Q36.5 Gear

Kit Brand Talk. Everything under the sun, including sunnies!
g32ecs

by g32ecs

samuele22100 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:01 am
I want to ask the owners of the AIR INSULATION jacket a question.
from the photos I found on the web, the front of the bust is made of uf hybrid shell fabric combined with a wool insert.
the front of the sleeves, on the other hand, what material are they made of? from what I have seen they do not have a wool insert and therefore I was wondering if they had a windproof fabric composition?
what material is on the back of the jacket?
I am undecided whether to buy the THERMAL JACKET risking it being too hot or the air insulation
thanks to those who can answer me
The sleeves and back have a stretchy outside material and not windproof fabric. It is lightly fleeced for insulation.

I assume they made it this way to dump heat better. If the jacket is made out of Windproof fabric all over this will be really hot
Attachments
20210930_092344.jpg

samuele22100

by samuele22100

g32ecs wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:25 pm
samuele22100 wrote:
from the photos I found on the web, the front of the bust is made of uf hybrid shell fabric combined with a wool insert.
the front of the sleeves, on the other hand, what material are they made of? from what I have seen they do not have a wool insert and therefore I was wondering if they had a windproof fabric composition?
I am undecided whether to buy the THERMAL JACKET risking it being too hot or the air insulation
The sleeves and back have a stretchy outside material and not windproof fabric. It is lightly fleeced for insulation.

I assume they made it this way to dump heat better. If the jacket is made out of Windproof fabric all over this will be really hot
hi thank you, I thought that the air insulation had the same construction as the jacket of the body termic-skinsuit
Attachments
58DB98B2-766D-4635-8460-0436401F8D97.jpeg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

samuele22100

by samuele22100

Kayrehn wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:18 am
steveadore wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:31 pm
If you disregard the price, fabric, and constructions differences, which one would you choose between the Gregarius Ultra and the Dottore (X) purely based on comfort and long-term durability (both for road and MTB)? I have the Ultras and quite like them and I wonder if I should buy a second pair or upgrade to the Dottore. I don't race and the compression on the Ultras is plenty enough for me. The Dottore is tempting, but the older L1 version lacks the Dyneema C Cup interface of the Ultra, and the X version, is about 40% more expensive (but it has the Dyneema panel). I'm not sure I would like the straps of the Dottore though (I'm quite happy with those on the Ultra, where the front is similar to Assos S7). And some have mentioned that the chamois pad on the Dottore is thinner than the Ultra. Lastly, someone also complained about the Dottore fabric pilling after a few hundred kms (I can't remember if it was the X version with Dyneema or the L1 without). Any comparisons would be really appreciated. Thanks.
I recently emailed them and asked about their chamois differences, and this is the reply I got, with a nice pic for comparison, you may find it useful.

"All our bib shorts have similar chamois regarding the thickness and only differ in a few millimeters. Our newest chamois and regarding thickness, also the thickest is included in the Gregarius Ultra and the Gregarius Cargo. It is called anatomic, is super molded and adapts to the body and also has a better breathability (then the one we are using for the Dottore) due to some perforation. The UNIQUE bibs do have a different chamois as well, this is the most breathable, because it has a different fabric in the front, which guarantees the most breathability. Also the Dottore and the Dottore X differ in the chamois. The Dottore X and Dottore have almost the same chamois, but the chamois from the Dottore X is sued and from the Dottore not. Also the not sued one is used for all the tights.

