Q36.5 Gear

Kit Brand Talk. Everything under the sun, including sunnies!
jdecraene85

by jdecraene85

steveadore wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:19 pm
Is this "normal"? Or is it because the tights may be too big for me? I have relatively slim lower legs (from the knee down), but my thighs are average for my size. And I'm not sure that one size smaller (Small instead of this Medium) would even fit me (it could be too tight and too short). Could anyone chime in?
I would think they are maybe a bit too long for you. They look that way on my legs before I fully pull them up, or before I pull a bit down at the calves (but I have long legs).

JKolmo

by JKolmo

Either try to pull them further up a bit if that works, as suggested. Or your body type requires M on the upper half and S on the lower it seems. Do you have a short inseam?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

steveadore

by steveadore

JKolmo wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:52 pm
Either try to pull them further up a bit if that works, as suggested. Or your body type requires M on the upper half and S on the lower it seems. Do you have a short inseam?
jdecraene85 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:21 pm
steveadore wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:19 pm
Is this "normal"? Or is it because the tights may be too big for me? I have relatively slim lower legs (from the knee down), but my thighs are average for my size. And I'm not sure that one size smaller (Small instead of this Medium) would even fit me (it could be too tight and too short). Could anyone chime in?
I would think they are maybe a bit too long for you. They look that way on my legs before I fully pull them up, or before I pull a bit down at the calves (but I have long legs).
I have slightly shorter legs (though I still wear 32" long jeans). My saddle height (I've been fitted) is around 71.5 cm only (depending on the shape of the saddle, I can also live with 72 cm). My thighs are normal/average for my dimensions, I guess, not sprinter thick, but not to thin either (around 55 circumference at the thickest). However, my calves, shins, and ankles are rather thin, so even if I pull the tights down at the calves, they would not stay there too long, I guess, as the fabric is somewhat loose around my lower leg especially (not too loose, but not really tight either). Otherwise, the tights don't look excessively long.

Q36.5 Customer Service have just replied to me and suggested that I should go with size S instead. But I'm really not sure if S would actually fit my dimensions (I'm afraid S could be too short and possibly too tight in the upper leg, hips, and waist area, especially as the main fabric is not super stretchy). Surprisingly, their customer service has also recommended that I switch to size S in their bib shorts, which I find rather strange, as I already have two pairs of the Gregarius Ultra bib shorts in size M (partly based on their own suggestion 1-2 years ago), and both of those fit me well (no creasing, no excess fabric folds). In fact, my older (2020 model year) pair of the Gregarius Ultra is a bit on the tighter side. The new, revised 2021 version of the Gregarius Ultra is less compressive and easier to put on, but still doesn't feel too big. I've never tried these or any other Q36.5 shorts in size S, but I've been quite happy with M.

Reordering the tights in size S could be costly (paying again for shipping after returning the M, and then possibly returning the S too in case they won't fit), as I haven't ordered from Q36.5 directly and thus cannot benefit from their free exchange/replacement offer. But I'm just not sure these size M tights would be a good fit in the longer run (unless there's massive shrinkage after the first wash).

For comparison, I have all the following brands (both shorts and tights) in size M: Assos, Gore, Mavic, Oakley (Bioracer made), Santini, Sportful. I also have Castelli Rosso Corsa models in both M (Sorpasso) and L (Premio). But nothing in size S.

JKolmo

by JKolmo

Hmm, I guess S would probably fit you. I don’t think they would be too short for you.

For comparison I am 171 cm short, inseam 82.5 cm, I wear jeans in 32” and have a BB to saddle of 72.8 cm approx - and for me the Termica X (and all other Q36.5 tights, bibs etc) is perfect in XS. Not too short at all.

JKolmo

by JKolmo

…with a slight risk of S being a tad too tight for you in the upper region…

steveadore

by steveadore

JKolmo wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:34 pm
Hmm, I guess S would probably fit you. I don’t think they would be too short for you.

For comparison I am 171 cm short, inseam 82.5 cm, I wear jeans in 32” and have a BB to saddle of 72.8 cm approx - and for me the Termica X (and all other Q36.5 tights, bibs etc) is perfect in XS. Not too short at all.
Hm, how wide are your waist and hips? We have almost the same leg length and if you can fit in XS, S should probably work for me (unless your waist and thighs are really slim)

JKolmo

by JKolmo

Waist 76 cm, hips 91 cm.

S will likely not be too short for you. Good luck!

steveadore

by steveadore

JKolmo wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:41 pm
Waist 76 cm, hips 91 cm.

S will likely not be too short for you. Good luck!Image
Thanks, I'll write to the dealer I bought the tights from tomorrow morning. Hope I can arrange an exchange.

