Q36.5 Gear

Kit Brand Talk. Everything under the sun, including sunnies!
Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

Sadly can't find anymore Assos S5 Mille or F.13 bibs anymore. Time to move on, I suppose.

Placed an order for one of Q36.5's L1 DOTTORE BIBS... fingers crossed.

(And a pair of Search & State S2-R bibs just in case.)

Reviews to follow.

uraqt

by uraqt

@jeffy

Yep, below 15c it's still very good..I love it cold so I am not a 100% fair judge. I have used wool baselayers for years and it's much better. I don't think it's going to be as good when it get warm but i'll keep warning it till it too hot...

C

PS I think with a winter jersey it's all you would need to freezing..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jeffy

by jeffy

anyone have the sleeveless super-hot one? How does it compare?

I have the Rapha mesh, but have never tried it in summer, i find the "merino great in summer" blurb unbelievable

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

Johnny Rad wrote:Sadly can't find anymore Assos S5 Mille or F.13 bibs anymore. Time to move on, I suppose.

Reviews to follow.

Both turned out to be good enough to keep though I haven't ridden in either yet.

Search & State S2-R bibs: approx 1" longer inseam than std leg Assos S5 and seem to fit well enough; chamois feels thinner than Assos S5

Q36.5 L1 DOTTORE bibs: approx 1-2" longer inseam than std leg Assos S5; constructed from an odd, crinkly material but seems to fit well; chamois feels thinner than Assos S5

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

Johnny Rad wrote:Sadly can't find anymore Assos S5 Mille or F.13 bibs anymore. Time to move on, I suppose.

Assos S5 Mille are on sale at Excel Sports! Woot Woot

Not sure, but I think they've pictured the F.13 but are calling it the Mille. Either way, I'm a happy boy today.

https://www.excelsports.com/main.asp?pa ... 4&minor=16

track01

by track01

Thanks for posting this thread. Have not been aware of Q36.5 before.
I am also Assos fanboy and was looking for some new stuff.
Team Gelato jersey is epic!

bpe

by bpe

How would you describe the length of the bibshorts (long, medium, or short)?

bpe

by bpe

How would you describe the length of the bibshorts (long, medium, or short)?

Slimtim

by Slimtim

I'd like to consider myself something of a Q36.5 pioneer here in the UK and have now pretty much replaced my entire wardrobe with the kit - the only shortcoming (literally) being that I am a lanky Brit and my arms are too long for the Q36.5 long sleeve jackets and jerseys - I use Castelli in the winter which, despite also being Italian, offers cover to long arms.

Q36.5 items I really like are:
- L1 Salopette (I also have some pairs of the Gregorius which are also good)
- the wool/silk socks
- the leg warmers
- the Hawaii and Flowerpower jerseys
- the snow camo gilet

I also like the way you can coordinate the sock game.......

As you can probably tell, I have bought what will literally be a lifetime's supply! But it is cool, funky and still unusual - much as I wish them success, there is something about riding in kit that stands out from the crowd.

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

Reviews to follow.

Got my order today and am happy. The bibs didn't ship with the Assos chamois cream, but the seller's description never said they would. My experience - albeit somewhat limited - is that Assos includes a little jar with every pair of bibs. Kind of a bummer, but whatever.

Anyhow, I got exactly what's pictured on their website. The back has a blue-green mesh (same color as the chamois) between the shoulder straps in the back and both leg openings are B&W. My Assos S5 bibs have a black mesh in place of the colored mesh and only one leg is B&W (other is all black). Both feature "Mille S-5 Campionissimo" on the one shoulder strap up front. What Assos bibs do I have and what did I get?!

gwilliams

by gwilliams

Both myself and partner have used a lot of Q36.5 equipment over the last 9 months or so:-

Termica Jacket, Hybrid Que, L1 Vest, Insulation Jacket, Hybrid Lady Jacket, (just obtained Protection Jkt)

Termica Salopette Long, L1 Salopette Long, Salopette Wolf Hybrid , Salopette L1, Dottore

Ladies winter tights

Various gloves, warmers, Overshoes, baselayers

Q36.5 is really worth checking out. The fabrics and designs can feel or seem different, but it is superb clothing.

Some images and info on Instagram feed:

grant.williams1973 and emma.tang1976

Rush

by Rush

Slimtim wrote:The only disappointment is that the winter jerseys, jackets and arm warmers are all too short in the arm for me - for reference I am 6ft 1, 38 inch chest, and 71.5kg. Luckily, Castelli make winter kit with long sleeves so that's now my brand of choice when the mercury drops - very good stuff, especially if used with their merino long sleeve base layers.

What size did you take for the Q36.5 long-sleeve kit?

I'm 6'3"(190 cm), 88kg with a 40" chest (under armpits). Arm measurement (from base of throat, along collar bone and to my wrist) is about 31".

Not sure if I should go for the L or XL.

Slimtim

by Slimtim

I went for the medium.

Large probably better in terms of length, but would be too baggy for me.

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

Johnny Rad wrote:

Reviews to follow.

Both turned out to be good enough to keep though I haven't ridden in either yet.

Search & State S2-R bibs: approx 1" longer inseam than std leg Assos S5 and seem to fit well enough; chamois feels thinner than Assos S5

Q36.5 L1 DOTTORE bibs: approx 1-2" longer inseam than std leg Assos S5; constructed from an odd, crinkly material but seems to fit well; chamois feels thinner than Assos S5

Ride report update: First the best. Then the rest.

* The Q36.5 L1 DOTTORE bibs are fantastic. The thin, spacey material works great. NASA anyone?! The fit is great. Chamois is a solid 8 out of 10 (for comparison, Assos' S5-generation of chamois is still my 10). I'm definitely getting another pair of Q36.5 bibs.

* The Search & State (SAS) S2-R bibs aren't for me. The wide leg elastic is too tight on my quads, but the rest of the bib is too loose. And the bib is constructed of an thicker than usual knit-like material that's clearly unlike the uniquely thin Q36.5 stuff or even Assos S5-gen materials. I like their jerseys, but struggle on sizing with them too.

Slimtim wrote:I'd like to consider myself something of a Q36.5 pioneer here in the UK and have now pretty much replaced my entire wardrobe with the kit...
Right on, Slimtim!

Lafolie

by Lafolie

Q36.5 is the only kit I buy these days

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com