Q36.5 Gear

Kit Brand Talk. Everything under the sun, including sunnies!
g32ecs

by g32ecs

jwaal wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 5:18 pm
I received the Q36.5 Adventure shoes on Tuesday. It's the most $$$ I've spent on shoes and they are super comfortable. Unfortunately they are going back. The right shoe is noticeably larger than the left shoe. I ordered size 44 in the Mango Orange and the left foot is nice and snug when I've wearing a Smartwool ultra light sock. On the other hand, I can slide my index finger behind my right heel when wearing the same sock. My right foot is about 2mm smaller than my left and I'm used to having the right foot a touch looser. This, however, is a big difference. I've sent Roadkit pictures illustrating the difference and they've contacted the head office regarding the issue. So hopefully I'll hear back soon
Thats unfortunate.

If youre looking for a custom shoe maker and since youre already at that price point, might I recommend Luck Shoes out of Spain. I bought a pair of custom road shoes and I love them. If you need more info PM me.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rush

by Rush

I finally wore holes through my Assos T7 equipe bibshorts so I replaced them with the navy Dottore bib shorts.

These have the new strap design from the Dottore X, which I'm not that much of a fan of. While they are super lightweight, they take a while to 'set up' over your shoulders, whereas the Assos straps just snapped into place.

Off the bike, the pad and crotch area doesn't feel too great. On the bike, they fit fantastically well. The straps work well while riding and never give me any dramas. The compression of the woven fabric feels great, all conventional leg grippers now feel stupid.

So overall, while they are more finicky to put on, they are a definite improvement while in the saddle. I'm never buying a knitted pair of bibshorts ever again.

I also bought the L1 Coral X jersey and UV ultra-light arm covers. These have been a revelation. We're heading into winter in Australia, but the windproof nature of these 'summer' items have been incredible. On Saturday I was descending in the foggy hills in the outskirts of Melbourne in 9 degrees celcius and I wasn't cold. I only had the Baselayer 1 underneath. At this point in the year I've normally switched over to they Hybrid Que, but the L1 jersey and arm covers are so versatile.

I'm guessing the windproof nature of these summer jerserys (due to their tight weave) will mean they are less capable in hot weather? How do the summer L1 X jerseys cope with really hot weather without a baselayer? (30 degrees plus?)

Do people here still ride the L1 X in really hot weather? Or do they switch to the Seta? Or a conventional summer jersey from another brand?

jwaal

by jwaal

g32ecs wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 12:40 am
Thats unfortunate.

If youre looking for a custom shoe maker and since youre already at that price point, might I recommend Luck Shoes out of Spain. I bought a pair of custom road shoes and I love them. If you need more info PM me.
Thanks for the info. With taxes, duty, and brokerage fee (Canada) they would likely be over $700 CDN. But they're in the back of my mind.

Beaumont

by Beaumont

Rush wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 1:37 pm
The compression of the woven fabric feels great, all conventional leg grippers now feel stupid.
So overall, while they are more finicky to put on, they are a definite improvement while in the saddle. I'm never buying a knitted pair of bibshorts ever again.
I am on the same page here...woven is the only way for me...underwear (with honorable exception of Rab Cocona very thin merino), jerseys, bibs...

The only thing that frightens me now is that Uniques looks so advanced that buying other cheaper version to try Q36.5 seems like compromise..but 300 euros is honestly a big one to swallow and justify to myself..................... :noidea:
Tank - Genesis Croix de fer commuter/winter bike
ArTiGiana - Sturdy Titanium aero (incoming)
Bamboo fixie (have to build it :)

jwaal

by jwaal

g32ecs wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:33 pm
Yes I got my Air Insulation from RoadKit. I think they offer free returns anyway (?)

What did size did you end up buying?

Another day with the AI yesterday. Looking to get at least 5yrs out of that jacket. Very happy here.
If you haven't purchased the L1 that's on sale yet, now is a good time. Roadkit added an extra 15% off coupon on the L1 page this week. 2 weeks after I've purchased it of course. Coupon is valid until the end of the month.

CyclingGiraffe

by CyclingGiraffe

Rush wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 1:37 pm

I'm guessing the windproof nature of these summer jerserys (due to their tight weave) will mean they are less capable in hot weather? How do the summer L1 X jerseys cope with really hot weather without a baselayer? (30 degrees plus?)

Do people here still ride the L1 X in really hot weather? Or do they switch to the Seta? Or a conventional summer jersey from another brand?
I've worn the L1 both the original and the newer "X" version in temps over 30 degrees C. They both work well in hot weather temperature-wise. However, I like to wear these jerseys on rides where I know that the temperatures may vary a bit, like starting early in the morning, it might be 20 degrees C in the valley I live in, but getting closer to noon along the coast it can get closer to 35 degrees C. I find that the Q36.5 jersey does, in fact, seem to keep my body temperature more consistent in these varying temps, even without a baselayer. On the hottest days, I still go for something like my Castelli Superleggera 2 jersey, which is really excellent in very hot weather, but can be chilly in the shade if the temps drop.

One thing I will note about both my Q36.5 jerseys is that, despite their apparently dense weave and claimed SPF of 50, they do not seem to provide as much sun protection as my other jerseys. And I'm not just talking about thicker jerseys like the Assos Mille GT, but jerseys like the aforementioned Castelli Superleggera 2 and my Giordana FR-C jerseys, which are practically sheer. Nothing scientific, but it definitely seems like I have greater "bib-tanlines" after riding in the Q36.5 jerseys than any others I own.

jwaal

by jwaal

misteryellow wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:43 pm
How are you liking the Gregarius Ultra? I'm interested in it as well.
I wore them for a 3-hour + ride and the jury was still out by the end of the ride. First I found them uncomfortable by the crotch on the inside of the leg. After a couple of hours I stopped noticing them in that spot. By the end of the ride both hips had developped tender spots. I hadn't encountered this before with shorts. After washing them I wore them again yesterday for a 3½-hour ride and really liked them. None of what bothered me on the first ride occurred. So I guess they needed to be ridden and washed once.

JKolmo

by JKolmo

Always wash them prior to first ride as per the instructions.

jeffy

by jeffy

probertsqbe wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:21 pm
jeffy wrote:TL;DR just buy Assos

disclaimer : i bought Q 36.5 bibs. they're good .... but higher end Assos is better
Which model of bibs did you buy from each manufacturer?
Salopette L1 Essential. i have tiburu and the new rs9 spring fall, and yet to be worn s7 campanismo NOS

Rush

by Rush

Snaffled the first generation Termica jacket in orange from a local bike shop at a run-out price.

They only had XL. I'm an L in the Hybrid Que but the Termica still fits pretty well, probably because the fabric is not as stretchy.

Very impressed with the collar construction.

Now patiently waiting for some colder weather to try it out!

topt

by topt

Dottore bibs all sizes on sale for 144EUR if somebody is interested
https://www.futurumshop.nl/q36-5-dottor ... eren.phtml

jverdeyen

by jverdeyen

topt wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 4:02 am
Any idea how the length of the bib compares to Assos or MAAP?

jwaal

by jwaal

topt wrote:
Unfortunately they only ship to the Netherlands and Belgium.

topt

by topt

jwaal wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 6:16 pm
topt wrote:
Just ask them; they will send it; I got them to Slovenia
Last edited by topt on Thu May 27, 2021 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

topt

by topt

jwaal wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 6:16 pm
topt wrote:
Very close to Assos, I am L in both