It's really funny to size down (rather than up) with an Italian brand

steveadore

by steveadore

Something that Q36.5 customer service has told me re: the Termica bib sizes keeps bugging me. Not only have they recommended that I size down from M to S, but they have also told me to get their bib shorts in size S (rather than M) as well.
I have two pairs of the Gregarius Ultra bib shorts, the older (2020) version and the revised 2021 version. The former fits really well, snug and somewhat compressive, though quite comfortably too (though I wouldn't want it any tighter). The revised new version, however, seems less compressive (in fact, when I got it I was even wondering if they have changed their sizing, but customer service told me that it's still the same fit, except it's slightly longer in the leg). I'm wondering if somehow the fabric (the same fabric on paper, except the new one's made from recycled fibers) has become less compressive (it actually feels a bit like Assos Mille) and I should really size down to S. Or could the older pair I own have shrunk a bit with washing? Though I remember it as having been quite snug even when new. The new one definitely doesn't seem too large in M either, but it's noticeably less snug and compressive than the previous version I have in the same size
Has anyone tried the Gregarius Ultra in size S with my dimensions (179 cm tall, 71 kg, 84 cm waist, 95 cm hips)?

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Just bought a pair half a year old; I'm. Shorter by a cm but have the same weight and waist size as you and the S is perfect. M will definitely be loose imo.

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

samuele22100

by samuele22100

gregarius ultra and pinstripe x.
I noticed that once purchased they were tight fitting.
After a series of washes, the fabric enlarged, losing much of its initial adhesion and compression.

samuele22100

by samuele22100

After a series of washes, the fabric enlarged, losing much of its initial adhesion and compression.

steveadore

by steveadore

samuele22100 wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:51 am
Kayrehn wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:22 am
Just bought a pair half a year old; I'm. Shorter by a cm but have the same weight and waist size as you and the S is perfect. M will definitely be loose imo.

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk
Thanks to both of you! I guess I should try the S then. As I've said, the old (2020) Gregarius Ultra fit perfectly in size M and they haven't lost any of their compression. Do you have this version or the new revised (2021) version, Samuele? If this is an issue with the revised version, then I should definitely get the size S instead of the M I have (which I haven't worn yet, just tried on, as I bought them at the end of this summer season, when it became too cold for shorts). I was afraid of the opposite, i.e., that they might shrink after the first 1-2 washes (though I don't remember that having happened to my old 2020 pair).
What I find strange is that Q36.5 have told me that the revised 2021 version of the Gregarius should fit and be sized the same as the older 2020 version. But now they have told me that I should use them in size S instead of M. But last year, when I bought the older version, they told me to buy size M (and my body measurements were the same then). And I can definitely feel the new version fits larger somehow.

samuele22100

by samuele22100

I have the new gregarius '21.
I'm 174 cm x 62/63 kg.
the wolf 2.0 in small size fit me very tightly and are definitely shorter than the gregarius.
gregarius fit me well even if I would have preferred the xs but the shop where I bought them does not hold xs sizes.
the silk shirt and thermal jacket x fit very snugly and almost short in length.
the hybrid que x in size s is more comfortable.

steveadore

by steveadore

Update: I have received the size S Termica X bib tights and Gregarius Ultra revised (2021) shorts.
1. Although I was sceptical, the Gregarius Ultra revised fit great in S. But even these feel slightly less compressive than my old Gregarius Ultra (2020 version) in size M. The fabric feels stretchier, which is of course not a problem. And the legs are longer on the revised version size S than on the old version in size M. They are in fact not visibly shorter than on the size M revised. So I'm keeping the size S.
2. The Termica X in size S fits better than the M I had to return due to excessive creasing/wrinkling. There are still some minor creases around the knees, both on the sides and (when simulating pedaling motions) at the rear panel (which is softer Roubaix-type fleece). And there is some creasing on the upper thighs below the hips, which I guess is inevitable with this really dense woven fabric they used. I'm still thinking whether to keep them or not. For one thing, it's not easy to put them on as the fit is quite tight and I was afraid of forcing some of the seams when pulling them up (although I was very careful and gentle, as I just tried them on once at home). Once on, they feel snug and somewhat compressive, though not excessively tight (I can still pinch and pull/stretch the fabric, so it's definitely not stretched to the max). However. I'm slightly worried about damaging the seams with repeated use. I'm also concerned a bit about the creasing in the fabric at the back of the knee and wonder if that may make them uncomfortable during actual riding. Lastly, I'm also wondering about the real-world limit of thermal capability: they are supposed to be good down to minus 5 C, but the fabric is rather thin, although dense and seemingly quite good against wind. I ride around freezing point a lot, mostly in dry weather, and often go for low-intensity winter joyrides. And I am not sure these would keep me cushy and warm enough.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com