Setting up Di2 Synchro shifting?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

KiwiPete

by KiwiPete

Okay, it's fixed (by going out and back into the app.!).

...it probably recognised that I created an account here and decided to play ball.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jorisee01

by jorisee01

Made me laugh!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to program chainring combinations other than the prescibed 50/34, 52/36, 53/39, 54/42. Looking to use 46/30.

TIA

ms6073

by ms6073

Pretty sure E-tube only supports chainring and cassette combos that Shimano markets, so the closest you will get to the Absolute Black rings is 46/34.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

ooo

by ooo

e-tube do not receive chainring/cassette sprocket information from pc/phone/tablet APP
you can input any chainring/cassette to get any synchro shift pattern you want
(use excel/google spreadsheets to calculate ratios and ignore app ratio numbers)

for some chainring/cassette combos APP is sending to e-tube additional setting to enable cross chainring limit
for this reason, even when needed combination is available in APP, some users input false combo to avoid this setting
'

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

ooo wrote:e-tube do not receive chainring/cassette sprocket information from pc/phone/tablet APP
you can input any chainring/cassette to get any synchro shift pattern you want
(use excel/google spreadsheets to calculate ratios and ignore app ratio numbers)

for some chainring/cassette combos APP is sending to e-tube additional setting to enable cross chainring limit
for this reason, even when needed combination is available in APP, some users input false combo to avoid this setting
Hi

I’m not sure I understand fully.

Do you mean that it is possible to override the stock chainring options Shimano has by inputting the ratios manually?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ooo

by ooo

"chainring options" only used in APP to display ratios in shift map table, they are NOT transfered from APP to BIKE
"synchroshift map" only store front and rear cog/chainring position numbers (without tooth count)
you do not need to change "chainring options" or synchroshift map in APP everytime you change cassette or chainrings
if you want to change synchroshift positions - you can use any "chainring options" (ignoring displayed ratio numbers, use Excel to find them if you need)
'