Q36.5 Gear

Kit Brand Talk. Everything under the sun, including sunnies!
steveadore

by steveadore

Has anyone used the 3/4 bib knickers. Just received them in the mail and I'm wondering if I should keep them or return them for a refund. They fit nice but the fabric is the same thin lycra as the Gregarius bib shorts, so they might not be warm enough for when 3/4 knickers are needed

velomane

by velomane

I've got a pair. They're just a longer version of the Gregarius shorts, so I use them at 5C at the coldest, up to about 12C. There is certainly a place for them in my wardrobe.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

steveadore

by steveadore

velomane wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:05 am
I've got a pair. They're just a longer version of the Gregarius shorts, so I use them at 5C at the coldest, up to about 12C. There is certainly a place for them in my wardrobe.
Spoken like a true Canadian :mrgreen: In 5C weather I wear winter bib tights. My only 3/4 knickers so far have been the Castelli Sorpasso 3/4, which are made of the same Roubaix-type fleecy fabric as the regular bib tights. I was thinking that I'd want something slightly less warm for ~15C degrees (fall/spring rides), have tried Santini Adapt and Assos Mille 3/4, but both of those seemed pretty warm too (fleece back), and finally went for the Gregarius 3/4 as I already have the Gregarius bib shorts and like them a lot. But these knickers represent the other extreme to me: too thin, so I'm thinking that I may not be able to use them too much (in my part of the world, it's either summery warm or quite cold, not much in-between weather). They fit really well though :)

steveadore

by steveadore

How do the Dottore X bib shorts fit compared to the Gregarius Ultra? I'm mainly interested in the following 2 questions:
1. Are they tighter/snugger/more constricting in any way? I started out with the old (pre-2021) Gregarius Ultra in size M, but then had to size down to S with the latest iteration of the Gregarius Ultra (also wear size S in the Termica tights) and they don't feel too tight at all. But I still wear size M in most other brands, and I'm wondering if the Dottore X fit tighter (i.e. do I need to go up to M instead of S?).
2. I find it very easy to take road side pee breaks with the new, revised Gregarius Ultra, as the bib straps and the front belly fabric are stretchy enough (same with the Termica). Is it similarly easy with the Dottore X? Or are those tubular straps and the fabric in the front less stretchy? I remember someone here saying that they had issues in that regard with the Dottore but I cannot find it now.

jwaal

by jwaal

bontie wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:28 am
Hi, some advice re sizing please.

Is there a big difference between L1 and R2 sized jerseys?

I have an R2 (Team Gelato) jersey which fits rather “aero” (tight), should I size up
In L1?

Tia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you end up getting the L1 and able to compare it to the R2?

jwaal

by jwaal

Well, I've answered my question regarding the R2 sizing versus the 2020 L1. It's a smaller fit. Here's a picture of the R2 overlayed on top of the L1. Both are mediums. I have a 39" chest and the R2 digs into my armpits, so I think it's going to go back. I find the L1 snug but enjoyable to wear.

Edit: Tried the large and it was too big. So both went back.
Attachments
20220817_165445_HDR.jpg

jwaal

by jwaal

Roadkit.com has quite a few Q36.5 pieces of clothing and accessories currently on end of summer sale. Some items are 40% off. They also have some Gobik, Blacksheep, and Isadore stuff on sale.

Pabloldv

by Pabloldv

has anyone tried the Super Termico overshoes?

Stoffa

by Stoffa

Rode a couple of time in my Hybrid Que X jersey combined with their short sleeve baselayer. Absolutely amazing kit, highly recommend!

pier

by pier

Has anyone used the new Interval Termica jacket?

I typically wear M size (96cm chest). I have also their Hibrid Que long sleeves jersey in M. fits perfectly. I could try the first version of Termica (the silver one). In M size, overall the fit was good, but the collar was so tight I could have used the jacket just with the zip open. The L was fine for the collar but of course not the tight fit it's supposed to be.

Then I found this topic and it seems I am not the only one finding the collar somehow annoying.

What about the new one?

Unfortunately I cannot try it (the only store I can reach here around will not import it).
I contacted them and the doubt remains. They say that the dimensions are the same of the old Termica and that for me they suggest to go with the M (a little confusing).

If you have some experience with the Interval Termica please share :)

steveadore

by steveadore

pier wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:31 am

I typically wear M size (96cm chest). I have also their Hibrid Que long sleeves jersey in M. fits perfectly. I could try the first version of Termica (the silver one). In M size, overall the fit was good, but the collar was so tight I could have used the jacket just with the zip open. The L was fine for the collar but of course not the tight fit it's supposed to be.

Then I found this topic and it seems I am not the only one finding the collar somehow annoying.

What about the new one?

Unfortunately I cannot try it (the only store I can reach here around will not import it).
I contacted them and the doubt remains. They say that the dimensions are the same of the old Termica and that for me they suggest to go with the M (a little confusing).

Had the same issue with the old silver Termica jacket (94cm chest, solid size M, even S in their bibs), collar was just strangling me :) Ask them to measure exactly the circumference for you, that should give you a better idea

pier

by pier

steveadore wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:24 am
pier wrote:

What about the new one?

Had the same issue with the old silver Termica jacket (94cm chest, solid size M, even S in their bibs), collar was just strangling me :) Ask them to measure exactly the circumference for you, that should give you a better idea
Thank you steveadore for sharing your experience.
It sounds that something went wrong with the design of that collar...
I wrote them another email asking for more details.
I'll post an update as soon as I have more info.

pier

by pier

pier wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:14 pm
steveadore wrote:
pier wrote:

What about the new one?

Update:
I have been in touch with the customer support. They answered quickly and politely.
The collar is 41.5 cm on a size M and being elastic it should feel comfortable on my neck, that is around 38cm.
Probably even if the dimensions overall are the same, the collar changed (?)
If i complete my winter kit with this I will post another update.

steveadore

by steveadore

pier wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:00 am
pier wrote:
steveadore wrote:
pier wrote:

What about the new one?

Update:
I have been in touch with the customer support. They answered quickly and politely.
The collar is 41.5 cm on a size M and being elastic it should feel comfortable on my neck, that is around 38cm.
My neck is around 40 cm, so I guess the older collar must have been slightly narrower than 41.5

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pier

by pier

steveadore wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:20 pm
pier wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:00 am
pier wrote:
steveadore wrote:

Update:
My neck is around 40 cm, so I guess the older collar must have been slightly narrower than 41.5
Arrived and tested this morning. 5°C, 40% humidity, no sun, annoyingly windy. A baselayer4 underneath.
Felt comfortable and well protected. At lower temperatures it should also work well.
It seems to me very different from the first Termica I tried in the store. Positively.
Overall it is a tighter fit but less rigid materials.
The neck is, as it is supposed to be, very comfortable and the flaps on the inner side work well; no wind pass though, even when on the drops.
I will use this jacket for some years.
Hope this helps some other curious people here!