New frame choice....advice appreciated.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

asiantrick

by asiantrick

I have both the Izalco Max (AG2R frame) and the Super Six Evo. Izalco Max runs a size smaller. I run a 50cm on the SupersiX and 52cm on the Focus. They are both fast so you can't go wrong either or, but the Izalco is slightly stiffer.

alastairb

by alastairb

asiantrick wrote:I have both the Izalco Max (AG2R frame) and the Super Six Evo. Izalco Max runs a size smaller. I run a 50cm on the SupersiX and 52cm on the Focus. They are both fast so you can't go wrong either or, but the Izalco is slightly stiffer.

That's nice!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wingguy

by wingguy

alastairb wrote:
wingguy wrote:
eyedrop wrote:As far as geometry, are your highly flexible? Go for the more aggressive bike.

Dude, the difference in most sizes (Evo vs Izalco) is about half a stem length increment. If a fit is achievable on one it's almost certainly achievable on the others as well.

Geometry is about much more than fit...

The context of the post I was directly replying to was purely about fit.

Daniel1975

by Daniel1975

That Focus is really nice! With an all black crankset even nicer.
Would be my choice over the SS, there're already more than enough of those on the roads.

syplam

by syplam

How about a wilier zero6? Im thinking about that for my next bike haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hatsunagi

by hatsunagi

I have used izalco max frameset (AG2R)
Pros; Light, Stiffness, fits to flexible riders who wanna take aggressive riding positio
Cons; Not comfortable to ride, not compatible to DI2 (for certain designs), Built-in expanders are too heavy

reedplayer

by reedplayer

hatsunagi wrote:I have used izalco max frameset (AG2R)

Cons; Not comfortable to ride........, Built-in expanders are too heavy

not comfortable to ride? its my bike for long marathons in the mountain area, so i cant confirm this.
true, expander is much too heavy, i modified headset like that:

alastairb

by alastairb

The frameset made it onto my shortlist because it's meant to be pretty comfortable... (as well light and stiff, with aggressive geometry)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

reedplayer

by reedplayer

i just got an 2013 super six evo himod frameset from a mate, so now i although have both, the izalco max and the evo himod.
made first ride with the evo today (170 km/2000 hm) and must say: feels very similar to the izalco. no surprise, both are size 52, and geometrys are nearly identical in this size. major difference is the headtube angle of 71,7° focus (for rake 43mm) and 72,5° cannondale (45 mm fork rake). steering with the focus may be a little more neutral, but both feel great on fast curvy descents.
although weight is very similar, not worth of mention.
if i personally had to choose, i would keep the izalco, because i love its simple, understated appearance and it seems a little bit more high-graded to me in terms of construction/workmanship.