Campagnolo EPS V2/3 Battery charger problem.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

Without a doubt, the charger connector is not it's strong suit. When Campagnolo recognizes this, they will improve it. I could not see any cell phone company using this type of connector without a huge back lash.

It needs to be simpler for the ham-fisted consumers out there [and the older clients that cannot see as well as they used to].

Disc0

by Disc0

I've been using EPS a number of years and haven't broken one yet. It often seems just a matter of time though.

Reading this thread gave me an idea.

EPS v1 came with white stripes on both the charging tip and the charging port, which showed how they were meant to align. That put you at least in the ballpark on getting the charging tip to the right point of rotation.

My v3 doesn't have those stripes - but one could add them. A white paint pen should do it. Wouldn't even have to be visible with the interface's weather cap closed.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SolongSid

by SolongSid

Why do seemingly intelligent people believe saying “well it’s never happened to me” is constructive? The fact that this happens at all would suggest there is a fundamental flaw in its design. When was the last time you wrecked a mains plug putting it into a socket? I would venture to guess never because it’s well designed and fit for purpose.

csteenbe

by csteenbe

It is a very challenging system with V3 it is easier, because you can take the loading point from the stem and have a good look at it.

With v2 it was a pain in the ....., because it was fixed on my seattube and visibilty was bad.

Btw; i burned to chargers, they just stopped working.

I love Campagnolo but this is a bad development!

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

I've worked at an automotive mechanic for well over 35 years, I can assure you this, even a well designed product and be totally screwed up by a professional mechanic. If you think there is a flaw because someone can scew it up, the only flaw is with that thought.

Yes, Campagnolo should have thought this connector out a bit more but no matter what they would have done, someone would have screwed it up.