Q36.5 Gear

Kit Brand Talk. Everything under the sun, including sunnies!
steveadore

by steveadore

Any first hand (pun intended) experience with the winter gloves sizing? Is the official sizing guide accurate and reliable or does one need to size up? I was surprised to read that I would need size S gloves. Ok, my hands are not big (21 cm circumference, 8 cm middle finger), but I do need size M gloves in other brands (e.g. Gore, Mavic, Specialized)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JKolmo

by JKolmo

I would rate them fairly true to size. Only for Unique glove I have sized down a notch to get that nice tight fit (can’t do that for long finger gloves due to relatively long fingers for my hand size).

steveadore

by steveadore

JKolmo wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:59 pm
I would rate them fairly true to size. Only for Unique glove I have sized down a notch to get that nice tight fit (can’t do that for long finger gloves due to relatively long fingers for my hand size).
TTS as in true to their own sizing chart or comparable with other brands?

probertsqbe

by probertsqbe

I have Dottore Bib shorts which are one of my favourite. However they’re not particularly comfortable in the crouch are. I see the q36.5 now have the Dottore x and Unique bibs. Anyone with experience of riding these shorts for comfort in the crouch area and how do they compare to the Assos R9 in that area.

g32ecs

by g32ecs

Too lazy to click through the pages...

How does the L1 and R2 jerseys fit?

For reference: Im a Small in the Hybrid Que X and the Assos Evo 8 jersey (can I mentioned Assos here?)

There isnt much reviews out there unfortunately although my impression is the L1 is a bit of a tighter fit than the R2.

Beaumont

by Beaumont

topt wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:22 pm
Ok, he he; got the baselayer 3, Que jersey and termica jacket; I dont even know what to say not to sound like propaganda. Today I did about a 100km quite hard ride with only baselayer and Que jersey and this is so fu..ing good I am shocked, temperature averaged 3 degrees celsius and I am sure it would be no different down to 0. I dont think you even need the Termica until - temp. You just feel like a light spring breeze that is cooling you down. I just wish they made some aero jerseys so I switch completely.
Also, the baselayer is so stretchy I am sorry I didnt take the S/M and I am not exactly Quintana :D 182cm 86kg 104cm chest; If you want close fit I suggest you take the S/M. Everything else size L fits perfect
Actualy I was a wind tunnel testing some time ago, I think it was german magazine Roadbike that did windtunnel testing of different jerseys and surprisingly L1 Pinstripe X got much better results for the aero drag than many of "aero" jerseys of other brands, like Castelli Aero Race.. so not so bad at all :)
¨
I can´t link the image, but 45km/h consumption in watts was:
Bioracer Speedwear Concept - 272,4 W
Rapha aero 276,8
Q36,5 279,1
Assos Aero 286,6
Castelli 294,4
Tank - Genesis Croix de fer commuter/winter bike
ArTiGiana - Sturdy Titanium aero (incoming)
Bamboo fixie (have to build it :)

CyclingGiraffe

by CyclingGiraffe

Beaumont wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:44 pm

Actualy I was a wind tunnel testing some time ago, I think it was german magazine Roadbike that did windtunnel testing of different jerseys and surprisingly L1 Pinstripe X got much better results for the aero drag than many of "aero" jerseys of other brands, like Castelli Aero Race.. so not so bad at all :)
¨
Rapha aero 276,8
Q36,5 279,1
Assos Aero 286,6
Castelli 294,4
I just received a L1 Pinstripe X jersey, and the fabric has a fairly pronounced "crepey" texture to it -- quite different from the prior Pinstripe jersey. That, combined with a trim fit without much in the way of shoulder seams, etc., and the cut pockets, likely helps the aero qualities.

I've not had the chance to ride in it, yet, but in general, I would say that the new "X" version feels more substantial and durable than the prior version (which I have grown to really like). Q36.5 seems to run a little larger than most italian brands, so I got the new "X" jersey in a size "L," which seems almost identical to a Giordana FR-C Pro Jersey in size "XL" for reference (the front zippers are almost exactly the same length, as are the sleeves, though the Giordana jersey is slightly longer in the back, with a more pronounced "drop," front to back). The original Pinstripe (despite being a little loose) and the Giordana jerseys are two of my favorites. I like the Giordana for hot, sunny rides, whereas I tend to use the Q36.5 in more variable conditions. I initially dismissed Q36.5's "body temperature management" system as marketing puff, but have found that it does seem to do a better job on longer early-morning rides that might start with temps around 20 degrees C, but end with sunny temps around 31 degrees C. The Pinstripe jersey seems to keep my core warmer in the cold temperatures than the Giordana jersey, without overheating once it gets hot.

