quarq powermeter connection to mac failing

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

weptunus

by weptunus

hi guys

I'm trying to do a firmware update on my quarq sram red power meter.
I'm using a garmin ant+ usb dongle (type AP2) to connect the powermeter to my mac and the qalvin legacy app to update the firmware.
When I open calbin and clik the 'search for powermeter' button it lists my powermeter with the correct ant+ id, I choose connect and the app continues and opens a loading dialog saying 'gathering power meter data'. the different buttons in the next screen are inactive, but one by one they become active, except the last one (the firmware part), after a minute or so I get a new dialog saying "The power meter appears to have disconnected. Qalvin will close the connection." and it goes back to the main screen.
when I hit the cancel ''gathering power meter data'' dialog, I can use all the other features of the app.
I've just done a firmware update on my other quarq and everything went perfectly.
things I've already tried:
- close / reopen qalvin
- reinstall qalvin
- different ant+ usb dongle
- reset quarq (battery and coin trick)
- new battery in powermeter
- same stuff on a different computer
there are no nearby active ant+ devices

any ideas how I can resolve this problem? I would like to do the update so I don't need to stick a magnet to my brand new frameset to get cadance data...

thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CycloTron

by CycloTron

I'm afraid it is possible your Quarq is dying...

But have you tried back pedaling the cranks while attempting to reconnect again?

sp3000

by sp3000

Can you connect via bluetooth from your phone on this model? I have no trouble at all connecting via the Qalvin BLE app on my iphone to my dzero.

jlok

by jlok

+1 to the phone app. I use my Galaxy S7 and the Qalvin app to update the firmware.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10