Q36.5 Gear

Kit Brand Talk. Everything under the sun, including sunnies!
Beaumont

by Beaumont

blaugrana wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:16 pm
mendiz wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:28 am
I have not tried Q36.5 yet, the base layers of X-Bionic are incredible. It's a brand that is very little spoken in this forum and for me the best sport wear brand
I completely agree that X-Bionic make the best base layers: the design, choice of materials, and overall quality is just on another level from everything I've tried (including one Q36.5, which is also very good, maybe the best of the rest). The problem for me, however, is that their sleeves don't seem to fit people with long skinny arms, so I just use their short sleeve stuff. The short sleeves Energizer shirts are the perfect 3 season base layer for places that aren't too cold, and work perfect with jackets, LS winter jerseys, and especially under summer jerseys for days that start cool but end up with 20 degree temperatures.
Well, I am simply a "woven convert" from pure merino. I used to love Isadore jerseys, the feeling inside was just unbeatable..actualy until the moment I was really freezing with my pure merino Isadore base shirt under heavier Merino LS jersey, because I was constantly damp.
Than came my first X-bionic piece, Energy accumulator in that futuristic lemon green colour and it was like a nirvana revelation! It is supremely warm, but I did not feel damp when working hard, so the motto "turn your sweat into energy" seemed to work perfectly :)
Since, I looked a bit like a sponsored rider by X-bionic and here are my conclusion:
- Socks (long, compression from the running line) - I love them, I do wear almost exclusively them
- As soon as it get freezing - Energy accumulator base layer
- Jerseys - I am a total fan of The Trick line - but previous generation with superbly bright orange colour and reflective details. Lack of it deters me of the current model line.. - but the previous is simpy THE BEST. Cool when you need, protects greatly when the temperature starts to drop in the evening. Perfectly adopts to my body, do not smell.. actualy like merino, only better..
Bibs - I got The Trick (previous generation) and in spite of fact that I don´t like the pad (not perfect for my bottom), that the looks are weird and that they have the most uncomfortable straps on earth (boy the do cut into my traps!) I just see myself reaching for them over and over and leave Assos, Isadore and others lay there..why so? Because of that woven structure, this is so much better after a few dosens of minutes of sweating! They hug me without any restriction, do not feel sticky nor "greasy" like the lycra does.. and the best part? Lumbar ribs! This is an eye-opening experience for me - this is such a game changer to not have your pad completely damp on your sitting area because of the constant sweat stream down your back into the chamois! So even if the chamois is not that great for me, it becomes more comfy over time in comparison with others, because this lumbar ribs section just take care of the excessive sweat..
Please tell me - does the Q36.5 bibs with their lumbar section works the same way? If so I would be really tempted to try them out..

Other base layers - well, I got an Energizer short and long sleeves, but honestly? Let me put it this way - in my dressing room, when I put them on, I feel super hot, uncomfortably so. And when cycling out there in cold, I just feel rather cold
Q36.5 baselayers = exact opposite! I don´t feel much dressed inside, so I don´t overheat. So I would suggest to get cold quite quickly oustide, but not... magic happens and I feel just the best I ever felt in temperatures above zero...
Tank - Genesis Croix de fer commuter/winter bike
ArTiGiana - Sturdy Titanium aero (incoming)
Bamboo fixie (have to build it :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

g32ecs

by g32ecs

It was my first time using my Air Insulation jacket and again, this brand continues to blow my mind 🤯 So glad I got it on sale as well.

The jacket just felt premium soon as I put it on. Thanks for @Jkolmo's advise about sizing up. Q36.5 is really serious about putting you on the bike position with their cut.

Now if someone can answer my fit question about the (old) L1 pinstripe vs R2 jersey fit...I can make it 3 purchases in a row in less than 4 weeks 😬

jwaal

by jwaal

g32ecs wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:19 pm
Im looking to add a Q36.5 jersey without breaking the bank as Ive already spent $450 CAD the past 3 wks on Q36.5 gear 🙃 Theyre replacing my Assos pieces.

