S-Works SL 2018

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

liam7020 wrote:No problem with lights, been using them for 40 years. But FFS not on your best 10k drool worthy race bike!!
And if that's your only bike?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

liam7020

by liam7020

Not sure chum, are there many lads on this forum with only one bike.....? What d'you think?
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

sychen

by sychen

Only one road bike at home.. Old bike at work.. Mtb don't count in this context.. So yes only one road bike.. Technically.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

liam7020

by liam7020

sychen wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 9:18 am
Only one road bike at home.. Old bike at work.. Mtb don't count in this context.. So yes only one road bike.. Technically.

No technically you have 2 road bikes.
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

sychen

by sychen

Actually I have 2 road bikes..
For my rides other than work lunch spins.. I have one..so Lol

Sorry guys can't help myself...

Squashednuts

by Squashednuts

liam7020 wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 8:32 am
Not sure chum, are there many lads on this forum with only one bike.....? What d'you think?
Me...shush😉
...but what a bike
Building Spec Allez

Sold
Fuji SL 5.5kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=157704

Sold -
Izalco Max Disc 6.7kg http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... o+Max+disc

DartanianX

by DartanianX

Update on the Tarmac I built for my partner;

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

liam7020

by liam7020

For those using ee brakes on their Tarmacs, did your brakes come supplied with recessed nuts for the rear brake bridge? Mine didn't and I was just wondering what length nut you used and where you bought it from? Ta

Beaver

by Beaver

ProfessorChaos wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:00 am
I live in Texas and I did a fairly flat 2hr ride on both bikes a week apart with similar conditions. The ViAS was 3:30 faster, HR was 5bpm less both peak and average. On the speed side the average speed increased 1.4km/h. Both bikes were S-Works level. CLX50 on the Tarmac, CLX64 on the Venge. Similar fit on both bikes, and original round bar on the Tarmac. Aerofly bars are good for like 17sec over 40km if I remember correct, so that would be good for almost 30seconds at this distance.
Tour Mag. tested 12 Watt difference at 45km/h between Tarmac/CLX50 and Vias/CLX64 - that's 0.4km/h difference at that speed.

For 1.4km/h difference you should be able to be lightning fast. :mrgreen:

Your body is different every day and also the traffic, wind etc. Maybe you needed to wait at traffic lights on one day and not the other.

morganb

by morganb

Ordered an Expert today, not keeping a single part except the frameset though. Basically swapping the parts over from my SL5 plus a few things. eTap, going to try to pick up some eeBrakes if I can get my hand on the adapter (Specialized was out of stock) and a Pacenti SL23 wheelset for now.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

morganb wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 10:38 pm
Ordered an Expert today, not keeping a single part except the frameset though. Basically swapping the parts over from my SL5 plus a few things. eTap, going to try to pick up some eeBrakes if I can get my hand on the adapter (Specialized was out of stock) and a Pacenti SL23 wheelset for now.
Nice... I can't wait to see the results. Which expert did you get? I've thought about doing that too.

morganb

by morganb

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 12:03 am
morganb wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 10:38 pm
Nice... I can't wait to see the results. Which expert did you get? I've thought about doing that too.
The teal and black one, to be honest I've loved that color since I saw it and I got a Gunnar last year that I was kicking myself for not getting a fade paint job on, so it was an easy choice. I'm curious what its going to weigh as I can't imagine its a particularly light paint job. It was less money for a complete Expert than an S-Works frame so I'll be able to put the money saved after I sell the parts into some other goodies.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

A few weeks back, my local shop had a kit release party night. They had a bunch of awesome bikes tthat they've built over the last year on display and of course a bunch of bikes for sale as well. Toward the end of the night, a friend and I were looking at the teal/black expert that they had hanging up towards the ceiling of the store. At that point in time, my friend was debating doing exactly what you're gonna do, buy and strip it. We were all standing around looking at the bike, guessing what it weighed, stock. We all placed our bets and one of the shop mechanics finally puled it down and weighed it. Most of the bets were in the 17.0 pound range. If I recall correctly, I think it was 16.4 pounds in a size 54. That was stock build, no pedals, no bottle cages. I thought that was pretty darn light considering those wheels are probably pretty hefty and it's an Ultegra mechanical build.

hypercycler

by hypercycler

Anyone realized Specialized bumped up the MSRP on the standard S Works Tarmac to $10k? Which's the same price as the UL now.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Beaver

by Beaver

Supply and demand... Two threads here with more than 80 pages each show, that it's the bike to have at the moment. Peter Denk did it again (after CR1, Addict, SuperSix Evo). :D

But there's the Rose X-Lite, too. ;)