Q36.5 Gear

Kit Brand Talk. Everything under the sun, including sunnies!
steventran

by steventran

It's the only kit I buy today as well. Other brands have started using woven fabrics, but Q36.5 takes it to another level with multiple densities without additional panels. I also love the plain asthetic.

savechief

by savechief

I was wondering if somebody who owns both could compare for me the fit and comfort of the Salopette L1 bibs to the Miles Gregarius bibs.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Time VXRS Ulteam (7.16 kg)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=120268

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

steventran

by steventran

I don't own both, but I own the L1, Vented, Dottore made with woven fabric. I think they're going to be fairly different. The L1 is made from woven fabric in nearly one piece per leg and has good compression. It feels quite different from "traditional" bibs. The Miles is made with knitted fabric that has several panels per leg. I suspect the amount of compression is less and the feel quite different, closer to "traditional" bibs. Otherwise, the pad, straps, and lumbar panels are similar.

Digger90

by Digger90

steventran wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:40 pm
I don't own both, but I own the L1, Vented, Dottore made with woven fabric. I think they're going to be fairly different. The L1 is made from woven fabric in nearly one piece per leg and has good compression. It feels quite different from "traditional" bibs. The Miles is made with knitted fabric that has several panels per leg. I suspect the amount of compression is less and the feel quite different, closer to "traditional" bibs. Otherwise, the pad, straps, and lumbar panels are similar.
I'm confused by Q36.5's website - as to which bibs I should get for summer riding. The description of the Dottore says it's made of a high-density fabric, that is then treated with DWR so is water repellent. These are presumably winter shorts then? But the rest of the blurb makes them sound like summer shorts...?

steventran

by steventran

The Wolf hybrid and the various long bibs are for the winter. The Elite, Dottore, L1, and Gregarious are three season shorts for any distance. You could reserve the minimal Vented for hot hill climbs, but I use them in the spring and summer in Northern California.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Digger90

by Digger90

Great - just bought some Dottore bibs and Pinstripe L1 jersey.

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

After many months and rides, I really like my Dottore bibs.
The material is indeed different, but completely acceptable.

billynyc

by billynyc

hey guys

i was just curious on the sizing...... my chest is 39 in (99 cm) 68 in (172 cm) and i weigh around 138 (62kg) their sizing has me as a medium going by the chest size and xtra small by weight....any of your around my size can give me some feedback on the fit of the baselayers. I have a hybrid que in medium (very quality piece BTW) the fit is pretty good, maybe not second skin but want to allow for at least a baselayer. so I am thinking maybe have to size down for baselayer or vests???

steventran

by steventran

I've only used the non-Intimo base layers. I think only the Intimo base layers come in XS-S. Since I have no experience with them, I can't recommend a size. If you are considering the other base layers, however, your choice would be clearer since they're only available in S-M and L-XL. The non-Intimo base layers have a lot of stretch. I'm 170" tall with a 43" chest and weigh 160lbs. I wear an S-M base layer as well as jersey and jacket.

JKolmo

by JKolmo

Definitely size down for baselayers and maybe for vests. For baselayer 1-4 there is no alternative to S-M for you. And eventhough you have a big chest size I guess you could size down to S for vests.

I guess it also depends on the fit you prefer. For reference I am 171 cm short, 63kg, 90cm chest and I have XS in jerseys and tops incl the Hybrid que and the new Woolf collection, and S in jackets and bibs/tights. XS in vests. M would fit like a tent on me.

Rush

by Rush

I've been so impressed with their baselayers I now own every single model. Baselayers 3 and 4 are great for winter riding and skiing. Baselayer 4 has a denser weave than 3. Baselayers 2 and 3 are indentical (except for arm length) but Baselayer 1 has a finer weave again.

Haven't had a chance to wear the Teddy Bear in anger yet. It's too warm for Australian cycling but I might give it a go in backcountry skiing.

billynyc

by billynyc

Love the teddy bear! I wear that, hybrid que and l1 vest good to low 20F

Lafolie

by Lafolie

How does it compare with Pad Normal Studio ?

savechief

by savechief

Looking for anybody that has tried the Q36.5 sleeveless base layers to get your opinion. Looks like their current lineup is the Base Layer Zero Mesh and the Base Layer 1 Sleeveless, but some shops still have the (no longer made, I presume?) Intimo 1 Sleeveless in stock. This will be used all summer in temperatures ranging from 27C to 35C. I would also like it to be fairly durable.
Time VXRS Ulteam (7.16 kg)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=120268

JKolmo

by JKolmo

For that temp range I would recommend the Zero Mesh, or no baselayer at all. The newer style baselayers are more comfortable and more durable than the older Intimo series.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com