On the left upper corner you can see the chamois we use for the Dottore classic and all the tights. The right upper corner is the chamois from the Dottore X. The left corner below is the UNIQUE chamois and the right corner below is the newest anatomic, which is used in the Gregarius cargo and Gregarius Ultra and which I would recommend for your special needs." CC330F3A-BF4A-4F29-97D7-0869FB7F8AA5_1_201_a.jpeg
ADBDFFF8-4D37-4F01-935E-ED960276AEF9.jpeg
Bike24.com has a sale on some of the shorts now btw.
This week I bought the wolf 2.0 bib shorts.
I haven't used it yet, but I have noticed that the chamois of the gregarius ultra are much taller in thickness and with more padding than the chamois used in the wolf 2.0.
Furthermore, in Gregarius the pad of the ischiatric area matches perfectly with the pad of the perineal area while in the wolf there is a more marked separation between the two pads. The central channel that separates the right from the left side of the chamois is also deeper in the gregarius.
Q36.5 told me that the chamois of the gregarius / wolf 2.0 / dottore are identical and it is the super molded model; but it doesn't seem to me.
The chamois of wolf 2.0 seems to me identical to the one at the top left of your photo.

pkaro

by pkaro

spartan wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:52 pm
picked up a pair of Salopette Gregarius Ultra. great quality product by why WHY do they still adhere mid length design circa 2010. a longer option should be offered for every model.
I totally agree, beyond the premium price that's the thing which is stopping me from ordering a pair of their bib shorts. I have very long thighs and their length of 27.5 (L) is just too short, I would prefer approx 31 cm.

petromyzon

by petromyzon

I agree and it goes for the upper body as well; very much the same fit block as Assos and therefore not great for tall people.

It's a shame because they are the two most innovative companies in the game - they have at least one person in common.

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

I find it a tad longer than assos - it fits fine for me whereas when I wore my Assos it definitely got me self conscious. I love my new Gregarius bibs (bought at a slight discount off bike24.com) and it's better than the Assos for sure. Not sure how I never hear anyone else having this complaint but when I wore my T Cento S7 bibs the part where the 'movable' chamois is attached to the shorts gave me abrasions, and though the padding is thick it isn't really firm and supportive. I'll definitely keep coming back to Q36.5 for more bibs, wearing them makes me feel excited about riding heh.

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

steveadore

by steveadore

samuele22100 wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:40 pm
Kayrehn wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:18 am
steveadore wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:31 pm
If you disregard the price, fabric, and constructions differences, which one would you choose between the Gregarius Ultra and the Dottore (X) purely based on comfort and long-term durability (both for road and MTB)? I have the Ultras and quite like them and I wonder if I should buy a second pair or upgrade to the Dottore. I don't race and the compression on the Ultras is plenty enough for me. The Dottore is tempting, but the older L1 version lacks the Dyneema C Cup interface of the Ultra, and the X version, is about 40% more expensive (but it has the Dyneema panel). I'm not sure I would like the straps of the Dottore though (I'm quite happy with those on the Ultra, where the front is similar to Assos S7). And some have mentioned that the chamois pad on the Dottore is thinner than the Ultra. Lastly, someone also complained about the Dottore fabric pilling after a few hundred kms (I can't remember if it was the X version with Dyneema or the L1 without). Any comparisons would be really appreciated. Thanks.
I recently emailed them and asked about their chamois differences, and this is the reply I got, with a nice pic for comparison, you may find it useful.

"All our bib shorts have similar chamois regarding the thickness and only differ in a few millimeters. Our newest chamois and regarding thickness, also the thickest is included in the Gregarius Ultra and the Gregarius Cargo. It is called anatomic, is super molded and adapts to the body and also has a better breathability (then the one we are using for the Dottore) due to some perforation. The UNIQUE bibs do have a different chamois as well, this is the most breathable, because it has a different fabric in the front, which guarantees the most breathability. Also the Dottore and the Dottore X differ in the chamois. The Dottore X and Dottore have almost the same chamois, but the chamois from the Dottore X is sued and from the Dottore not. Also the not sued one is used for all the tights.

