Q36.5 Gear

Kit Brand Talk. Everything under the sun, including sunnies!
g32ecs

by g32ecs

I used my Hybrid Que X jersey this morning and Im pretty mind blown 🤯 this replaces the my old Evo7 l/s jersey for the 5c-15c range

Does anyone have the Woolf or the Air Insulation jacket? Im not sure if this would be duplicating the Hybrid Que X (it was about 10c earlier and I just used a very thin baselayer and I was ok). I think Id want something for the 5-10c range alone if/when Im feeling cold for the day

JKolmo

by JKolmo

g32ecs wrote:I used my Hybrid Que X jersey this morning and Im pretty mind blown Image this replaces the my old Evo7 l/s jersey for the 5c-15c range

Does anyone have the Woolf or the Air Insulation jacket? Im not sure if this would be duplicating the Hybrid Que X (it was about 10c earlier and I just used a very thin baselayer and I was ok). I think Id want something for the 5-10c range alone if/when Im feeling cold for the day
Air Insulation will give you just that. It fits between the Hybrid Que X and the Termica and is perfect for the 5-10 range. Woolf doesn’ have the same level of wind protection and could be considered a bit redundant to the Hybrid Que (not as versatile).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

steveadore

by steveadore

JKolmo wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:49 am
g32ecs wrote:I used my Hybrid Que X jersey this morning and Im pretty mind blown Image this replaces the my old Evo7 l/s jersey for the 5c-15c range

Air Insulation will give you just that. It fits between the Hybrid Que X and the Termica and is perfect for the 5-10 range. Woolf doesn’ have the same level of wind protection and could be considered a bit redundant to the Hybrid Que (not as versatile).
How does the collar fit on these two jerseys? I'm a regular size M (including Q36.5 bibs), but the collar of the Termica X jacket in M was so tight for me that I could not zip it up all the way without feeling strangled even with all the articulated construction. It could be my neck (circumference around 40 cm), but I wouldn't size up to size L, as the M was a great fit otherwise

JKolmo

by JKolmo

I would say the Air Insulation collar is the tightest of these. Hybrid Que collar is of this two piece construction and a bit more flexible and not as high as the Termica collar so it provides more give. Wolf is even lower and more stretchy material. Collar tightness spectrum for same size would then be: Air Insulation (tightest) - Termica - Hybrid Que - Wolf.

synchronicity

by synchronicity

I ended up ordering their funky base layer. It's nearly here!😃
Maybe next time I will try their shorts...
vertebrae | Precision braking and shifting.
vayakora | Eco mouse mats: silk, linen, cotton, ramie, bamboo, etc.

g32ecs

by g32ecs

JKolmo wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:49 am

Thank you, exactly what I needed to know.

Is it the same fit/sizing? Thankfully the Que X uses stretchy materials as Im in the upper end of a Small and I was able to sausage-fit myself.

And yeah, I agree with the fit of the collar fit. Im pretty broad chested/shouldered and thought it wouldnt close. I also thought I was gonna be choked but on the bike position it's comfortable.

JKolmo

by JKolmo

Air Insulation is a tad tighter than Hybrid Que - mainly due to less stretchy material. If you are borderline S - M you might need to consider M for the Air Insulation. But as you say, these things are made for riding position and eventhough a tight fit it all makes sense when in position on the bike.

steveadore

by steveadore

Thanks, the comparisons are quite helpful. Do you happen to know about collar tightness of the summer jerseys (especially the Pinstripe one) too?

The Termica was way too tight for me even in the riding position. As I said, I'm quite slim for a Medium, but my neck is slightly thicker than average for my size, I guess.

steveadore

by steveadore

One more question (this has been bugging me for some time). How easy are nature breaks in the Termica X bib tights? The front seems unusually high (coming well above the navel area in photos), so unless the bib straps and the stomach fabric are very stretchy, pee stops could require undressing. :?:

g32ecs

by g32ecs

JKolmo wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:07 pm
Air Insulation is a tad tighter than Hybrid Que - mainly due to less stretchy material. If you are borderline S - M you might need to consider M for the Air Insulation. But as you say, these things are made for riding position and eventhough a tight fit it all makes sense when in position on the bike.
Thanks. I may have to try this on in person.