Is the prior Pinstripe jersey still a good buy? Also concerned about the sizing. Im about 67kgs during the summer (or at least that's what I think I am 😂). Im thinking of size Small since I wear an older Assos Campionnissimo and an Evo 8 jersey in a Small as well.
Suggestion. Sign up for PayPal's free return shipping. That way you can order the two sizes you're trying to decide between and return the one you don't want (I'm assuming you're ordering from Roadkit where PayPal is accepted). I just did that with a M and L L1 since I fall in between with a 99cm chest. I also preordered the Q36.5 Adventure shoes for road/gravel riding. I really like that mango orange colour. My current shoes are over 15 years old.

g32ecs

by g32ecs

jwaal wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:22 pm
g32ecs wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:19 pm
Im looking to add a Q36.5 jersey without breaking the bank as Ive already spent $450 CAD the past 3 wks on Q36.5 gear 🙃 Theyre replacing my Assos pieces.

Is the prior Pinstripe jersey still a good buy? Also concerned about the sizing. Im about 67kgs during the summer (or at least that's what I think I am 😂). Im thinking of size Small since I wear an older Assos Campionnissimo and an Evo 8 jersey in a Small as well.
Suggestion. Sign up for PayPal's free return shipping. That way you can order the two sizes you're trying to decide between and return the one you don't want (I'm assuming you're ordering from Roadkit where PayPal is accepted). I just did that with a M and L L1 since I fall in between with a 99cm chest. I also preordered the Q36.5 Adventure shoes for road/gravel riding. I really like that mango orange colour. My current shoes are over 15 years old.
Yes I got my Air Insulation from RoadKit. I think they offer free returns anyway (?)

What did size did you end up buying?

Another day with the AI yesterday. Looking to get at least 5yrs out of that jacket. Very happy here.

mendiz

by mendiz

@blaugrana, do you live in Barcelona?
@g32ecs You have used Energizer and accumulator, there is another warmer base layer: Radiactor
You don´t stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding.

jwaal

by jwaal

g32ecs wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:33 pm
Yes I got my Air Insulation from RoadKit. I think they offer free returns anyway (?)

What did size did you end up buying?

Another day with the AI yesterday. Looking to get at least 5yrs out of that jacket. Very happy here.
I just checked and Roadkit says, that unless they made a mistake, any return shipping fees are the buyer's responsibility. I haven't received the jerseys yet. I ordered yesterday and asked that they hold the shipment until they received the shoes but they missed that and the clothing has already shipped. I should be getting the package sometime late this week. I also ordered a few other items. I asked four different sellers their recommendation for L1 jersey size. One said medium, one said large, one said it depended on whether I wanted a race fit or club fit and the fourth (Q36.5) said either would work but given my other dimensions perhaps I should go with the medium. So I ordered both to help decide.
Last edited by jwaal on Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blaugrana

by blaugrana

mendiz wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:06 pm
@blaugrana, do you live in Barcelona?
No, but I'm not too far, and the climate is similar where I live.

GaBa

by GaBa

Has anyone tried their ultralong sock? How long is it compared to assos' mille gt sock? Those are on the short side for me so looking for sth else.

steveadore

by steveadore

Could anyone tell me how the gloves (esp. the Unique mitts) fit in terms of sizing? According to the official sizing chart, I'm size S, but all my other gloves (Specialized Grail, Gore and Mavic winter gloves) are size M. Shall I trust their sizing chart and size down to S compared to my usual size M in other brands or go with the latter (disregard the Q36.5 chart) and size up to M?

JKolmo

by JKolmo

S will likely give you a nice direct fit. Unique gloves are a tad on the roomy side, and they are the type of glove you want a direct and tight fit for. IMO of course!

JKolmo

by JKolmo

...also they are quite stretchy so will allow room to accomodate slightly larger hands.

steveadore

by steveadore

JKolmo wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:19 pm
...also they are quite stretchy so will allow room to accomodate slightly larger hands.
Thanks a lot! My hands are on the smaller side (for a man, at least), though my Specialized Grails fit quite snugly in size M (and according to the Specialized sizing chart, I should also be wearing size S based on palm circumference)

sychen

by sychen

Those unique gloves are great.. But fit weird.
Have to size down.. Or you feel like your hand is swimming in it.. But not like other gloves that are too big.. Still works and doesn't bunch up with pressure points.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

steveadore

by steveadore

sychen wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:30 pm
Those unique gloves are great.. But fit weird.
Have to size down.. Or you feel like your hand is swimming in it.. But not like other gloves that are too big.. Still works and doesn't bunch up with pressure points.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
So did you go one size down from your normal size then? Did you follow the Q36.5 size chart?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MarginalChains

by MarginalChains

I blindly ordered M in the Unique gloves, as that's what I take in Rapha which most of my other gloves are. Having to return for an S as Medium is definitely too big for me.