New Dura Ace Di2 9150 connecting to Garmin Edge 1000

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

cyclespeed

by cyclespeed

carbonLORD wrote:I plugged my WU111 into the left shifter with a 200mm eTube wire, (since each shifter has 3 ports) and double stick tapped it under my Aeroad handlebar so it's hidden and right next to the Garmin. I'll post pics later. Works great!

That's a neat idea! So you just have one cable to it, with none leaving it?

carbonLORD
in the industry

by carbonLORD

Correct. I put a dummy plug in the exiting port. This is also useful if I ever need to access it with the PCE1 system checker.
carbonLORD.com

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

PinaF8

by PinaF8

That's a brilliant idea.
S-WORKS VENGE 1ST GEN
PINARELLO F8
PINARELLO F10
2018 BMC SLR01
2019 SCOTT SPARK RC 900

cyclespeed

by cyclespeed

I guess, to stop things becoming over complicated, Shimano has to present a solution that works for everybody; Ultegra, 1, 2, 3 ports, etc. etc.

But that means that their 'solution' may not be optimum for you and your bike. We've already seen how the RS910 can be wired up much better than they say, and this is a much better way to wire the EW-WU111.

goodboyr

by goodboyr

It still amazes me that Shimano did not follow through with their original front jb design that incorporated the ant+ into the 3 and 5 port JB. So strange that you need a separate component.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

cyclespeed

by cyclespeed

goodboyr wrote:It still amazes me that Shimano did not follow through with their original front jb design that incorporated the ant+ into the 3 and 5 port JB. So strange that you need a separate component.

Presumably there must be plenty of space to have it integrated inside a shifter too....?

goodboyr

by goodboyr

Dat true.....We should work for Shimano!

greenp

by greenp

Thanks for all your help guys... The LBS checked and say I have the BT-DN 110 battery fitted as part of the Dura ace 9150 ? Just waiting for the WU111 arriving in the LBS tomorrow

ms6073

by ms6073

cyclespeed wrote:Presumably there must be plenty of space to have it integrated inside a shifter too....?

Shimano is probably saving that for the 9250 Di2 series release. :mrgreen:
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

eaglejackson

by eaglejackson

cyclespeed wrote:
eaglejackson wrote:
greenp wrote:Thanks for your help .... Do I also need a new Battery ?

You need a D-Fly (either the EW-WU101 or the new EW-WU111) and a new battery (BT-DN110). Yes, it's a little surprising that the new DA still requires a D-Fly but so be it. Having the hidden buttons is a very nice feature.

You don't need the new battery if you just want to talk to your Garmin. You DO need the new battery if you want Synchro Shift and/or Bluetooth.

My mistake, yes, you are right. You only need the D-fly for the Garmin, and you still need it with the 9150. The battery is needed for E-tube (which needs Bluetooth). Thanks for the correction.

Rzrbk63

by Rzrbk63

I am not sure that if you have the newest 9150 Dura-ace that you need anything extra. According to this article it should come with everything you need. What am I missing.
http://www.cyclingweekly.com/cycling-we ... ers-307634

I just bought a new bike and am also having trouble connecting. I need to make sure the bike shop installed this part though.

TonyM

by TonyM

I learned as I bought a new bike last fall that almost all manufacturers don’t deliver their Dura-Ace Di2 or Ultegra Di2 bikes with Bluetooth connection module! You may have to buy and install it...

dricked

by dricked

You can’t use the ew-wu111 unless you have the new BT-dn110 battery. Please correct me if I’m wrong but I’ve tried.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

^You are correct.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