Colnago C60 - Campagnolo bottom bracket

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

tadrums

by tadrums

Thx guys. Yes, I had already used the "PVC" tool to remove UT cups from previous frames.
TA

graeme_f_k
Shop Owner / Manufacturer

by graeme_f_k

Calnago wrote:
I think you just like to use that special tool you made, and rightly so! :P

You got it :-D
Happy NY by the way ...!
A Tech-Reps work is never done ...
Head Tech, Campagnolo main UK ASC
Pls contact via velotechcycling"at"aim"dot"com, not PM, for a quicker answer. Thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

garypremo

by garypremo

tadrums:

My C60 build is complete and I posted the build pics here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=143075

I wanted to answer your query about the Wishbone TF82525C threaded bottom bracket cups for Campagnolo Ultra Torque.

The installation was straightforward. I used copper anti-seize grease liberally on the threads inside the frame and a thin band of blue (medium strength) thread locker on the threads of the cups themselves. Similar to joeyb1000, I like the fact that the nylon sleeve between the cups creates a watertight seal around the crank spindle.

As expected, the bottom bracket is silent for now and I am pretty confident it will stay that way, but only time will tell.

I will surely post to this thread if there is anything to report.
2016 Colnago C60 PLWH 61 CM Traditional Geometry

tadrums

by tadrums

garypremo wrote:tadrums:

My C60 build is complete and I posted the build pics here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=143075

I wanted to answer your query about the Wishbone TF82525C threaded bottom bracket cups for Campagnolo Ultra Torque.

The installation was straightforward. I used copper anti-seize grease liberally on the threads inside the frame and a thin band of blue (medium strength) thread locker on the threads of the cups themselves. Similar to joeyb1000, I like the fact that the nylon sleeve between the cups creates a watertight seal around the crank spindle.

As expected, the bottom bracket is silent for now and I am pretty confident it will stay that way, but only time will tell.

I will surely post to this thread if there is anything to report.

Thx very much for the BB install info. Enjoy the ride!
TA

tadrums

by tadrums

Oh, did u lose any paint when U removed the OEM TF cups? Thx again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TA

garypremo

by garypremo

tadrums - No; I was fortunate enough not to lose any paint. I had to purchase the Colnago tool to remove the OEM cups because for 2016, Colnago did not include the tool with the C60 frame set. It was not an oversight; the user manual specifically states that the tool is not included. I purchased this one for $69 USD: http://www.excelsports.com/main.asp?page=8&description=Pressfit+Bottom+Bracket+Tool&vendorCode=COLNAGO&major=6&minor=11

You will note that the write-up states: "This tool's 16 notch spline matches shell adaptors perfectly and has very low profile to prevent frame damage when installing or removing".

The amount of contact area is not much, thus I had to take care to get the wratchet wrench perfectly parallel to the BB shell and apply a good amount of muscle before the replaceable sleeves came loose.

If I may ask; where are at with your bottom bracket? Are you considering replacing existing press fit cups? Are you doing an initial build?
2016 Colnago C60 PLWH 61 CM Traditional Geometry

tadrums

by tadrums

garypremo wrote:tadrums - No; I was fortunate enough not to lose any paint. I had to purchase the Colnago tool to remove the OEM cups because for 2016, Colnago did not include the tool with the C60 frame set. It was not an oversight; the user manual specifically states that the tool is not included. I purchased this one for $69 USD: http://www.excelsports.com/main.asp?page=8&description=Pressfit+Bottom+Bracket+Tool&vendorCode=COLNAGO&major=6&minor=11

You will note that the write-up states: "This tool's 16 notch spline matches shell adaptors perfectly and has very low profile to prevent frame damage when installing or removing".

The amount of contact area is not much, thus I had to take care to get the wratchet wrench perfectly parallel to the BB shell and apply a good amount of muscle before the replaceable sleeves came loose.

If I may ask; where are at with your bottom bracket? Are you considering replacing existing press fit cups? Are you doing an initial build?

I built my C60(SR EPS)a few wks ago. No BB issues to date I just have deep disdain for press fit BBs. I have other bikes Canyon, Urgestalt, all PF. Developed BB creak in the Urgestalt I hope to remedy w/Wishbone received t'day. Not sure if I should use Loctite w/WB tho.
TA

samuelcfadams1986

by samuelcfadams1986

Guys I'm currently staring a C60 build, I believe I will be on a 58s size but wondered if anyone could link a picture of a c60 in a 58 sloping size. It's very hard to find pictures on the net and I'm worried it might look odd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

micky

by micky

How's the long term reviews from those bottom brackets with threads?
Thanks

Heavyhitter

by Heavyhitter

micky wrote:How's the long term reviews from those bottom brackets with threads?
Thanks

My C60 rode close 10 k without a sound yet. BB was cleaned and regreased 2 times per year.

wilwil

by wilwil

What kind of sound do the press fit Campy cups make if they are noisy? I have a ticking noise once every revolution which goes away after a few miles.

3Pio

by 3Pio

Heavyhitter wrote:
micky wrote:How's the long term reviews from those bottom brackets with threads?
Thanks

My C60 rode close 10 k without a sound yet. BB was cleaned and regreased 2 times per year.

Since the surface where bearing rotate in the cups is not adonized.. Is there any scratches or something from removing/installing the crankset for cleaning purpose? And what u mean by cleaned/regreased? U clean just the surface where bearing rotate, or u totaly deinstall, clean the threads, then regrease threads, and install again?

micky

by micky

Heavyhitter wrote:
Thanks

Cheers, which brand/model did you use?

TonyM

by TonyM

Thanks

approx. 15tkm w/o any service/ maintenance (on my to do list for this winter however). All ok so far.
Campa SR.

Heavyhitter

by Heavyhitter

micky wrote:
Heavyhitter wrote:
Thanks

Cheers, which brand/model did you use?

Shimano Dura Ace. Nothing exotic but does get the job done and cheap to change

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com