S-Works SL 2018

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Timmy269

by Timmy269

Is the angle of the Chain stay en seat stay not to small on a 52frame with 50 Roval wheels like the specialized tarmac pro?

P90Puma

by P90Puma

Anyone in Canada got one yet?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

moyboy

by moyboy

Me! :beerchug:

P90Puma wrote:Anyone in Canada got one yet?

moyboy

by moyboy

I have it and will take photos of it when i get home along with part number.

mbdurham17 wrote:My UL frame will be here in a few weeks :D so ordered the ee’s today. LBS called specialized confirmed the adapter for the ee on a 54 frame is from cane creek and not from specialized. He’s working with CC to secure one.

mbdurham17

by mbdurham17

moyboy wrote:I have it and will take photos of it when i get home along with part number.

mbdurham17 wrote:My UL frame will be here in a few weeks :D so ordered the ee’s today. LBS called specialized confirmed the adapter for the ee on a 54 frame is from cane creek and not from specialized. He’s working with CC to secure one.

Thank You!!

sun

by sun

Has anyone heard anything on the aero of the new Tarmac vs. the Allez Sprint. They say the Tarmac is the same aero as the old Venge. I heard a reference of the Sprint being the same aero as the old Venge in low yaw conditions with the Aerofly handlebar and a -17 degree stem.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

pyrahna wrote:
DartanianX wrote:The stock bikes come with a EW-JC200 E-Tube 2 Port Junction, not a EW-WU111 Di2 D-Fly.

Visually very similar.

The stock Di2 bikes all have terrible Di2 cabling and I'm shocked Specialized haven't done something cleaner or integrated the Di2 more cleanly.

I'll post some photos of the bike I built from a frame up soon.

Agreed that the stock ultralight bikes had the Di2 setup phoned in on a massive level. Extra cable length outside the tape...just messy job overall. So much potential for a clean job and they dropped it on the execution.
I think a lot of that has to do with shimano dictating the parts list. The lack of cable ports in the bars is dissapointing tho.
Using Tapatalk

Colt501

by Colt501

Tried to place an order for a 52 Sagan Superstar today and was informed that Specialized will not produce anymore in that color scheme. It is considered a limited edition.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Colt501 wrote:Tried to place an order for a 52 Sagan Superstar today and was informed that Specialized will not produce anymore in that color scheme. It is considered a limited edition.

hahaha... Yea, because he won the WC again. Did you really think they'd continue making the color scheme commemorating the 2nd win? He's the ONLY person to win 3, back to back to back. There's NO way that Specialized is gonna miss the opportunity to give him a special bike and sell it to us.

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
hahaha... Yea, because he won the WC again. Did you really think they'd continue making the color scheme commemorating the 2nd win? He's the ONLY person to win 3, back to back to back. There's NO way that Specialized is gonna miss the opportunity to give him a special bike and sell it to us.

I actually heard from Ron, the designer of the paint scheme that Sagan likes the "Superstar" paint so much that he doesn't want a new one.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

ProfessorChaos wrote:
CrankAddictsRich wrote:

I actually heard from Ron, the designer of the paint scheme that Sagan likes the "Superstar" paint so much that he doesn't want a new one.

Ron told me the same thing... but I still have a feeling that Specialized will doing another one. I just can't imagine that they will miss the oppurtunity to do a custom paint scheme for such a rare event.

Factory

by Factory

still no actual weights other than the two non ULs on IG?

Slack

by Slack

The first Ultralight frameset we've had delivered. The fork weight is uncut. 56cm frame.
Attachments
IMG_9979.JPG
IMG_9980.JPG
IMG_9981.JPG
IMG_9983.JPG
IMG_9984.JPG
IMG_9985.JPG

orange

by orange

so that's 797g for a 56 frame which is 10% overweight :-|

what's the 176g weight ? (edit - seatpost ?)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Slack

by Slack

Yeah, that's the seat post. Although Specialized don't claim a weight other than "below 800g" which is on their website. The rest of the weights are all from journalist's articles.