Specialized S-works road crankset (2017) weight

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Jhomewood

by Jhomewood

if anybody wants some 2017 arms i have some in the for sale section.

J

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jever98

by jever98

Checking in on 2017 S-Works users: has anybody fitted one on a true PF30 frame (not a Specialized), ideally with a power meter?

On the old (2016 and before) version, you needed to dremel the lock ring down somewhat and use different spacers, otherwise it came into contact with the bearing cups.
----
No longer in the industry

elfuinha

by elfuinha

Yes they work with PFBB30ImageImage

Enviado do meu SM-G935F através de Tapatalk

jever98

by jever98

Thanks! Did you have any issues with the crank dragging on the PF30 cups? That used to be an issue with the old one
----

elfuinha

by elfuinha

BB is a XD15 ceramic... they took 2000km to start spinning more freely...

Enviado do meu SM-G935F através de Tapatalk

salesguy

by salesguy

I'm curious about this myself, any chance the 2017 crankset works with a BBright PF30 setup?

jever98

by jever98

Pretty definitely not - axle is too short.

@elfuinha: did you get a manual with the crankset? Wondering which side the preload adjuster goes on - I would assume on the non-drive side, and whether to fit any micro spacers on the drive side.
----

elfuinha

by elfuinha

jever98 wrote:Pretty definitely not - axle is too short.

@elfuinha: did you get a manual with the crankset? Wondering which side the preload adjuster goes on - I would assume on the non-drive side, and whether to fit any micro spacers on the drive side.

On the PFBB30 if i'm not mistaken just a 2,5mm spacer, the preload doesn't fit on the drive side there is no spacer.

when fitted the crank didn't spin...

I'm using XD-15 ceramic torqtite from ENDURO as the BB.

jever98

by jever98

Just to make sure I understand correctly:
- No preload adjuster, instead
- 2.5mm spacer on the non-drive side?
----

trikobe

by trikobe

For those who installed the new 2017 crankset with the carbon spider on an SL5 sworks, are you guys using the bearing dust covers along with the preload adjuster as directed on the instructions? I read somewhere earlier someoone was foregoing the preload adjuster and using a wave washer and 3mm spacer instead?

gregtay

by gregtay

Does anyone know the torque spec for the 2017 S-works crankarms? I now have two sets but I can't find the recommended torque spec for the new style crankarms. I know the old style was 33n/m with the specail tool... no I can't find any manuals on the new arms anywhere And the manual Specialized put in the box with the new arms is actually the pre-2017 manual). The arms spin freely around 15-20n/m but if I get up to 30n/m they seems to be more drag. Installs are in a sworks shiv and sworks venge both with the pressfit specd bearings. Thx much.

eric01

by eric01

Reviving an old thread. Does anyone have a pdf or a scan of the instructions for the 2017 model? Bought one used and want to check on the conical ring and spacer setup. Searched all over internet and I can only find instructions for the previous gen model. Have also read that some folks have ditched the conical ring and went with a wavy washer?
Specialized Tarmac Sworks SL6, Moots Compact, Carl Strong Titanium

jever98

by jever98

I don't have the manual anymore, but if memory serves the conical ring went on the NDS and you use it to set the preload. I use a wavy washer instead, it gives a bit more space and allows use with a power meter on a PF30 frame
----

Visqu

by Visqu

I got a bb30 bearing shield and the Cane Creek preloader instead of the ill-conceived conical contraption.

eric01

by eric01

The instructions for the cane creek preloader call for supergluing the ring to the spindle? Did you do that? It does look like a more elegant solution, except for the superglue
Specialized Tarmac Sworks SL6, Moots Compact, Carl Strong Titanium

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com