Colnago V2-R 2017

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Daniel1975

by Daniel1975

No blue... :-(

Anybody who wants to sell his V1-r in blue 52s?
I hoped for more than this.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

nismosr wrote:
Calnago wrote:Yes... agree with @corky... they got rid of the under chainstay brake mounting, but then routed the rear brake cable through the headtube. Ugh!

same rear brake routing with the Concept .

I guess they figure it's more "aero" going straight through the headtbue like that. I just don't really care for it aesthetically and I always picture water dripping directly through that hole, then down the inside of the headtube, until it finds its nice resting spot right on your lower headset bearing.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

showdown

by showdown

Website says 28c is the max tire clearance but who knows... you might be able to squeeze some 30's in there. Not surprising as it's a lightweight racing bike not an adventure bike so anything larger than 28's would be a bit much.

The big disappointment for me with that brake routing is that for electronic drivetrains it's likely that the wire (Campy and Shimano) will have to run all the way down to the downtube port leaving it dangling in the wind and downright hideous. I just don't understand why they didn't (and let me be clear that I'm making that assumption based on photos) make the brake entry into the headtube double as the wire port.

I dunno, I love Colnago and I loved my CX-1, M10, C59 and now C60 but I have to say that as a company they seem to be doing a lot of trading on their name and cache and have yielded the technological edge to basically everyone else. So at this point I really have to wonder why anyone would buy anything other than the C60. Generally a version 2 of a bike makes it better... here, I'm not so sure.

The paint is nice though... :|

corky

by corky

showdown wrote:Website says 28c is the max tire clearance but who knows... you might be able to squeeze some 30's in there. Not surprising as it's a lightweight racing bike not an adventure bike so anything larger than 28's would be a bit much.

The big disappointment for me with that brake routing is that for electronic drivetrains it's likely that the wire (Campy and Shimano) will have to run all the way down to the downtube port leaving it dangling in the wind and downright hideous. I just don't understand why they didn't (and let me be clear that I'm making that assumption based on photos) make the brake entry into the headtube double as the wire port.

I dunno, I love Colnago and I loved my CX-1, M10, C59 and now C60 but I have to say that as a company they seem to be doing a lot of trading on their name and cache and have yielded the technological edge to basically everyone else. So at this point I really have to wonder why anyone would buy anything other than the C60. Generally a version 2 of a bike makes it better... here, I'm not so sure.

The paint is nice though... :|

The fact that they reverted the rear caliper to the traditional location is an improvement but there really is nothing going on to get excitied about..... maybe the ride is exceptional?

nismosr

by nismosr

showdown wrote:

If it's the same as the Concept, wire routing will be right next to the rear brake hole on the HT , an adapter block will be included to cover where the mechanical cable routing on the downtube.
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

AJS914

by AJS914

Every review I've read says the V1-R is a lovely bike to ride. It has the Colnago geometry and it's supposedly race stiff but the ride is still comfortable. Sounds a lot like the C59/C60. Plus it's has aero qualities, is lighter and a bit cheaper than the C series. The V also seems to be discounted more heavily than the C series.

Delorre

by Delorre

nismosr wrote:
showdown wrote:

If it's the same as the Concept, wire routing will be right next to the rear brake hole on the HT , an adapter block will be included to cover where the mechanical cable routing on the downtube.

Lets hope you are right, but otherwise, it's only a very small, simple hack to make room for the tiny di2/EPS cable. I did the same with my addict, only had to modify the grommet a little, the frame is untouched :wink:

edit : you are right, it's like the Concept wiith space fo the wire near the brake cable

Last edited by Delorre on Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Delorre

by Delorre

Slight OT, but did you see here (http://www.cyclinside.it/web/colnago-2018-ecco-la-v2-r-e-altri-ritocchi-sulla-c60/), just below the v2r pics, the 'new' c60, with direct mount brakes? 8)

showdown

by showdown

Yup, brake port can accept the wire. Well, that's good.

It's not a bad bike by any measures and it's probably really durable and rides great. I wonder what the price will be?

Delorre

by Delorre

showdown wrote:Yup, brake port can accept the wire. Well, that's good.

It's not a bad bike by any measures and it's probably really durable and rides great. I wonder what the price will be?

From this picture, it looks like the brake housing is full lenght?? Other pics show a cable stop. Really confusing :?

wingguy

by wingguy

Delorre wrote:From this picture, it looks like the brake housing is full lenght?? Other pics show a cable stop. Really confusing :?

Well that's a disc brake hose so yeah, it's gonna be full length :wink:

Rim brake version probably has a cable stop though.

nismosr

by nismosr

Currently building my Concept and cable stop is included for the
HT.

2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

Whats the ordeal with that rear brake cable? Why would anybody pass the cable through the headtube? Makes no sense..

Not only is it pretty unappealing to the eye but that bend looks pretty tight too. All the cables going into the frame in all sorts of places makes it looks pretty cluttered up front and definitely not solvable via a shrink wrap job..

Yeah, I think this a bit of a pass in my book
THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

THE FUTURE: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

spartan

by spartan

very disappointing. rush worked by colnago. they want to charge premium price but they did not sweat the details.

here is a pic of the revamped 2018 ridley noah sl disc. smooth. sexy.

colnago

ridley

Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

Imaking20

by Imaking20

But that's not really a fair comparison, is it? Why not compare the full aero road bike versus full aero road bike.

Which would be the Concept

Or are you referring more to the cabling?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com