TT BIKE FOR SUPERLITE!! (Peter Ride TT machine)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

hey :) nice tattoo, is it a full sleeve? (not bike related but still)

plus: Don't you mean thats peter REID's bike the pro triathlete, not peter ride? Thats what it looks like and in which case that bike was ridden on the flat, very long Kona Ironman course.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bill F

by Bill F

I used the exact brake levers for a few years on a Zipp3001 Time Trial bike for both triathlons and time trials. They were effective as long as you were on a flat course - preferably closed to traffic. I found myself very uncomfortable when riding close to others or in traffic with the brakes. Riding in the mountains on long decents you just didn't have the braking power for proper control. Your hands also became tired if your had to apply braking force for long and periodically you could pinch your hands on the brake levers at the point of articulation. I also found myself fearful of my hands sliding right over the brake lever and off the handlebars when I had to quickly apply the brake to avoid an potential accident (moving your hands form the aerobars to the brakes). You just don't have the stopping power you would with normal brakes. The brakes that came with the Zipp3001 were very powerful but still didn't provide me with what I felt was needed in terms of braking capability in certain situations when combined with the subject brake levers. In general when ever a course got hilly or technical I put on standard brake levers.

On the other hand for a straight out and back time trial they were very nice and provided enough braking force to be effective. They certainly helped clean up the front end of the bike for TT.

:-)

by :-)

520 Dan wrote:hey :) nice tattoo, is it a full sleeve? (not bike related but still)

plus: Don't you mean thats peter REID's bike the pro triathlete, not peter ride? Thats what it looks like and in which case that bike was ridden on the flat, very long Kona Ironman course.

more or less..... time to move on to the next arm, 2 children kinda spend ya spare cash for ya tho :-(

Superlite

by Superlite

Yeah, thats a nice TT bike Delphi. But my dream come true? Sooooo, your buying me one? :lol:

I'll keep dreaming.

But my real dream TT bike is Armstrongs Team TT bike, with the DA and Bontrager wheel specs of course.
Attachments
teamtimetrial.jpg

danielgillett

by danielgillett

This is a real machine
:D

Superlite

by Superlite

You know what brand that frame is don't you?

spytech

by spytech

Superlite wrote:You know what brand that frame is don't you?

i dont know what brand that frame is, so let us know :roll:

:-)

by :-)

one things for sure... it aint a bianchi :lol:

Superlite

by Superlite

Beat me to it, well so much for the joke, it's not a gaint rebadged from a De Rosa. It's a walser TT, as shown above.

Despite Jan riding it I'm not impressed with it. Bianchi has really let me down quality wise for there high end products.

Delpi

by Delpi

What do you think about this one?
Attachments
blade_lg.jpg
Ciao Zauri

okr

by okr

Sorry to say, but that is one ugly-looking bike...

Delpi

by Delpi

Calfee Tetra Tri 8)
Attachments
2calfee2a-tri-med.jpg
Ciao Zauri

martin

by martin

Superlite wrote: Despite Jan riding it I'm not impressed with it. Bianchi has really let me down quality wise for there high end products.

As you write yourself, the only thing on that particular bike coming from Bianchi are the stickers, so that souldn't be much of a problem.
The Walser is undoubtedly one of the finest TT bikes there is.

Martin
Snowman and Strong Walker
Scott Sc
my old stuff
my new stuff

Tsielio

by Tsielio

ullrichs new bike
Attachments
Giant TTbike.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

okr

by okr

yes, it would could have been, except that this is the t-mobile woman`s tt-bike...Hope not to see Jan on that team this year...no mather how the outcome on today`s TT in Murcia is.. :)