Compressionless brake housing for internal routing

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

Time for a cable update on my Parlee. Can you guys recommend a compressionless brake housing to replace my standard campag housing?

Needs to route internally through the top tube so no link-style housings please, I can't be bothered with the faff (and rattle) of i-links, nokon etc
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

Pegoretti Responsorium, Parlee Z5i, Donhou Commuter, 1946 MacLeans Featherweight L'Eroica!, 2x MTB 'dales

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Yokuzuna would gone out of the picture with the word "internally". It is the best brake housing if it has big space to turn and curve.

Not sure if Shimano Dura-ace 9000 brake housing is compressionless but i found it good, albeit look so normally common.
New Jagwire pro kit would be lighter weight alternative.

by Weenie

joejack951

by joejack951

Hexsense wrote:Yokuzuna would gone out of the picture with the word "internally". It is the best brake housing if it has big space to turn and curve.

With some effort, Yokozuna can be routed internally. I even got it through my Ritchey Streem II carbon handlebars. I had to go through the downtube and chainstay for my rear disc brake. That was pretty easy compared to the handlebar routing.

morrisond

by morrisond

TRP makes compressionless housing - you can get it off there site.

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

I wouldn't force compressionless brake housing to do tight bends unless it has an extra tough outer covering. I believe Yokozuna has this but not something like the TRP stuff and which will be vulnerable to splitting.

Lieblingsleguan

by Lieblingsleguan

Had no problems with Jagwire Road Pro and internal routing. Works fine.

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

Thanks guys, I'll give the jagwire a go as it seems to be the most readily available
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

Pegoretti Responsorium, Parlee Z5i, Donhou Commuter, 1946 MacLeans Featherweight L'Eroica!, 2x MTB 'dales

by Weenie