S-Works SL 2018

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

guyc

by guyc

liam7020 wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 8:37 pm
You may well be correct. I'm thinking the Assembly Paste doesn't do what it says on the tin! Something with "true grit" may be the answer.
Take the bolt out and make sure there’s no threadlock on there. Then grease it before re-assembly and use assembly paste on the post.

Threadlock can give a false torque reading. The shop that built my C64 up have seen this a few times with various makes.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sychen

by sychen

Liam I'm using tacx paste.. Seems to hold pretty well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

liam7020

by liam7020

sychen wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 10:15 pm
Liam I'm using tacx paste.. Seems to hold pretty well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Thanks for that info - I'll give it a go.
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

idinfo68

by idinfo68

Just received...

Tarmac SL6 size 56 (not Ultralight version)

Weight without any frame parts : 805 grs
Fork uncut : 340 grs
Seatpost : 177 grs
Seatpost Clamp : 21 grs
Derailleur Hanger : 15 grs
Small frame parts : 15 grs

Project will be under 5.4 kgs !

www.baron-noir.com

Specialized Aethos SUB5
Specialized Tarmac SL8 - 5.35 kgs
Specialized Tarmac SL6 - 5.16 kgs
Scott SPARK RC 900 SL SUB 8
Specialized Epic HT - 6.18 kgs

alexmcm09

by alexmcm09

liam7020 wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 2:40 pm
Anyone else have issues with their SL6 seatpost slipping? Torqued using Park Tool wrench and Morgan Blue paste applied - still f*ckin' slipping!!
What are you torquing it up to? My LBS (ex Specialized mechanic) recommended a little carbon grip paste and torque the bolt up to 8nm. Seems like a lot but the new clamp is designed to avoid crushing seat posts

liam7020

by liam7020

alexmcm09 wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 11:07 am
liam7020 wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 2:40 pm
Anyone else have issues with their SL6 seatpost slipping? Torqued using Park Tool wrench and Morgan Blue paste applied - still f*ckin' slipping!!
What are you torquing it up to? My LBS (ex Specialized mechanic) recommended a little carbon grip paste and torque the bolt up to 8nm. Seems like a lot but the new clamp is designed to avoid crushing seat posts
I was using Morgan Blue paste which appears to be totally inadequate. Got some Tacx paste today so I'll try that and take your advice for a little more torque. Cheers.
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

tonytourist

by tonytourist

Are you talking about the saddle rail clamp or the actual seat post expander?
I have my seat post expander at 5.5nm with 0 issues, I have the rail clamp at 8 nm and it's fine. I think 8nm on the expander would be excessive and could cause issues.

tyro13

by tyro13

Good morning from Belgium,

about ee brakes.....is the frontbrake sl6 specific or can i use a regular dual mount ee brake as front brake? (and is just the rear brake tarmac sl6 specific)

on my bmc slr01 i run sram etap with a gxp crankset, can i use this gxp crankset on the new tarmac sl6?

thx for the support.

idinfo68

by idinfo68

tyro13 wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 7:55 am

about ee brakes.....is the frontbrake sl6 specific or can i use a regular dual mount ee brake as front brake? (and is just the rear brake tarmac sl6 specific)
Yes, use normal direct mount front brake...
tyro13 wrote:
on my bmc slr01 i run sram etap with a gxp crankset, can i use this gxp crankset on the new tarmac sl6?
Yes with the good adapter for this axis, example :
https://www.c-bear.com/en/products/bott ... 0-sram-gxp
Last edited by idinfo68 on Tue May 29, 2018 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
www.baron-noir.com

Specialized Aethos SUB5
Specialized Tarmac SL8 - 5.35 kgs
Specialized Tarmac SL6 - 5.16 kgs
Scott SPARK RC 900 SL SUB 8
Specialized Epic HT - 6.18 kgs

morganb

by morganb

tyro13 wrote:

thx for the support.
Just a note, I ordered the Tarmac specific eeBrakes as a pair from Fairwheel and they look different than the regular eeBrakes, so here will be an aesthetic difference, but a normal direct mount will work on in the front. The other thing I noticed is they use a different spring than a normal eeBrake.

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

liam7020 wrote:I'm a tad old school but this is one of my major Room 101 issues. Why do all these new cyclists cover their high end race bikes with these dinky little lights, saddle packs, camera mounts etc etc etc. I KNOW the lights maybe make a bit of sense but Jesus people have a litle decorum! How to emasculate a beautiful bike! Would Mario or Eddy do it? You know the answer.
Living in Holland/Europe, i’m having a bit of the sane thoughts. In general, lights aren’t needed here unless it is dark. For people living in the US or other places where road bikes on the road are less common these lights can be live savers. The make you seen on the road from further out and make the driver aware that you are ‘there’.
Saddle bags are another endless discussion. Let’s not go there.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

jhalmar

by jhalmar

tyro13 wrote: on my bmc slr01 i run sram etap with a gxp crankset, can i use this gxp crankset on the new tarmac sl6?
I have this Praxis Works gxp adapter and works like it should be: https://praxiscycles.com/product/conv-bb-sram-gxp-road/

tyro13

by tyro13

Thx guys for the fast response.

On the site of r2 bike i found this....
https://r2-bike.com/SRAM-Innenlager-Tru ... lized-OSBB

So for the bb there are a few options....praxis and c-bear....weight of the praxis is nog so lightweight.

jhalmar

by jhalmar

tyro13 wrote:Thx guys for the fast response.

On the site of r2 bike i found this....
https://r2-bike.com/SRAM-Innenlager-Tru ... lized-OSBB

So for the bb there are a few options....praxis and c-bear....weight of the praxis is nog so lightweight.
AFAIK your link is not the correct one because of PressFit and I would choose threaded version because it basically (hopefully) is totally free of creaking and clicking. My Praxis Works GXP weighted 144g.

If you dont mind the price this might be an excellent choice: http://www.ceramicspeed.com/sport/produ ... SRAM%20GXP

morganb

by morganb

Need to wrap the bars still. Waiting for a straight post to come in and will probably switch the stem to a sprint stem.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com