JKolmo

by JKolmo

steveadore wrote:Thanks, the comparisons are quite helpful. Do you happen to know about collar tightness of the summer jerseys (especially the Pinstripe one) too?

The Termica was way too tight for me even in the riding position. As I said, I'm quite slim for a Medium, but my neck is slightly thicker than average for my size, I guess.
Summer jerseys are less collar tight due to lower collar and stretchier material. Again optimum fit in riding position. Bear in mind though that Pinstripe X has a somewhat tighter overall fit compared to the previous gen Pinstripe, so if borderline tight fit in the prevoius Pinstripe a larger size for Pinstripe X might be doable. The Seta collar has the two piece construction similar to Hybrid Que X so Seta collar might be felt less obtrusive than Pinstripe X collar (but Seta is overall less stretchier than Pinstripe).

JKolmo

by JKolmo

steveadore wrote:One more question (this has been bugging me for some time). How easy are nature breaks in the Termica X bib tights? The front seems unusually high (coming well above the navel area in photos), so unless the bib straps and the stomach fabric are very stretchy, pee stops could require undressing. :?:
Thats actually the main (only) gripe to the Termica X IMO. You need to bend forward quite a bit for nature breaks (sometimes I suspect that drive by cars etc think that I’m sick leaning over in some bush like that ImageImage). Also this puts some stress where the straps meet the stomach fabric so you might look out for stress rips in this area (if not bending forward properly for nature brakes).

steveadore

by steveadore

JKolmo wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:09 am
steveadore wrote:One more question (this has been bugging me for some time). How easy are nature breaks in the Termica X bib tights? The front seems unusually high (coming well above the navel area in photos), so unless the bib straps and the stomach fabric are very stretchy, pee stops could require undressing. :?:
Thats actually the main (only) gripe to the Termica X IMO. You need to bend forward quite a bit for nature breaks (sometimes I suspect that drive by cars etc think that I’m sick leaning over in some bush like that ImageImage). Also this puts some stress where the straps meet the stomach fabric so you might look out for stress rips in this area (if not bending forward properly for nature brakes).
LoL, I'm quite used to contortionist moves because of my Castelli shorts :D I wish they had used a small zipper (or a lower front) on the Termica X. I have some old Gore bib tights with similarly high front sections (which are great for cold protection) but they all have a zipper there, so no need to bend over too much.

CyclingGiraffe

by CyclingGiraffe

JKolmo wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:02 am
Summer jerseys are less collar tight due to lower collar and stretchier material. Again optimum fit in riding position. Bear in mind though that Pinstripe X has a somewhat tighter overall fit compared to the previous gen Pinstripe, so if borderline tight fit in the prevoius Pinstripe a larger size for Pinstripe X might be doable. The Seta collar has the two piece construction similar to Hybrid Que X so Seta collar might be felt less obtrusive than Pinstripe X collar (but Seta is overall less stretchier than Pinstripe).
Hi -- How much smaller is the newer Pinstripe X? I am 84 kilos and 185cm, which places me almost exactly between an L and XL in Q36.5's sizing scheme. I previously purchased the original Pinstripe jersey in XL, thinking as an Italian brand, it would likely be a tighter/smaller fit, but have found it to be a little looser, particularly in the torso and ends of the sleeves, than I expected. It is also slightly longer than expected, which, when combined with the looser torso and stretchy fabric, means that the back of the jersey sags quite a bit when loaded with phone, kit, etc., especially for longer rides.

I really like the fabric and overall quality, though, so I recently ordered a Pinstripe X in L and am waiting for arrival, but now I'm a little worried that it might be too snug, if sizing changed.

JKolmo

by JKolmo

Based on your description I guess the Pinstripe X in L will be pefect! Good luck!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com