A Review: Body-Customized Meld Saddles

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

meld

by meld

Again, we did not give Antonio email correspondence with our customers.

Antonio is not our employee. We do not share correspondence we have with our users with third parties. We passed what we would, and should, have posted on this forum ourselves to Antonio as he wanted to post them himself. From now on we will do that ourselves via this account. We do not give our users' mailing and email addresses to third parties. All orders are placed via Amazon or Paypal portals, credit card information stays with them and we do not have access to them.

In the posts we sent to Antonio for posting, we put real names. Our intention is to have the apology similar to one we see in newspapers, i.e. with real names. Once Antonio realized that is incorrect, he removed/replaced the real names. I apologize for that mistake.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DeeHubbs

by DeeHubbs

You shared a customers correspondence with Antonio who is a 3rd party. Regardless of your intentions of posting that information here, or your hopes on how the 3rd party (Antonio) would handle that customers information does not change the fact that this customers private correspondence with your company was shared without consent.

RedBullet

by RedBullet

otoman wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:04 pm
RedBullet, I would applaud you for the civility you have kept in the threads. So many people get their flame on. Well done.
Thanks! That may be a first on any forum! ;-)

I think what you said was spot on. Running a small company has got to be super tough. I have no idea how many people work at Meld, or how many different folks do the communications. I always like to see companies participate in these kinds of things out in the open like that. So good for them.

The engagements may be a little rough, but that because they likely don't have trained professionals that have tons of experience doing super specific tasks like managing social media channels etc.

Lastly, I think it is appropriate for customer to share their experiences as well. I think we all realize we expect to read more negative stuff on forums like this and positive things (we all seem to like a good fight eh?).

Were we talking about saddles or what?

meld

by meld

We are very small at this time. Each of us needs to juggle mutiple tasks. I still wash the toilet. We do not have dedicated people to man hotlines, which would be great.

I think we may need to specifically express the roughness of our engagements to our users. This is not an excuse for us not to improve, but to manage their expectations. I will think about that...

Ethan

meld

by meld

DeeHubbs wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:58 pm
You shared a customers correspondence with Antonio who is a 3rd party. Regardless of your intentions of posting that information here, or your hopes on how the 3rd party (Antonio) would handle that customers information does not change the fact that this customers private correspondence with your company was shared without consent.
I hope your concern has been addressed in this thread:
https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 1&start=45

If not, let me know and I'll try again.

RedBullet

by RedBullet

meld wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:47 am
We are very small at this time. Each of us needs to juggle mutiple tasks. I still wash the toilet. We do not have dedicated people to man hotlines, which would be great.

I think we may need to specifically express the roughness of our engagements to our users. This is not an excuse for us not to improve, but to manage their expectations. I will think about that...

Ethan
I guess I would start by not using Antonio as a spoksperson. I appreciate he is a stong advocate, but I am not sure he helps you in a PR sense and communications from the company (especially executives) carry a lot more weight. I think you do a better job anyway...

Smithjeb

by Smithjeb

meld wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:47 am

Ethan
You should think about it. Again, you have a great product on paper but the customer experience is frankly awful. I’ve spent 3 weeks trying to find a resolution and despite your posts and explanations at the end of each one - you do nothing to help. Your story changes each week and frankly, it has been one of the most disappointing interactions I have ever been involved in. You don’t need to manage expectations - just stand behind your product - saddles simply don’t break in half during normal riding.

I will never buy from MELD again and would strongly encourage other to do their own independent research before sending you a dime. I am still waiting for my refund.

otoman

by otoman

Age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill

chriswoods918

by chriswoods918

Just went through the start of the process with these guys. The sour reviews are accurate. Slow to receive the mold kit. I wrote a note on the mold box “please call me to discuss options” and my phone number so as to dial in what I was looking for and get exactly what I wanted. I mean, these are custom saddles, right? Sent it in… No phone call. I bumbled through the clickers on the dashboard and submitted the request. I followed up with an email – please confirm that I did in fact select tall carbon rails (as that is somehow chosen on a different dashboard screen). The email I got back said “We reviewed all communications from you. It seems that the services we provide aren’t a good fit for you, and we don’t think we should continue with the process. We have provided a full refund, thank you for your interest in our saddles.”

I have received no such refund.

I ordered a custom saddle and wanted to discuss specifics – literally got told that we’re unwilling to provide customer service and help you out – here’s not your money back.

Unbelievable.

DO NOT TRUST

meld

by meld

chriswoods918 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:22 pm
I have received no such refund.
Hello, we emailed you about the cancellation of your order this morning. The refund was also initiated this morning via Amazon Pay. It may take a while for Amazon to finalize the chargeback. Thank you.

P.S. We do not provide round-the-clock 24h 7days a week service.