S-Works SL 2018

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
raggi

by raggi

53x12 wrote:No.

Fair enough. Why not? Looks shit-hot imo.

mbdurham17

by mbdurham17

pschnei3 wrote:anybody get a deal on the frameset or is everybody paying full retail?

I got my UL for 10% off

pyrahna

by pyrahna

pschnei3 wrote:anybody get a deal on the frameset or is everybody paying full retail?

Chances are if you walk into a dealer and ask for a discount on a brand new limited edition frameset you will probably not get much of one (think between 0% - 10%). My understanding is the UL are selling pretty quickly.

Get it if it is worth it to you....get something else if it isn't.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

I've ordered a female colourway, The geo is standard now, only the colour changes. As tempting as pink camo was I just cant see it re-selling easily.
Using Tapatalk

Ahillock

by Ahillock

Nefarious86 wrote:I've ordered a female colourway, The geo is standard now, only the colour changes. As tempting as pink camo was I just cant see it re-selling easily.

Is the layup standard across both?

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

It is, Only difference now are saddle/crank/handlebar configurations.
Using Tapatalk

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Swannie wrote:EE brakes? Do they function well?

Yes, very well.

glam2deaf wrote:I know this is weight weenies but would something like this be a reasonable solution?

Definitely a reasonably priced option. Especially if stopping power and modulation aren't high on the priority list!

Beaver wrote:And I wanted to keep my SRAM Red - except for the eeBrakes the others are made for Shimano levers... There are OEM TRP brakes on the BMC bikes with SRAM Red, maybe one can get hands on those.

The TRP 970 is for Shimano and 979 is for SRAM. Or maybe I have it backwards - but TRP definitely makes a brake that is specific to SRAM pull ratio. Not that it stops any better than even Force brakes... but I guess that's moot until SRAM makes something DM.

DaReef wrote:
Nefarious86 wrote:So with 9100/EE Brakes, R sys SLR clincher wheels and either a 9100P or NG on 2017 Sworks crank how light are people thinking a 58cm frameset can be built up?

15-16lbs - just a wag

Really light would be etap and CLX 32 tubulars

I'd be very surprised if it even hit 15 lbs with the Mavics. Of course, finishing kit will account for a lot. But I've done low 14# on wheels of similar weight, etap, and 9100 with much heavier frames.
Current:
T2

Retired:
Blue | Project C6.0 | Felt AR FRD | Colnago C59 NERO | 2014 S-Works Tarmac | S-Works Venge | Wilier Cento Uno SL | Tarmac SL2

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

59XXg would make me happy with a 58cm frame and alloy clinchers.

Either 9100 or Etap with EE DM
Matte Zipp Speed SL 120mm stem and SL70 aero bar in 40cm
Jagwire links
Mandible cages
Turbo cotton 24mm tyres

Will fill in the blanks as I go :)
Using Tapatalk

Beaver

by Beaver

Imaking20 wrote:

The TRP 970 is for Shimano and 979 is for SRAM. Or maybe I have it backwards - but TRP definitely makes a brake that is specific to SRAM pull ratio. Not that it stops any better than even Force brakes... but I guess that's moot until SRAM makes something DM.

That model ist called T980:

But it's not listed yet. I have only seen it OEM on BMC bikes.

TonyM

by TonyM

Any news on the new S-Works Tarmac disc?

morganb

by morganb

TonyM wrote:Any news on the new S-Works Tarmac disc?

Expected release in December, not much details in terms of weight/etc. I would think that if they are spacing the launch out that far it either is somehow lighter than the rim frame, or they haven't finished development and are trying to match it.

53x12

by 53x12

raggi wrote:
53x12 wrote:No.

Fair enough. Why not? Looks shit-hot imo.

Not a fan of the color (I know that is personal). Plus if resale is every a thing to consider, it would be harder to sell.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

raggi

by raggi

53x12 wrote:Not a fan of the color (I know that is personal). Plus if resale is every a thing to consider, it would be harder to sell.

Yeah, understandable about the color, it's not everyone's. Not sure I agree on the resale value though, it's got exactly the same geometry as the men's frame, so it fits the same number of people as the men's frame in the same size (color preferences aside :) ).

DaReef

by DaReef

morganb wrote:
TonyM wrote:Any news on the new S-Works Tarmac disc?

Expected release in December, not much details in terms of weight/etc. I would think that if they are spacing the launch out that far it either is somehow lighter than the rim frame, or they haven't finished development and are trying to match it.

Or making sure they can meet the demand. I suspect these are going to move.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Using the "front" aero brake calliper on the front and rear of the bike?ImageImageImageImage
Using Tapatalk