Shimano R9100-P Powermeter

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Maxxlefty

by Maxxlefty

For FC-R9100-P Powermeter...

On my Garmin 520 I see in "About" of the DA powermeter Battery "OK" .
What do you see under the Battery status?

ms6073

by ms6073

I see the same but the battery was recharged just last month. My understanding is the Shimano powermeter should yield ~500 hours before charging, so if it is like the Di2 shifters, after about ~250-hours of use, the status should change.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Maxxlefty

by Maxxlefty

Do you know why there are delays in delivering this powermeter?
any problems?

timmerrr

by timmerrr

I got some inside info on this as I have a bike that keeps getting pushed back and i wanted some answers. Shimano had a fire and lost most of their dura ace and ultegra stock for late 2018 including the power meters. No OEM avaliablity until mid january 2019, likely no aftermarket avaliablitiy until mid spring.
State Bicycle Co. Undefeated: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=171358

Maxxlefty

by Maxxlefty

::: Real Battery Life fc-r9100-p battery question :::

after how many hours of use have you recharged the battery ???

indicate if in summer or winter ... thanxs...

in my case, 4 months (from October to February), about 140 hours, from the "pm battery low" message...

Maxxlefty

by Maxxlefty

no one answers for my question?

TonyM

by TonyM

The one that I have on my rain/ winter bike did not make 350 hours also. I mainly rode it however in during the winter with temperatures between 0C and 7C.

I will check tomorrow if I can estimate the number hours it made.

AFAIK the full potential of a battery is however achieved after a few cycles.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Maxxlefty wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:09 am

It’s not the most popular power meter out there. Maybe when Shimano comes out with the next generation and reduces the price more people will actually be able to provide anecdotes.

Maxxlefty

by Maxxlefty

TonyM wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:14 am
The one that I have on my rain/ winter bike did not make 350 hours also. I mainly rode it however in during the winter with temperatures between 0C and 7C.

I will check tomorrow if I can estimate the number hours it made.

AFAIK the full potential of a battery is however achieved after a few cycles.
thank you.

for me 300 hours are many and only with temperatures of about 25 ° constant.

Maxxlefty

by Maxxlefty

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:27 am
Maxxlefty wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:09 am

It’s not the most popular power meter out there. Maybe when Shimano comes out with the next generation and reduces the price more people will actually be able to provide anecdotes.
true but someone who uses it, even on this forum, is there.

TonyM

by TonyM

I have meanwhile checked the use of the Dura Ace powermeter that I have on my winter/ rain bike and I would say that the 1. charge worked for approx. 120 to 150 hours until "low" (so not fully empty). However, I rode this bike/ powermeter mainly in the cold season and with temperatures between 0C and 7C I would say.
And as mentioned this was the 1. charge and rechargeable batteries need a few cycles to get their full power/ capacity.

Maxxlefty

by Maxxlefty

TonyM wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:27 am
I have meanwhile checked the use of the Dura Ace powermeter that I have on my winter/ rain bike and I would say that the 1. charge worked for approx. 120 to 150 hours until "low" (so not fully empty). However, I rode this bike/ powermeter mainly in the cold season and with temperatures between 0C and 7C I would say.
And as mentioned this was the 1. charge and rechargeable batteries need a few cycles to get their full power/ capacity.
Hi Tony, thanks for your reply. !!!

With the first charge, my power meter worked about 135/140 hours before the low battery message.

I rode this bike/powermeter in the cold season and with temperatures between -2C and 7C I would say.

TonyM

by TonyM

I suppose in a few charge cycles it will improve like for all batteries. But in the cold the charge will not last as long as for 25C.

I personally don‘t have any problem with it. And I really do like the stealth look of this powermeter.

Don‘t forget to update it separately than the Di2 with etube. (FYI there was an update a few days ago: 4.1.7, http://e-tubeproject.shimano.com/firmware/?lang=en). I almost forgot and then remembered that it is not connected to the same Di2 etube when I do the updates of the other Di2 components.

ipenguinking

by ipenguinking

I've been a happy user of R9100-P for over a year. The unit has been spitting out consistant data since day 1. I don't know how long the battery lasts on the unit since my routine is charging both Di2 and R9100-P when Di2 battery level is below 20%. (per Garmin 520) So far I've never ran out of juice. The only little glitch I've noticed is L-R % can be off when there is a big temperature change during the ride. For example when I start my ride at 50F in the early morning before the temperature soars to 80F during middle of the ride. I suppose doing another manual zeroing would probably solve the problem but it doesn't really bother me.

TonyM

by TonyM

That may have been corrected in the last update 4.1.7. of last week.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com