Campagnolo EPS V3 cockpits

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

keaton

by keaton

I just purchased Record EPS V3. I am looking for inspiration on how to install/setup my cockpit area the cleanest. If anyone has pictures of theirs to share that would be awesome!

Thanks!

Also if anyone has any tips or advice I would greatly appreciate that as well! (Yes I have read through the forums)

avispa

by avispa

keaton wrote:I just purchased Record EPS V3. I am looking for inspiration on how to install/setup my cockpit area the cleanest. If anyone has pictures of theirs to share that would be awesome!
Also if anyone has any tips or advice I would greatly appreciate that as well! (Yes I have read through the forums)

If you tell us your frame make, model and size, I will be happy to provide tips. campy V3 over V2/V1 is really easy to set up in my opinion. I have Pinarello bikes, but I have seen Campy V3 installed on other bikes very clean and nice.

Let us know what you got and we can continue the conversation.

..A..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

morrisond

by morrisond

If you use a Computer on an out-front bracket just mount it beneath that - about as clean as your going to get.

keaton

by keaton

avispa wrote:
keaton wrote:I just purchased Record EPS V3. I am looking for inspiration on how to install/setup my cockpit area the cleanest. If anyone has pictures of theirs to share that would be awesome!

If you tell us your frame make, model and size, I will be happy to provide tips. campy V3 over V2/V1 is really easy to set up in my opinion. I have Pinarello bikes, but I have seen Campy V3 installed on other bikes very clean and nice.

Let us know what you got and we can continue the conversation.

..A..

BMC Teammachine slr02. I believe I will have to slightly enlarged a couple holes to fit eps. I saw a slr01 so I know its possible, even though BMC creates their frames specifically for di2 only.

Thanks for your help!

keaton

by keaton

morrisond wrote:If you use a Computer on an out-front bracket just mount it beneath that - about as clean as your going to get.

Do not use a computer unfortunately :/

ferrarista

by ferrarista

I think the best way is to just stick it under the stem with strong 3M double side tape or use the rubber bands provided with the interface.

another way is to stick it on the left side of the stem so you have easy access to the charge port. The charge port is small and I've seen a lot of people destroy it especially on the V2 battery due to poor charge port placement.

██

Bourquek

by Bourquek

I have V3. One disappointment is I can't run the interface unit underneath my stem. I have 9 cm slammed stem with no spacers. V3 interface unit won't fit unlike my older V2 which fit fine. If my stem wasn't slammed it would fit instead it hits up against the head tube. I had to rotate it to the left side of the stem. I think the stem is the best place to mount it. The V3 interface is a bit more bulbous looking over V2. I don't think V3 can be mounted under a Barfly Garmin mount. I think that only worked with V2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

I have two V3 bikes with the interface under a Barfly mount. One is a 2.0:

The other is attached to a SLi 2.0:

keaton

by keaton

Mockenrue wrote:I have two V3 bikes with the interface under a Barfly mount. One is a 2.0:

The other is attached to a SLi 2.0:

very nice, thanks!!!

ferrarista

by ferrarista

For those using the deda superzero stem, there is a di2 clip made for that stem. I'm sure campy interface can be installed with small tie wraps.

██

audiophilitis

by audiophilitis

I think under the stem is still the best location with the wires shrink-wrapped with non-segmented brake cable housing where possible.

avispa

by avispa

Hey Keaton,

Here's my bike. Please note the red arrows. I use a 6mm spiral cable wrap, which you can find on eBay. There are several types out there. Some being more flimsy than others. The stronger, better quality ones is made by Panduit and it's the type that Campy provides with the EPS (although too short for this application). I could not see how they do the cable entry points on your BMC model. But Pinarello does a great job with this, especially if you want to use standard handlebars/stems.

I try to put the wrap on both, the front and rear brake cables, since this allows me to guide both shift cables neatly. I also try not to bend the interface cables too much. I liked the Campy V2 interface a bit better because it was more compact (rectangular) and I used to put it nicely on the curve of the rear brake cable, where I could see it. The new interface, IMO, is a bit bulky and hard to place anywhere other than the places where you see it in the pics that the others and me have provided. I am hoping Campy will do something about this with their V4 EPS. It's about time to get rid of the awkward charger/ connector, etc.

You may also want to look at pictures from other Pro bike set ups, such as Movistar and Lotto. They do nice clean jobs.

..A..

PHOTO 1
PHOTO 2
PHOTO 3
Last edited by avispa on Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seedster

by Seedster

3M tape to hold the junction box onto the stem and high quality electrical tape to reduce the spaghetti.

Last edited by Seedster on Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

keaton

by keaton

[quote="avispa"]Hey Keaton,

Here's my bike. Please note the red arrows. I use a 6mm spiral cable wrap, which you can find on eBay. There are several types out there. Some being more flimsy than others. The stronger, better quality ones is made by Panduit and it's the type that Campy provides with the EPS (although too short for this application). I could not see how they do the cable entry points on your BMC model. But Pinarello does a great job with this, especially if you want to use standard handlebars/stems.

I try to put the wrap on both, the front and rear brake cables, since this allows me to guide both shift cables neatly. I also try not to bend the interface cables too much. I liked the Campy V2 interface a bit better because it was more compact (rectangular) and I used to put it nicely on the curve of the rear brake cable, where I could see it. The new interface, IMO, is a bit bulky and hard to place anywhere other than the places where you see it in the pics that the others and me have provided. I am hoping Campy will do something about this with their V4 EPS. It's about time to get rid of the awkward charger connector, etc.

You may also want to look at pictures from other Pro bike set ups, such as Movistar and Lotto. They do nice clean jobs.

..A..

Very nice! Thanks for the input!!!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

keaton

by keaton

Seedster wrote:Image

\
:D