S-Works SL 2018

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Pschnei3

by Pschnei3

Glad to hear they are coming out with the 0 offset

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DCcyclist

by DCcyclist

Pschnei3 wrote:Glad to hear they are coming out with the 0 offset

Can someone educate me with "0 offset"? What is the advantage of having it vs not having it? Is it stiffness issue?
2019 Giant TCR Advanced Pro 0 Disc

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

DCcyclist wrote:
Pschnei3 wrote:Glad to hear they are coming out with the 0 offset

Can someone educate me with "0 offset"? What is the advantage of having it vs not having it? Is it stiffness issue?

its a fitment issue.

mbdurham17

by mbdurham17

Is the setback 25mm? I saw my first SL6 in person today at another LBS. It was not an UL but a black/white 56 with CLX 50 and DA. The post didn’t look like 25 setback. I have a FSA SB25 on my SL5 and it seems to be set back much further. I didn’t take any pics but will next time I’m there. BTW it’s a great looking bike in person can’t wait to get my UL frame.

fritzbox

by fritzbox

Nice [emoji106]Image

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

orange wrote:
Pschnei3 wrote:
I would consider the girls matte black with hot pink lettering bike even.

so would I but they don't make it in a 58 :(
Yes they do...
Using Tapatalk

Hexsense

by Hexsense

liam7020 wrote:
What weight penalty for direct mount are you referring to? Like for like Shimano Direct Mount brakes are a little (10-20grams) lighter than their traditional equivalents. And if you want to go hog wild the EE brakes work (with an adapter for smaller sizes).

I don’t use Shimano brakes. The TRP R920 brakes I have on my Tarmac are sub 260g, soon to be replaced by a pair of TRP R979SL calipers with a real weight of 235g which probably represents a saving of 50-60g over the DA direct mount brakes. :wink:

The EE brakes are indeed very light but they’re hideously expensive and, to my eye, are not particularly aesthetic.

There is a middle ground called Bontrager Speedstop, similar design to EE brakes but not as expensive (~100-150 each on Ebay from time to time) and not as light (112g each).
They also releasing new Bontrager Speedstop Pro which is 9x grams, using more hollow and Titanium parts to save weight at higher price which can be ordered new from Trek.

orange

by orange

Nefarious86 wrote:
orange wrote:
Pschnei3 wrote:
I would consider the girls matte black with hot pink lettering bike even.

so would I but they don't make it in a 58 :(
Yes they do...

the website says it maxes out at 56cm ?

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

I had one on order untill today, change of plans tho. They do exist.
Using Tapatalk

orange

by orange

Nefarious86 wrote:I had one on order untill today, change of plans tho. They do exist.

thanks - will check it out. What are you getting instead ?

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Haven't worked it out yet. Selling almost everything and going Disc something +2 or 3 sets of wheels.
Using Tapatalk

Navik

by Navik

Having a hard time deciding between factor o2 and the SL6.

Both similar price but factor o2 frameset comes with one piece carbon handlebar.

ichobi

by ichobi

I would pick sl6 still. Got everything you need for a race bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zappafile123

by zappafile123

Navik wrote:Having a hard time deciding between factor o2 and the SL6.

Both similar price but factor o2 frameset comes with one piece carbon handlebar.

Thats a really hard choice!

Based on looks I'd go for the Factor, based on marketing hype about performance I'd go for the Tarmac (e.g. http://road.cc/content/review/229824-sp ... tarmac-sl6 ) Also I think the Factor is around $1000 more expensive. The Tarmac is quite well priced relative to other 'super bikes' out there.

I demoed a Factor ONE, so I'm sure you could convince your local dealer to let you ride an O2. My local spesh dealers also allow test rides. Go ride them and choose from there!

Also make sure you can get into the right position with the integrated bars. I'd love to get some Metrons for my XR4, but I have the tops/levers angled down slightly so I couldnt get comfy with an integrated setup.
FactorOne|SartoSeta|StorckF.3|Enigma EliteHSS|SworksSL6|ColnagoC60/V3Rs|DeRosa Protos|BianchiXR4/2|BMCSLR01 16|Cdale EvoHM|Focus IzMax|RidleyHe SL/SLX|BH Ulight|BassoDiamante|Scapin DyseysS8|TimeRXRS/ZXRS|TCR SL|RidleyNoah|Look585|CerveloS5/S3

Navik

by Navik

zappafile123 wrote:
Navik wrote:Having a hard time deciding between factor o2 and the SL6.

Thats a really hard choice!

Based on looks I'd go for the Factor, based on marketing hype about performance I'd go for the Tarmac (e.g. http://road.cc/content/review/229824-sp ... tarmac-sl6 ) Also I think the Factor is around $1000 more expensive. The Tarmac is quite well priced relative to other 'super bikes' out there.

I demoed a Factor ONE, so I'm sure you could convince your local dealer to let you ride an O2. My local spesh dealers also allow test rides. Go ride them and choose from there!

Also make sure you can get into the right position with the integrated bars. I'd love to get some Metrons for my XR4, but I have the tops/levers angled down slightly so I couldnt get comfy with an integrated setup.

In Singapore, the factor o2 is sold for the same price as SL6. I read that review before and it's messing with my head now.
Thank you for the insight on integrated bars.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com