Edco wheelset - what are your thoughts?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Tomstr

by Tomstr

Very nice wheels and bike! They fit well together :thumbup:

Do you have a first update on the reliability?
Ride it like you stole it

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stormur

by stormur

Reliability after few rides ? :roll:
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

Clogger

by Clogger

I have a set of Edco's, mine are the last years model as I got them heavily discounted. So opted for these over Edco's newest version.

To be honest I couldn't be happier, I run the ProSport Albis. Weight is comparable to other rims. As mentioned the 2015 versions were made by Reynolds and then drilled and built by Edco. The 2016 rims are fully manufactured by Edco. The graphics are now also embedded in the rim rather than stickers.

The great thing is the hubs, you count mount either Shimano/sram or Campy to them and the freehub is the quietest I have ever heard and I mean freakishly quiet. Build quality on mine was great, came with 2 wheel bags as well. The QR's are pretty beefy and may add a bit of weight.

Performance is great as far as I can tell, no probs braking (not tried in the wet though !!) and I think they look great.

The service from Edco was also excellent, I was chatting to one of their sales guys via FB and he always got back to me with in 10 mins, the bike shop some how lost the OEM brake pads and it was going to take a while to get me a set, so Edco sent me set free of charge to get me up and running. Really good bunch of guys.

I would defo stick with this brand from now on after being pretty disappointed with another manufacturers effort.

Tomstr

by Tomstr

Very nice! They look good too! :thumbup:

Please keep us updated on the braking etc
Ride it like you stole it