S-Works SL 2018

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
robeambro

by robeambro

KotP wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:34 am
robeambro wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:15 am

Thanks! It’s a disc frameset, and not the one featured in the link you provided.

Wait, now I'm even more confused, are you saying

is not the same frame/colour combination as

Does it matter in terms of logos etc?
I don't see that it would. Especially if you trace the existing logos and customize from there as other users have described doing.
Yes it is the same! I never said otherwise, I think.. Sounds like a big misunderstanding..

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

KotP wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:34 am
robeambro wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:15 am

Thanks! It’s a disc frameset, and not the one featured in the link you provided.

Wait, now I'm even more confused, are you saying

is not the same frame/colour combination as

Does it matter in terms of logos etc?
I don't see that it would. Especially if you trace the existing logos and customize from there as other users have described doing.
hahaha... I was confused too. When he first posted a pic of the bike I didn't realize it was a disc frame, because he's posted it here, in the rim brake thread, not the disc brake one. Then, I followed your link and I guess I didn't scroll far enough down to see the disc brake model photo that you've subsequently linked directly to.

In any case, I've never seen that colorway before... I did find it on the UK Specialized site and they list the color as reflective logo or something along those lines, so I think the logos will be a bit more noticeable than the normal gloss on matte colorways.

by Weenie

KotP

by KotP

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:25 pm

hahaha... I was confused too. When he first posted a pic of the bike I didn't realize it was a disc frame, because he's posted it here, in the rim brake thread, not the disc brake one.
I'm still confused ;)
Then, I followed your link and I guess I didn't scroll far enough down to see the disc brake model photo that you've subsequently linked directly to.

I figured that was the case, the pictures display differently on mobile vs desktop. I did specify disc only but I can see the confusion, which is why I directly linked to it afterward.
In any case, I've never seen that colorway before...
It's the colour Spesh designated for the disc model at the 2017 launch of SL6, I guess to visually distinguish it from the white reflective logos of the rim brake model, but that was something like 6 months before the release of the disc which from memory eventually had holographic logos. I guess things changed.

robeambro

by robeambro

Haha guys sorry to have confused you! Funnily enough the colour doesn’t even matter, I just wanted to be directed to best possibilities for decals and the likes :)

cyclespeed

by cyclespeed

Now I have bought the straight zero setback seatpost for my SL6 Sworks I can confirm that there is no weight difference at all.

Not even between the 2 heads, for alloy or carbon rails.

But does give a better, more even position.

alexmcm09

by alexmcm09

Does anyone know the bearing size for the lower headset bearing? All the replacement bearings I can find online come in sets and I only want the lower bearing.

From what I can see it's a 52x40x7mm ACB 45x45 degrees

Is this correct? I think I've found what looks like a compatible bearing on Simply Bearings.

jj911c2

by jj911c2

I had to replace mine recently -- ended up being:
ACB-4545-1125S 1-1/8" Angular Contact Bearing for Internal Headset 45 x 45 Degree - Stainless Steel SKU: ACB-4545-1125S 1
ACB-4545-150S 1.5" Angular Contact Bearing for Internal Headset - CAMPY 45 X 45 Degree - Stainless Steel SKU: ACB-4545-150S

I purchased from https://bicyclepartsdirect.com/

alexmcm09

by alexmcm09

jj911c2 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:41 pm
I had to replace mine recently -- ended up being:
ACB-4545-1125S 1-1/8" Angular Contact Bearing for Internal Headset 45 x 45 Degree - Stainless Steel SKU: ACB-4545-1125S 1
ACB-4545-150S 1.5" Angular Contact Bearing for Internal Headset - CAMPY 45 X 45 Degree - Stainless Steel SKU: ACB-4545-150S

I purchased from https://bicyclepartsdirect.com/
Legend, thank you. Managed to find a UK seller too. Cheers

chiumomo

by chiumomo

Does anyone have any news on 2020 paint scheme?

raggi

by raggi

Looks like you do 😁 where are these images from?

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

both of those look like cool paint options... although I'm not sure I love the chameleon paint with the roubaix camo.... that might be too much going on. I've seen the roubaix team camo in person and that looks great.

tabl10s

by tabl10s

idinfo68 wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:03 pm
Here is my Tarmac SL6...5.36 kgs (11.8 lbs)
Who said he was heavy?

