Campagnolo Power Meters - Stages or Power2Max

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

r4nd0mv4r14bl3

by r4nd0mv4r14bl3

The bearings are included, but the driveside needs to be installed.

I was curious whether Ultra torque specific tool is a must for the installation. Seems so.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

c60rider

by c60rider

Fairly straightforward to install and P2M should have sent instructions with links. Basically install the crank through the spider, tighten up the lockring but you must use loctite or else it will come undone. Then smack on the bearing and slide the lockring down as the instructions shown on TonyM's link. Then just install as normal but using the supplied C clip as it's slightly smaller than the standard Campagnolo one. The hole in the drive side crank is to slip a tool through to locate the C clip into the hole bottom bracket cups as you can't access them the usual way.

c60rider

by c60rider

https://www.power2max.com/wp-content/up ... torque.pdf Tightening torque for the crank onto the spider on this link. Use the P2M tool (assuming you bought it) and you'll need a 32mm deep socket to slip over the crank axle and torque it up. I bought this one from Halfords as I'm in the UK https://www.halfords.com/workshop-tools ... -1-2-drive
Campagnolo chainring bolt torque is maximum 8nm

mattyNor

by mattyNor

cmcdonnell wrote:Yes my LR balance not bad (about 1-2% stronger on the Right leg consistently apart from all out efforts when it's negligible bizarrely. Tried to correct it but couldn't even with single reg drills and weight training, no matter what I do my right leg is slightly more powerful and nearly 30mm bigger in diameter. My Doctor was surprised it stayed bigger even when I spent 2 months on crutches after surgery on my right hip!!
Ridden SRM Campy PM's and loved them but currently in the UK they are a little too costly at £2170. The choice was between the P2M at £1465 in the UK (so much cheaper in the US but they wont ship) or waiting for Stages at £899. Both quote 2% accuracy compared to 1% from SRM. If i was in the US i'd happily buy the P2M but it just does not seem such good value in the UK
Just a random thought, have you ever looked into a leg length discrepancy?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

r4nd0mv4r14bl3

by r4nd0mv4r14bl3

Tony and C60rider, thanks for your comments about p2m assembly and for the links.