Colnago V2-R 2017

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

3Pio

by 3Pio

Seem that there is successor to V1-R, and new model is V2-R.

Cant understund the need of this new model, since there was Aero Model (Concept), and C60. Why they need another Aero model? :)

Anyway, very interested what will bring this new model as improvement over C60 , V1-R or Concept..Hope it wont look like generic Chinese bike (like V1-R), or ugly as Concept..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

corky

by corky

Source?

I agree too, v1-r is already out of date aero wise and the concept shoulda remained just a concept....is it selling well?

Nothing so far from Colnago that gets anywhere near the C60 in terms of desirability....

3Pio

by 3Pio

corky wrote:Source?

I agree too, v1-r is already out of date aero wise and the concept shoulda remained just a concept....is it selling well?

Nothing so far from Colnago that gets anywhere near the C60 in terms of desirability....

There is like video on Colnago official FB page with countdown. It will be on the market in June

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Yeah, that doesn't really make sense. But I'm all for it if people are more encouraged to blow out their current V1-r :)

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

One thing I would bet is likely for sure... they will have gotten rid of the under/behind the BB brakes. And I pretty much agree with @Corky's post above.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

AJS914

by AJS914

It seems like the V1/V2 fills a hole in their lineup. It's aeroish and it's a lot lighter than the C60. I assume it's lighter than the Concept.

nestornnk

by nestornnk

Calnago is right.The rear brake will be in the traditional position.
The V2-R will be the climbers bike with some aero characteristics.

wingguy

by wingguy

As far as I can see Colnago already dropped the aero marketing aspect of the V1R a while ago. They're pushing it as the top all-round monocoque frame for people that don't want lugged C60.

Like the M10 was to the C59.

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

wingguy wrote:Like the M10 was to the C59.

This would make sense.

I also wonder if it will plug the 'endurance / fondo / sportive' geometry gap left by the now-defunct CX-Zero?

3Pio

by 3Pio

https://www.bc-bikes.com/en/colnago-v2r/

The countdown for the ones interested to check details in the moment of putting on the market.

For me.. C60 all the time :)

corky

by corky

3Pio wrote:https://www.bc-bikes.com/en/colnago-v2r/

The countdown for the ones interested to check details in the moment of putting on the market.

Especially if they release a direct mount brake version that the UAE team are running......

3Pio

by 3Pio

corky wrote:
3Pio wrote:https://www.bc-bikes.com/en/colnago-v2r/

Especially if they release a direct mount brake version that the UAE team are running......

When i think what could be an upgrade of C60 in new C model (C70 or whatever name..). Ok, Direct Mount Brakes...

Maybe just a little less weight? (For me and i climb a lot, the weight of C60 is just perfect. My bike in this moment is 6875 gm and thats totaly ok..) In same time is very stable downhill (after i replaced handlebar, and is made very robust) ( dont want to trade those two for just a little less weight)

So what else u think should be an upgrade in next C model compared to C60?

corky

by corky

Yeah lighter would make it appeal to more people I think....

Integrated seat binder, to make it look a little more current.....

Some more interesting paint jobs....

3Pio

by 3Pio

There is pricing of the new V2-R.

The bike will be available in a limited edition from 26.06.17 as complete bike with Campagnolo Super Record and Bora Ultra Wheels.

https://www.bc-bikes.com/en/shop/colnago-v2-r/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

caballero

by caballero

V1r frame is on chain reaction cycles, on blowout.
All sizes and colors, 99,000¥ each (about 900$us) absolute bargain !!