Bar/stem combo for 1.25" steerer?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

aeroisnteverything

by aeroisnteverything

Courie90 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:33 am
Hey Calvin

Thx for the replay, as i can see on the picture you hust mounted the aero cockpit on the original bearing spacer from scott. so if i understand correct you don't need the special spacer from canyon, figure 101 in the link.
I have a canyon and bought the H11 as aftermarket upgrade. I would not say you have to use their spacer kit. The thing with Canyon is that their normal stems have no internal expander plug, whereas one is supplied with H11 (not sure why - but who am I to argue). If there is an expander plug with the bike you got, then spacers and the top cap are there just to look better and match the aero shape of the stem. If the spacers and the top cap are round - so what. Or maybe you don't have any spacers and just a round cap - again, so what.

Calvin's Scott looks pretty slick anyway!

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Courie90 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:46 am
Has anyone mounted an canyon aero cockpit on annother brand bike ? I would like to do it on i giant, but don’t fins pics or info on the internet

Thx
I used Canyon H11's on many a Parlee with a sleeve from Giant stem.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

giantalized

by giantalized

Thats how it looks on my 2018 Defy... had to add 3 microspacer on top of the headset to get it set properly
Last edited by giantalized on Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SuperNonAero

by SuperNonAero

Thanks for the pictures mate.
I love the sleakness of the canyon cockpit. But from my understanding, the only way to use your garmin etc, is to have it sit on the stem.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

SuperNonAero wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:28 pm
I love the sleakness of the canyon cockpit. But from my understanding, the only way to use your garmin etc, is to have it sit on the stem.
raceware sells a bar clamp on mount. I did not have luck with the ones that attached to the bottom of the bar... kept on snapping bolts..last one is still in there. :)

aeroisnteverything

by aeroisnteverything

SuperNonAero wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:28 pm
Canyon has an out front garmin mount that bolts under the bar.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

giantalized wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:12 pm

Thats how it looks on my 2018 Defy... had to add 3 microspacer on top of the headset to get it set properly
I have OCD on that gap though... first canyon stem spacer... otherwise looks good.

SuperNonAero

by SuperNonAero

Thanks for the replies guys.

Just putting it out there (so bored at work right now..)

Is there anyway for us to clean up all front cables with our older bikes, like a lot of the new systems do?
eg
https://mir-s3-cdn-cf.behance.net/proje ... 2d3f4d.jpg

zvucetic

by zvucetic

Hi,

I purchased the Canyon Ultimate with the aerocockpit and with that got the 1 1/4" fork with Acros headset.

For triathlon and the need to mount the aerobars so I will need to swap the stem and the handlebars.

Did anyone inpect what is needed in terms of spacers for this change? I need to get the tension plate for the Acros headset?
I could probably leave the aero ones, but it won't look so clean.

Courie90

by Courie90

calvin wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:16 pm
Yes i am using the original Scott spacers
Hello Calvin, is it possible to make a close up pick from bar/stem making contact with the original scott spacer, ther you don't needed spacers you could just swap the stem with the canyon cockpit. I need the spacers, so would like to know if i can use the canyon spacers that are made for the canyon cockpit.

thanks

grtz

Angelo

nevermind just saw the previous posts :p

Courie90

by Courie90

giantalized wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:12 pm

Verry nice. that was what i'm looking for. can you say witch microspacers you used ? I asume that original threated part from the headset is still used and not the one that comes with the canyon spacer kit ( like you can see on the picture i posted earlyer) ?

thx for the replay

grtz

Angelo

giantalized

by giantalized

Hi Angelo,

I bought Fsa Micro spacers for 1 1/4 steerers here:
https://www.bike-components.de/de/FSA/D ... atz-p7698/

Removed the relative flat original fsa dustcap and put three thin spacers onto steerer (needed at least three to eliminate play in the headset and getting in set correctly).

Spacerset is original Canyon Aeroad. The bottom spacer with the bolt has a rubber sealant ring to keep the dust out.
Also changed the original expander to Canyons that came with the set to get the spacer cap mounted with the thinner black bolt.

Could it disassemble if you have further questions :thumbup:
Last edited by giantalized on Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Courie90

by Courie90

giantalized wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:18 pm
Hi Angelo,

I bought Fsa Micro spacers for 1 1/4 steerers here:
https://www.bike-components.de/de/FSA/D ... atz-p7698/

Removed the relative flat original fsa dustcap and put three thin spacers onto steerer (needed at least three to eliminate play in the headset and getting in set correctly).

Spacerset is original Canyon H11/H36. The bottom spacer with the bolt has a rubber sealant ring to keep the dust out.
Also changed the original expander to Canyons that came with the set to get the spacer cap mounted with the thinner black bolt.

Could it disassemble if you have further questions :thumbup:
Thx for the reply, would buy the bike and bars en let the lbs mount it together. Never changed the expander myself. Did you buy the spacer kit for the ultimate or the aeroad ? Don’t think i need extra photo’s for now.

Grtz

giantalized

by giantalized

Aeroad kit for 39.99 Euros

SuperNonAero

by SuperNonAero

So I got the Syncros RR1.0 Aero in the end. Really happy with it.
Waiting on my garmin mount. Next step is inquiring if the new di2 handlebar end works with the bars or not, just to try clean up the area a little more.
Attachments
20190130_203852.jpg
20190130_203837.jpg
20190130_203829.jpg
20190130_203823.jpg
20190130_173811.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com