost clamp cover, apparently it's a "known issue" that it just pops off. If you buy a replacement, the paper it comes with describes that it's a known fault and that the replacement is designed to fix the issue (didn't stop my dealer from charging me it though instead of treating it as a warranty issue) -- the insert thing is maybe twice as long as the original which was just a little nub. With the new one, you have to really lodge it in there so that it sits flush with the the little bolt chamber and the frame.

I suspect maybe newer batches come with the fixed clamp cover but ones already "in the wild" will have the issue. Just a heads up.. mine only fell off after ~300km of riding the thing (I suspect a particularly bumpy section caused it).
I juste received an SLR01 three last week and I can tell you the seat clamp cover is super tight. When I tried to remove the seat post I started to unscrew the seat clamp and once it was pretty loose, I tried to remove the cover and never succeeded. I had to unscrew almost until the point the screw was completely out to manage to get the seat post out and even then, the cover is still kinda attached to the mechanism. Don't know what BMC did to fix the issue but mine wasn't gonna fall I am pretty sure about that :P

ThunderJack07

by ThunderJack07

Beancouter wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:05 pm
Thunderjack - You will need to email or call them - the email address is special.orders@evanscycles.com

Ha ok, thank you for the info. I contacted BMC directly. Depending on their answer I will contact Evans Cycles directly.

bilwit

by bilwit

ThunderJack07 wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:08 pm
bilwit wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:37 pm
bilwit wrote:

2a

bilwit wrote:
saba wrote:

I juste received an SLR01 three last week and I can tell you the seat clamp cover is super tight. When I tried to remove the seat post I started to unscrew the seat clamp and once it was pretty loose, I tried to remove the cover and never succeeded. I had to unscrew almost until the point the screw was completely out to manage to get the seat post out and even then, the cover is still kinda attached to the mechanism. Don't know what BMC did to fix the issue but mine wasn't gonna fall I am pretty sure about that :P
perhaps they moved quickly with the fix, I bought my SLR01 in October and the part that pressed in was maybe 6mm long and was easily taken off by hand. The new one's insert is very long (and also girthy) and I had to put some weight behind it just to get it flush so it would be very difficult to take off I would imagine. Not entirely sure why it's removable in the first place though, since the bolt chamber it attaches to comes right off anyway once you undo the bolt and the instructions say you're supposed to insert the seatpost after the cover is already installed so it's kind of a pointless design choice for it to not just be fixed

PinaF8

by PinaF8

kx_1 wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:05 pm
PinaF8 wrote:
Hahaboy wrote:
PinaF8 wrote:
Here is my bad boy.

Love it!
How do you put the alum bottom part of the stem on the cylindrical steerer?? You modified the inside of it?? Because it has two “bumbs” inside the metallic spacer that normally the hydraulic cables passes

Only way to make this work is to clean off the bumps located inside of the metal spacers. Good luck!
S-WORKS VENGE 1ST GEN
PINARELLO F8
PINARELLO F10
2018 BMC SLR01
2019 SCOTT SPARK RC 900

Oznerol

by Oznerol

cpark wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:56 pm
Ruben58 wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:14 pm
Thoughts? New cockpit looks clean imo.
I agree with you.
I like the clean look of the cockpit, especially the placement of the junction box on the downtube. I was able to demo a SLR01 Disc Two and SLR02 Disc One, and I couldn’t really tell much difference between the two frames.
I thought they both rode really nicely, and slightly more comfy than my Cervelo S5.

I ended up pulling the trigger on a SLR02 Disc One for three reasons:

A] I couldn’t achieve the proper stack height due to the proprietary stem (-12.5 angle) with the size 56 SLR01.

B) I didn’t want any more red or black bikes, and I really liked the Mexico Blue color.

C) Since I would’ve have to replace a lot of parts to fit my needs- different handlebar, stem, saddle, crankset (different length), wheel set and tires, I didn’t want to spend over $10,000.

I ended up getting a fantastic deal as well, so I’m very happy with the purchase.

I did upgrade the shifter, brake and crankset to Dura Ace 9170 and replaced the wheel set with Nox Falkor 36D rims, White Industry CLD hubs with CX-Rays spokes.

The only thing I’m waiting for are the matching color Berk Lupina saddle (the yellow saddle and the decals didn’t match) and the zero offset seatpost.
Beautiful bike! Do you know what it weighed stock?

Kazyole

by Kazyole

PinaF8 wrote:
Here is my bad boy.

Love it!
Really mean looking bike. There's just something about those oversized pulley wheels that does it for me. It's subtle, but mmmmmmmmmmm...

Therat

by Therat

Hi there everyone.
I have got a problem with my new BMC Teammachine slr 02.

I just kept the frame and the seatpost from the original spec.
And the brakes also because I'm waiting for a pair of ultegras.

Well, can you guys help me out finding a longer seat post?
The stock one length is 300mm. I use 690mm of seat hight.
So I have maxed out the seatpost and still need another 20mm. 10mm out of frame and another 10mm to go in the frame
It is a 47 size frame and I'm 1,69mt high.

Where can i buy one like the ones that come on size 54 (330mm)?

I have the bike stopped.

:cry:

bilwit

by bilwit

Therat wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:33 pm
Well, can you guys help me out finding a longer seat post?
The stock one length is 300mm. I use 690mm of seat hight.
So I have maxed out the seatpost and still need another 20mm. 10mm out of frame and another 10mm to go in the frame
It is a 47 size frame and I'm 1,69mt high.

Where can i buy one like the ones that come on size 54 (330mm)?
your local BMC dealer could special order it.. otherwise you'll have to send some emails to an online distributor

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Therat - where are you based?. I have one which I was planning on putting on eBay - taken off a 56. Have swapped mine out for a straight through post. PM me if you are interested.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com