More information on www.baron-noir.com
Video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rVqSTVoGZY

Didn't know this was your bike. I Shazam'ed the song even though I'm not a rocker.
2016 Orbea Orca OMR: 15.0lbs/6.804kg...😐 | 2016 Rca: 11.07lbs/5.048kg...😭 | 2015 Pinarello F8: 13.04lbs/5.915kg...😩 | 2018 S-Works SL6: 12.04/5.625kg... 😥

nonamed

by nonamed

Looking for black Matte SL6 rim sWorks with white decals. Is it still available or they have changed it for 2019/20

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk Pro

Stendhal

by Stendhal

nonamed wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:29 am
Looking for black Matte SL6 rim sWorks with white decals. Is it still available or they have changed it for 2019/20

hi nonamed. I’m writing because I did a lot of work trying to find a good color SWorks rim frame last year. I found that the colors listed in Specialized’s US web site were not always available. This was confirmed by going to dealers, who checked their real time online linked systems to Specialized. In other words, real information is hard to find.

As I recall, matte black-white decal was on the 2018 model year site. For a time in the Fall of last year, on the Specialized site, there were two separate links for the “same” frame. One was for 2018colors and one was for 2019 colors (or maybe 2017, 2018), but that was not marked. The only way I knew this was that I saw the second link added later in the year with new colors.

At least on the US site today, there is only 1 link. There is not a black-white model; there is a black-kind of reflective silver model.

I also learned that foreign country Specialized options were different. For example, there was a model with the logo in interesting colors based on CERN particle smashing patterns ( this had been made originally for Kittel when he was at Quick Step ). On line sellers such as Sigma Sports (UK) would list these non US colorways but not ship to the US.

So, if you want this particular model, I think your best bet is to get real time data from a local dealer if there are any near you, or, believe it or not, eBay. Good luck, it’s a fantastic frame.
Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL6 (6.39 kg), Cervelo Aspero (7.87)
Retired: LOW// mki, Pinarello Dogma F10 \ F8, Lapierre Pulsium, TIME Fluidity, Wilier Cento1 SR, Ridley Noah, Cyfac Cadence, Cervelo S2, R3, R5, Felt Z25, Klein Quantum, Cannondale 2.0

by Weenie

Stendhal

by Stendhal

Stendhal wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:04 am
nonamed wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:29 am

hi nonamed. I’m writing because I did a lot of work trying to find a good color SWorks rim frame last year. I found that the colors listed in Specialized’s US web site were not always available. This was confirmed by going to dealers, who checked their real time online linked systems to Specialized. In other words, real information is hard to find.

As I recall, matte black-white decal was on the 2018 model year site. For a time in the Fall of last year, on the Specialized site, there were two separate links for the “same” frame. One was for 2018colors and one was for 2019 colors (or maybe 2017, 2018), but that was not marked. The only way I knew this was that I saw the second link added later in the year with new colors.

At least on the US site today, there is only 1 link. There is not a black-white model; there is a black-kind of reflective silver model.

I also learned that foreign country Specialized options were different. For example, there was a model with the logo in interesting colors based on CERN particle smashing patterns ( this had been made originally for Kittel when he was at Quick Step ). On line sellers such as Sigma Sports (UK) would list these non US colorways but not ship to the US.

So, if you want this particular model, I think your best bet is to get real time data from a local dealer if there are any near you, or, believe it or not, eBay. Good luck, it’s a fantastic frame.
Just looking at eBay now, there are full bike (not frame) 2018 lightweight versions for sale in a couple of sizes...they have the black-white color scheme. Also a size 52 frame only and a size 56 (which in the picture looks closer to black-silver)

On line sellers might also have new old stock to sell, clearing out the 2018 models
Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL6 (6.39 kg), Cervelo Aspero (7.87)
Retired: LOW// mki, Pinarello Dogma F10 \ F8, Lapierre Pulsium, TIME Fluidity, Wilier Cento1 SR, Ridley Noah, Cyfac Cadence, Cervelo S2, R3, R5, Felt Z25, Klein Quantum, Cannondale 2.0