jeffy

by jeffy

have the old essential bibs. with the green piping. love the fabric, not so keen on the chamois (its fine with cream). prefer the assos s7 pads. bought some old stock champanisimo s7. ergokompressor fabric is very similar to the crepe-like q 36.5. kukpenthouse : )
it seems q 36.5 reselling second market market aint too great.

uraqt

by uraqt

@probertsqbe

I have noticed "crouch" issues too!!! ( that said I am fat so I think that is it) I think the R9 pads are better especially the EQUIPE pad it fits me perfect...

That said the I still belive the baselayes are magic made by wizzards : ) IMO there is nothing better...

C

synchronicity

by synchronicity

uraqt wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:18 am
That said the I still belive the baselayes are magic made by wizzards : ) IMO there is nothing better...
:lol: true true :lol:
I bought one just to see what all the fuss was/is about.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG599MOmLkQ
vertebrae | Precision braking and shifting.
vayakora | Eco mouse mats: silk, linen, cotton, ramie, bamboo, etc.

mendiz

by mendiz

I have not tried Q36.5 yet, the base layers of X-Bionic are incredible. It's a brand that is very little spoken in this forum and for me the best sport wear brand
You don´t stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding.

Aesch

by Aesch

Are the base layer not (almost) identical to megmeister?

g32ecs

by g32ecs

CyclingGiraffe wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:08 pm
Beaumont wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:44 pm

¨
Rapha aero 276,8
Q36,5 279,1
Assos Aero 286,6
Castelli 294,4
I just received a L1 Pinstripe X jersey, and the fabric has a fairly pronounced "crepey" texture to it -- quite different from the prior Pinstripe jersey. That, combined with a trim fit without much in the way of shoulder seams, etc., and the cut pockets, likely helps the aero qualities.

I've not had the chance to ride in it, yet, but in general, I would say that the new "X" version feels more substantial and durable than the prior version (which I have grown to really like). Q36.5 seems to run a little larger than most italian brands, so I got the new "X" jersey in a size "L," which seems almost identical to a Giordana FR-C Pro Jersey in size "XL" for reference (the front zippers are almost exactly the same length, as are the sleeves, though the Giordana jersey is slightly longer in the back, with a more pronounced "drop," front to back). The original Pinstripe (despite being a little loose) and the Giordana jerseys are two of my favorites. I like the Giordana for hot, sunny rides, whereas I tend to use the Q36.5 in more variable conditions. I initially dismissed Q36.5's "body temperature management" system as marketing puff, but have found that it does seem to do a better job on longer early-morning rides that might start with temps around 20 degrees C, but end with sunny temps around 31 degrees C. The Pinstripe jersey seems to keep my core warmer in the cold temperatures than the Giordana jersey, without overheating once it gets hot.
Im looking to add a Q36.5 jersey without breaking the bank as Ive already spent $450 CAD the past 3 wks on Q36.5 gear 🙃 Theyre replacing my Assos pieces.

Is the prior Pinstripe jersey still a good buy? Also concerned about the sizing. Im about 67kgs during the summer (or at least that's what I think I am 😂). Im thinking of size Small since I wear an older Assos Campionnissimo and an Evo 8 jersey in a Small as well.

blaugrana

by blaugrana

mendiz wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:28 am
I have not tried Q36.5 yet, the base layers of X-Bionic are incredible. It's a brand that is very little spoken in this forum and for me the best sport wear brand
I completely agree that X-Bionic make the best base layers: the design, choice of materials, and overall quality is just on another level from everything I've tried (including one Q36.5, which is also very good, maybe the best of the rest). The problem for me, however, is that their sleeves don't seem to fit people with long skinny arms, so I just use their short sleeve stuff. The short sleeves Energizer shirts are the perfect 3 season base layer for places that aren't too cold, and work perfect with jackets, LS winter jerseys, and especially under summer jerseys for days that start cool but end up with 20 degree temperatures.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Beaumont

by Beaumont

Aesch wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:30 am
Are the base layer not (almost) identical to megmeister?
No experience with Megmeister, but the pattern has not much in common imo..
Tank - Genesis Croix de fer commuter/winter bike
ArTiGiana - Sturdy Titanium aero (incoming)
Bamboo fixie (have to build it :)