S-Works SL 2018

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
ichobi

by ichobi

Looks like either Sagan or Black then. Other colors not as good looking as I hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Arnoud wrote:Image

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

thats so 90s... I'll pass.. Black or Superstar Sagan is the only way to go.

by Weenie

TonyM

by TonyM

Looks a little bit like the Klein bikes in the 90s indeed

fritzbox

by fritzbox

MhhhhImage

Pschnei3

by Pschnei3

ichobi wrote:Looks like either Sagan or Black then. Other colors not as good looking as I hope.

I would consider the girls matte black with hot pink lettering bike even.

moyboy

by moyboy

Yes and the good thing is with rider first engineering the geometry is the same for all. Just different colorways.

Pschnei3 wrote:
ichobi wrote:Looks like either Sagan or Black then. Other colors not as good looking as I hope.

Arnoud

by Arnoud

TobinHatesYou wrote:I like the security zip ties.

orange

by orange

Pschnei3 wrote:

so would I but they don't make it in a 58 :(

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

I like this custom color way, owned Chris You, from Specialized.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXbGHXPHch5/?taken-by=chrisyuinc
2016 Pactimo Brand Ambassador
http://www.Crankaddicts.cc
http://www.skratchlabs.com
2015 Specialized S-Works Allez
2015 Specialized Venge Pro
2014 Specialized S-Works Shiv TT

L3X

by L3X

It's funny to me how one of the lead guys in aero at Specialized more or less dismisses the Venge in all social media posts and interview since the release of the new Tarmac.

Just curious if they're finally working on a light aero frameset, shave some weight off the ViAS already! :(

Lieblingsleguan

by Lieblingsleguan

L3X wrote:It's funny to me how one of the lead guys in aero at Specialized more or less dismisses the Venge in all social media posts and interview since the release of the new Tarmac.

Just curious if they're finally working on a light aero frameset, shave some weight off the ViAS already! :(

If it's true that the new Tarmac is about as aero as the old Venge, I see no reason for a model in between the Venge Vias and the Tarmac. For an aero all-rounder, put some deep wheels and a set of narrow aero bars on the Tarmac. If climbing is pretty much never on the menu for you and aero is really everything for you and you want the very last marginal gain in terms of that, go with the Venge (if you can live with the looks of it...).

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Lieblingsleguan wrote:
L3X wrote:It's funny to me how one of the lead guys in aero at Specialized more or less dismisses the Venge in all social media posts and interview since the release of the new Tarmac.

If it's true that the new Tarmac is about as aero as the old Venge, I see no reason for a model in between the Venge Vias and the Tarmac. For an aero all-rounder, put some deep wheels and a set of narrow aero bars on the Tarmac. If climbing is pretty much never on the menu for you and aero is really everything for you and you want the very last marginal gain in terms of that, go with the Venge (if you can live with the looks of it...).

Totally agree.... I own a 1st gen. Venge and love it. I feel it is a great all-around bike and I ride it as such. I'm sure the Tarmac is probably a little more compliant and comfortable and perhaps stiffer on out of the saddle efforts when going uphill, but I find the Venge does all of these things just fine as well and I'm not giving ups ton of weight. As my bike sits, it weighs 15.7 pounds, not super light, but not really heavy and its been built with parts that will always last. The new Tarmac looks awesome to me. I'll definitely be paying closer attention to it in the next year or so.
2016 Pactimo Brand Ambassador
http://www.Crankaddicts.cc
http://www.skratchlabs.com
2015 Specialized S-Works Allez
2015 Specialized Venge Pro
2014 Specialized S-Works Shiv TT

micro553

by micro553

liam7020 wrote:
morganb wrote:I like the looks of it, its a bit more modern if a tad generic. The lack of 0 offset seatpost on the other hand is bewildering. They don't even have one available on the dealer end so if you have short femurs the bike is not usable as it stands.

Yeah, neither the 25mm nor the 0mm really suit me so the fact you can't change the seatpost on the new frame makes it a non starter.

Is this true. Been looking at the new Tarmac online and I need a 0 degree post.

When I tried the BMC Teammachine SLR01 Disc they told me that a 0 degree seatpost was not a problem. They had one.

If Sepcialzed don´t have this then it´s a bummer.

flafonta

by flafonta

I was told by Specialized dealer (who called Spec) that a 0 offset post will be available in Oct/Nov

by Weenie

L3X

by L3X

Lieblingsleguan wrote:

I just don't love allround bikes in larger sizes that much, that's where I like the aero frames better.

Given that most Specialized bikes are on a 3 year cycle (at least Tarmac, Venge, Stumpjumper/EpicHT, Epic full suspension and the ViAS being released in 2015 - I'm hoping there will be a new Venge in 2018 with a considerable weight reduction (as seen in latest Tarmac, Epics etc.).