Colnago C60 - Campagnolo bottom bracket

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

micky

by micky

Guys, I guess I explained myself badly. :oops:
I meant those bottom brackets with threads like the one from Wishbone and few other minor brands, not the pressfit ones.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Boshk

by Boshk

micky wrote:Guys, I guess I explained myself badly. :oops:
I meant those bottom brackets with threads like the one from Wishbone and few other minor brands, not the pressfit ones.

I thought the general consensus is the stock Campagnolo ultra torque cups were still one of the best, both threaded bb and pressfit type

lwk

by lwk

Is the wishbone bb only available on eBay? No other online shops selling?

micky

by micky

@boshhk, I was only interested in the BB with threads out of curiosity, especially in the long term.

@lwk, I need to install a BB for Shimano and was considering Wishbone, but there isn't on eBay so far, and only found an HK shop selling it.

moonoi

by moonoi

micky wrote:@boshhk, I was only interested in the BB with threads out of curiosity, especially in the long term.

@lwk, I need to install a BB for Shimano and was considering Wishbone, but there isn't on eBay so far, and only found an HK shop selling it.

With the ThreadFit that comes with the C60, you don’t need anything other than standard PF86 BB, something like the wishbone is a waste of money.

3Pio

by 3Pio

moonoi wrote:
micky wrote:@boshhk, I was only interested in the BB with threads out of curiosity, especially in the long term.

With the ThreadFit that comes with the C60, you don’t need anything other than standard PF86 BB, something like the wishbone is a waste of money.

Im also trying to decide should i go Wishbone or again standard BB UT Cups. I realized that drive side (i have a thread about that), cup is scratched and i feel a bit of roughness (just a little bit), because of that. So since i got the ThreadFit tool, i dont need to invest money for that, and the WishBone way will cost me 100 USD.

If i go standard way, i need to order PressFit tool + Campagnolo Pressrings + New UT Cups = 80-100 USD.

So if both things cost same money, u still think the standard way is better then going WishBone?

Since i dont know how my UT Cups were installed, im a bit worried about process of removing them which i can see include some Mc Hammer :)

Do u have any specific recommendation about this process? And still not sure which ParkTool i need. RT1 or RT2? ( I found that Calnago recommend RT-1, but in my thread i got recommendation that i need RT-2).

Also this look like nice method, and i'll try it first if it's work or not (Before MC Hammer method): viewtopic.php?f=3&t=137823&start=30#p1279516

"I see you posted a query to joeyb1000 regarding what he meant by removing Campy cups from the threaded Colnago shell with "a piece of PCV to support it". I believe that once he had removed the Colnago shell with the Campy bearing cup inside, he used a PVC (a section of thick walled Polyvinyl chloride pipe) to serve as a back stop to allow him to force the Campy cup out of the Colnago shell. The inside diameter of the pipe would be slight larger than the inside diameter of the Colnago shell but smaller than the shell's outside diameter. He would place the Colnago shell facing down against the pipe and apply force to the Campy cup to drive it out. It sounds like a good method; it moves the operation of applying force safely away from the frame."

moonoi

by moonoi

Yes, I would use the standard BB cups installed with the Colnago ThreadFit. Mine originally had SRAM GXP cups fitted, then after 5k km decided to go for Campag SR, removed and fitted the UT cups, both installations were done dry (no retaining compounds etc) by my LBS, and not had any issues with a creaky BB on either install

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3Pio

by 3Pio

moonoi wrote:Yes, I would use the standard BB cups installed with the Colnago ThreadFit. Mine originally had SRAM GXP cups fitted, then after 5k km decided to go for Campag SR, removed and fitted the UT cups, both installations were done dry (no retaining compounds etc) by my LBS, and not had any issues with a creaky BB on either install

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks.. So just need to confirm best tool for removing UT Caps (if i go hammering method). :) Is it Park tool RT-1 or RT-2? Or some other suggestion like Unior tool maybe?

micky

by micky

moonoi wrote:

Care to elaborate? First hand experience?
Thanks

garypremo

by garypremo

micky wrote:
moonoi wrote:

Thanks

@micky I am aware of 2 manufacturers of a threaded bottom bracket solution for the Colnago C60 using a 24mm Shiimano crankset. One is made by Wishbone (Taiwan) and is sold on ebay by seller mr_ride for USD $130 : https://www.ebay.com/itm/mr-ride-CERAMI ... SwkNZUgACI

The other is made by Tripeak (Taiwan) and is available on eBay for USD $120 : https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tripeak-Cerami ... 360d3e9115

For my C60 I use a Campagnolo Super Record Ultra Torque crankset and Wishbone TF82525C threaded bearing cups (documented earlier in this thread), so I cannot provide a long term review of the product you are considering.

I can state that after one year and 5,000 km, the Wishbone TF82525C bearing cups are silent and functioning perfectly.

Good Luck!
-Gary
2016 Colnago C60 PLWH 61 CM Traditional Geometry

micky

by micky

@garypremo, cheers!
I have seen your report and as I need to install one soon I was looking for more feedbacks.
Sadly I don't have the original Colnago BB tool so that would be roughly an irritating 50euro.

moonoi

by moonoi

micky wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:04 pm
moonoi wrote:

Thanks
Yes, first hand experience and installing the Campagnolo PF BB directly in to the supplied ThreadFit, no noise, nice and smooth.

micky

by micky

I meant the other way around.

moonoi

by moonoi

My point is that the tolerances that Colnago build the threadfit solution to are so tight there is absolutely no need to waste money on another threaded solution that won't provide any benefit

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

joeyb1000

by joeyb1000

moonoi wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:30 am
absolutely no need to waste money on another threaded solution that won't provide any benefit
I can’t agree. The wishbone has fewer parts, closer tolerances and seals the inside of the B.B.