Lightweight Mr Pink Builds?

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
peezy

by peezy

Thinking of unloading my Systemsix for a Mr Pink and while I'm not 100% worried about weight, I do like to do fast group rides and enjoy the race geometry that my Systemsix has. I really love the feel of steel. Anyone have any builds they could share? I like the Mr. Pink because of the pricepoint, "race" geometry, 28c's, that kind of thing. I've seen Soma as well, but worried it's more of an endurance frame. Any help and pictures would be appreciated!

KarlC

by KarlC

Are you asking about the All City Mr Pink ?

If so why not get a newer used Colnago Master X Light ?

It has all you are looking for, would likely be at the same price point as a new All City Mr Pink and would hold its value.

peezy

by peezy

The All City Mr Pink looks to be around $800 online, is that what those frames are going for used? I see them on eBay and they are all loot!

KarlC

by KarlC

I got my Colnago Master X Light as a complete bike on Craigslist for $1200. It needed a few changes but I would do to most any bike anyway, you can see it here ......

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=140479&p=1248322&hilit=master#p1248322

peezy

by peezy

Since this is the first topic that comes up when you type up lightweight mr pink, I figured I'd follow up. Ended up pulling the trigger and minus a wheelset, I'm extremely happy with this bike and consider it "done". This is right at 20 pounds, which I'm extremely happy with.
image1 (6).jpeg

morrisond

by morrisond

That is so light it floats to the ceiling!

peezy

by peezy

haha crap i tried to ninja edit, apparently im not fast enough! :)