Caad vs Sprint X2

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Hapsmo911

by Hapsmo911

I just bought a new Caad 12 and I have nothing but good things to say about it. I went to the LBS today and saw the new Sprint X2 lineup. Man, Looks tempting. For a straight crit bike it looks hard to beat. This coming from a total cannondale shill. Aero road frame with a bottom bracket they claim is as stiff as the Venge. The entry level bike is 1700. They didnt have the info on the frameset yet. I would assume its in the 1000 range though. I may buy one out of curiosity. May give the Caad a run for its money this year.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Im hangging for an excuse to turn my SL4 into a Sprint X2 as it usually only travels 120km tops in a "long ride" to go out to racing and back. Other than that it lives on the kickr
Using Tapatalk

Hapsmo911

by Hapsmo911

I think they may have a homerun with this bike for crits. Seems like Cannondale is taking the Caad in a different direction and Specialized is focusing on that sector of the market with the X2. I am stoked they added low tier builds. Last years model was $4k and sold out very quick. I guess they were testing the market? Anyway. I really like the concept and design of this bike. Hits all my marks in what I am looking for. May go down and order one today :) we'll see..

jonloh

by jonloh

Hapsmo911 - are you referring to the Specialized Edition Sprint X2 (green fork and polished frame)? That bike looks sick.
Are you in the US? Heard that bike is sold out everywhere; surprised you managed to see one.
I have a Caad10 and love it, but as you said, for a crit bike the X2 should be better than the Caad.

Hapsmo911

by Hapsmo911

jonloh wrote:Hapsmo911 - are you referring to the Specialized Edition Sprint X2 (green fork and polished frame)? That bike looks sick.
Are you in the US? Heard that bike is sold out everywhere; surprised you managed to see one.
I have a Caad10 and love it, but as you said, for a crit bike the X2 should be better than the Caad.

I am in the US. And yes the X2 sprint. The dealers have the pictures on their order/inventory screens. They show the 2017's available to order. I was told I could have one in seven days. They have three versions based on spec. The lower tier was black with red lettering. I think the top was bright yellow/greenish? I dont recall as I was interested in the lower end since I have a groupset to put on it. They did say there would be a frameset but they didnt have prices yet.

pyrahna

by pyrahna

Take it for what it is worth....but I have a Sprint X1 and love it. Fantastic bike. I haven't tried the CAAD12 but the few people I know that have it aren't exactly jumping up and down happy with it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com