On the left upper corner you can see the chamois we use for the Dottore classic and all the tights. The right upper corner is the chamois from the Dottore X. The left corner below is the UNIQUE chamois and the right corner below is the newest anatomic, which is used in the Gregarius cargo and Gregarius Ultra and which I would recommend for your special needs." CC330F3A-BF4A-4F29-97D7-0869FB7F8AA5_1_201_a.jpeg

ADBDFFF8-4D37-4F01-935E-ED960276AEF9.jpeg

Bike24.com has a sale on some of the shorts now btw.
This week I bought the wolf 2.0 bib shorts.
I haven't used it yet, but I have noticed that the chamois of the gregarius ultra are much taller in thickness and with more padding than the chamois used in the wolf 2.0.
Furthermore, in Gregarius the pad of the ischiatric area matches perfectly with the pad of the perineal area while in the wolf there is a more marked separation between the two pads. The central channel that separates the right from the left side of the chamois is also deeper in the gregarius.
Q36.5 told me that the chamois of the gregarius / wolf 2.0 / dottore are identical and it is the super molded model; but it doesn't seem to me.
The chamois of wolf 2.0 seems to me identical to the one at the top left of your photo.
Top left corner is basically also the older (pre-2021 "revised") Gregarius Ultra. I have those and I also have a pair of the new, "revised" version (which has the chamois in the bottom right corner). There seems to be some difference, but nothing really major as far as I can see externally. However, I haven't worn the new 2021 version yet (just bought them recently and it's been too cold for shorts since then).

Btw, the 2021 version has slightly longer legs (around 1.5-2 cm longer). And it has silver colored bib straps (the stock site photos are still the older version, so I was somwehat surprised when I received mine in the mail) :)

samuele22100

by samuele22100

today I got to try the new wolf 2.0.
Excellent thermal insulation and compression. No discomfort while pedaling. Chamois perfectly positioned (everything fits perfectly with the saddle).
The only drawback is that the legs are slightly shorter than the gregarius. In my opinion, a thermal shorts must be made longer at least almost to the knee

steveadore

by steveadore

Could anyone help me with choosing the right size Termico gloves? Earlier this summer I was quite surprised to learn that I need to size down to Small (from my normal Medium in most other brands) with the Unique gloves. In sizing down, I followed the Q36.5 size chart, as well as great advice from some of you guys here, and the S Unique did indeed fit correctly (M would have been too large and loose). But I wonder if the same is true about the Termico winter gloves, which probably use a much less stretchy material than the Unique and don't have the special EIT palm either (which, I guess, influenced the need to size down).
I'm still just within the size limit for S according to the Q36.5 chart (in terms of palm circumference and middle finger length), but all my other gloves (Gore, Mavic, and Specialized are size M).

g32ecs

by g32ecs

samuele22100 wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:32 pm
g32ecs wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:25 pm
samuele22100 wrote:

hi thank you, I thought that the air insulation had the same construction as the jacket of the body termic-skinsuit

The front body panels are. If this were the same construction as the Termica then it might as well be a winter jacket

This was made for the shoulder seasons like now (at least in the East here in Canada)

samuele22100

by samuele22100

I would be interested in the termica x jacket.
does someone who owns it manage to describe me how it is made and how the sizes fit?

gerryc89

by gerryc89

Had anyone experience with the Q36.5 Bat Shell jersey? I think it is a sort of Gabba... but looks quite different

Bimmer

by Bimmer

For those concerned about fit, length of this and that and so on:
Q36.5 can make almost any of their clothes in custom sizing for an additional 25% in price.
I´m well above the size chart in length and had some jerseys and bibs made to my specific measures and wishes.
Pretty odd sensation to step into something that just simply fits....

Sure enough, you have to pay for it but if you´re into Q36.5 in the first place you´re also
in the high end and I think it´s definitely worth some extra euros to make sure you get precisely what you want...

AgMar

by AgMar

Anyone wears Rapha bibs in small and Assos bibs in medium like I do? Wondering what the Q36.5 sizing is like in comparison. Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jgman

by jgman

AgMar wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:08 am
Anyone wears Rapha bibs in small and Assos bibs in medium like I do? Wondering what the Q36.5 sizing is like in comparison. Thanks
I wear Assos and Q36.5 bibs small, Castelli Medium