Q36.5 Gear

Kit Brand Talk. Everything under the sun, including sunnies!
steveadore

by steveadore

Thanks for the info!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Pabloldv

by Pabloldv

Does anyone know the temperature range of the Termica X jacket? not the new Interval one. I currently have two light jackets (gobik envy and rapha pro team shadow jersey) and I’m looking for a more insulating jacket for 0-8 degrees celsius.

harblhat

by harblhat

Some notes for others, as I couldn't find a clear answer in past posts. The old Pinstripe jersey fits slightly looser than the new Pinstripe X, but not enough to change sizes. The Pinstripe X fabric is "stiffer", as mentioned, which contributes to the tighter fit. Length is similar between the two. The fabric in both versions still stretches very well and fit is excellent. Long and short sleeve versions fit the same, and the long sleeves are on the tighter/narrower side.

The R2 Y jerseys fit tighter than both Pinstripe versions, and I had to size up.

DeLuz

by DeLuz

Having some problems exchanging some Q36.5 bibshorts.
I was under the impression that I would have to pay shipping from US to Italy, but after fillling out the RMA form Q36.5 sent me a DHL label.
DHL has tried three times to deliver it to Q36.5 but each time they were closed.
Q36.5 does not respond to most of my emails and when they do it is several days later.
I ordered size XS beacuse that is what I wear in La Passione and Q36.5 said it would fit me but it way too tight in the crotch and shoulder straps.
I really want to try these bibshorts but they don't make it easy.
I also recently ordered some more La Passione and they arrived in few days and fit perfect.

Finally heard back from Q36.5 today and they said they received the return and I asked to ahve them ship the size S

steveadore

by steveadore

Reviving this thread from its slumber:
Question to those who have tried both the Dottore X and the Unique--Do they fit the same in terms of sizing? What I'm mainly interested in is whether the Unique fits tighter in any way or not? I'm usually in between S and M, but the Dottore X and the Termica/L1 winter tights were bunching in size M, so I had to size down to S (which fits perfect). With the Gregarius Ultra, I had M in the old (pre-2020 version), then with the current version I can wear both S (just a bit too snug, though ok) and M.
So I wonder if the Unique has relatively stretchy fabric all over and would fit me in S (for reference, I'm 179cm, 74 kg, waist 85 cm)

Britishedgehog

by Britishedgehog

I've been wearing the Gergarius Grid Skin Winter Bib Tights through the wintertime, and they have been fantastic (comfortable across a huge temperature range, excellent chamois, etc.). I can't fault them :thumbup:

:?: Do the Gregarius Bib Knickers have the same chamois and a similar fit?

ltwtsculler91

by ltwtsculler91

Britishedgehog wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:40 pm
I've been wearing the Gergarius Grid Skin Winter Bib Tights through the wintertime, and they have been fantastic (comfortable across a huge temperature range, excellent chamois, etc.). I can't fault them :thumbup:

:?: Do the Gregarius Bib Knickers have the same chamois and a similar fit?
They do! I have the non grid skin winter tights and 2 pairs of the knickers. Just be warned the knickers are quite light, they're basically the gregarious bibs with longer legs, not thermal. Work great for 12-18 degrees

Britishedgehog

by Britishedgehog

Thanks! I'm after lightweight, so the Gregarius knickers might be ideal.

However, I wonder how the Gregarius Light Bib Tights compare. They also appear lightweight and would spare onlookers the sight of my calves :)

harblhat

by harblhat

steveadore wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:26 pm
Question to those who have tried both the Dottore X and the Unique--Do they fit the same in terms of sizing? What I'm mainly interested in is whether the Unique fits tighter in any way or not? I'm usually in between S and M, but the Dottore X and the Termica/L1 winter tights were bunching in size M, so I had to size down to S (which fits perfect). With the Gregarius Ultra, I had M in the old (pre-2020 version), then with the current version I can wear both S (just a bit too snug, though ok) and M.
So I wonder if the Unique has relatively stretchy fabric all over and would fit me in S (for reference, I'm 179cm, 74 kg, waist 85 cm)
I own both and they fit similarly, I wear the same size. On the first use, the Unique seem to have to break in - they were binding/bunching a bit in front of my hips which is an odd sensation I haven't had before with any bibs. However once the fabric loosens up it is very comfortable and feels like you are being wrapped in a nice way. Hard to describe. The fabric is quite elastic so I think you will be good in the same size.

steveadore

by steveadore

harblhat wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:56 pm
steveadore wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:26 pm
I own both and they fit similarly, I wear the same size. On the first use, the Unique seem to have to break in - they were binding/bunching a bit in front of my hips which is an odd sensation I haven't had before with any bibs. However once the fabric loosens up it is very comfortable and feels like you are being wrapped in a nice way. Hard to describe. The fabric is quite elastic so I think you will be good in the same size.
Thanks. I've decided to buy a second pair of the Dottore X in the end :)

Btw, have you seen the new revamped Dottore just released a few days ago? They've adopted the bib strap design of the Gregarius now

ltwtsculler91

by ltwtsculler91

Britishedgehog wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:57 am
Thanks! I'm after lightweight, so the Gregarius knickers might be ideal.

However, I wonder how the Gregarius Light Bib Tights compare. They also appear lightweight and would spare onlookers the sight of my calves :)
I think the Light Bib Tights are just longer knickers from how it's described. Same material as the shorts, but all the way down. For Below 12, I'm more fond of the Wolf bib shorts, with either the Sun & Air or Wolf leg (or knee) warmers depending on the temperature and where it's headed for the day.

harblhat

by harblhat

steveadore wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:25 pm

Btw, have you seen the new revamped Dottore just released a few days ago? They've adopted the bib strap design of the Gregarius now
Yeah I'm not sure how I feel about the new elastic straps. I liked the lighter tubular strap construction and am surprised they did away with it. They breathed well and were unnoticeable, but took more work to keep them flat when putting them on. I wonder if changing to elastic was a cost measure or if they really are better. I have good experiences with the Assos elastic straps so don't see anything wrong with them per se.

steveadore

by steveadore

harblhat wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:13 pm
steveadore wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:25 pm

Yeah I'm not sure how I feel about the new elastic straps. I liked the lighter tubular strap construction and am surprised they did away with it. They breathed well and were unnoticeable, but took more work to keep them flat when putting them on. I wonder if changing to elastic was a cost measure or if they really are better. I have good experiences with the Assos elastic straps so don't see anything wrong with them per se.
I like the Assos and Gregarius straps too, nothing wrong with them, of course. I guess the tubular ones were discontinued either because of durability issues (no first hand experience, but I wonder if some people would tear the thin fabric after a while if not pulling/adjusting them carefully) or, as you suggest, because of cost cutting (which might be plausible too given the changes in ownership)

Britishedgehog

by Britishedgehog

What was the change in Q36.5 ownership?

harblhat

by harblhat

steveadore wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:49 pm
I like the Assos and Gregarius straps too, nothing wrong with them, of course. I guess the tubular ones were discontinued either because of durability issues (no first hand experience, but I wonder if some people would tear the thin fabric after a while if not pulling/adjusting them carefully) or, as you suggest, because of cost cutting (which might be plausible too given the changes in ownership)
I thought that too when I first opened them, the straps look awfully delicate, like pantyhose. But they've held up well and I take care of them so haven't had any issues myself.

The ownership change has increased their reach and presence but seems to have pushed them to a much faster and incremental release cycle. Their product lines used to last 3-4 years but now they've released jersey revisions yearly for 2-3 years in a row (Pinstripe X, Pinstripe Pro, Clima).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com