Bianchi Oltre XR3

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
Kjetil

by Kjetil

I'd get a frame and put Super Record and Bora Ultra 35 on it.
Bianchi-Campagnolo

TonyM

by TonyM

Does anyone has a XR3 or could tell me if there is enough room between the diagonal tube and the front tire to accommodate clip-on fenders/ mudguards?

by Weenie

Boshk

by Boshk

Need to flame a bit.... :cry: :evil:
Just got a XR3 ultegra complete bike and whilst adjusting the seatpost, the paint chips off!!

I know in the big scheme of things, its nothing......the pedals aren't even on yet!!
Last edited by Boshk on Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colnago C60

Boshk

by Boshk

TonyM wrote:Does anyone has a XR3 or could tell me if there is enough room between the diagonal tube and the front tire to accommodate clip-on fenders/ mudguards?

I'll take a photo for you tomorrow but just from looking at it.....the front tire (stock Zaffiro) vs diagonal tube has only 17mm of clearance at its closest point.
Colnago C60

TonyM

by TonyM

Boshk wrote:
TonyM wrote:Does anyone has a XR3 or could tell me if there is enough room between the diagonal tube and the front tire to accommodate clip-on fenders/ mudguards?

I'll take a photo for you tomorrow but just from looking at it.....the front tire (stock Zaffiro) vs diagonal tube has only 17mm of clearance at its closest point.

Thanks! I has meanwhile the opportunity also to check one XR3 for that and indeed that would not really work with Bora50/25mm tires (real more like 26) and clip-on fenders (like the SKS raceblade).

Boshk

by Boshk

TonyM wrote:
Boshk wrote:

Thanks! I has meanwhile the opportunity also to check one XR3 for that and indeed that would not really work with Bora50/25mm tires (real more like 26) and clip-on fenders (like the SKS raceblade).

as promised...photo, its 15mm at the narrowest point
Attachments
IMG_20170927_232222.jpg
Colnago C60

TonyM

by TonyM

Thanks!!

crux

by crux

Are there any XR3 build threads?