Cannondale CAAD12 105 complete strip with RAW weights

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

BRM

by BRM

40 seconds on google learned me that this scale is known as AWS LB-3000
Manufactured by: American Weigh Scales

http://www.awscales.com/compact-bench-s ... bowl-scale

Personally I don't like round scales.
This one also has a lid which is not handy when using in smaller places.
There are many scales to buy that will fit your purpose, but be sure to skip the ones that runs on button batteries.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

I have several scales and that one (AWS LB-3000) is good for weighing smaller parts with accuracy. I do recommend calibrating it every once in a while (as I do) with a precise calibration weight.

The lid doesn't get in the way from my experience, then again I'm not operating in tight areas - I have a nice work space as part of my art practice. The lid is nice, however, in protecting the scale when it's not in use.

Since many parts are black, I kinda wish it had a light-colored placement area so I can take pictures which show the item better.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

etek72

by etek72

I really thought you would flame me after the last post I made but you seem like you are a very reasonable person.. I believe the CAAD12 is a great all-rounder and if you put a riser on the stem it is extremely comfortable but I am coming from hybrid bikes so take that with a grain of salt. I want to see the finished product as soon as you are done with it but 18 LBS seems like it's already light enough unless your are in EXTREME competition.

OutOfBreath

by OutOfBreath

I really like this bike despite the weird seatpost diameter and the propietary bottom bracket.

My biggest gripe is concerning the geometry. I'm ok with the horizontal top tube but the size that would fit me, a 48 that is, has a 53cm seat tube if I recall correctly. For the vertically challenged that means that either you run a very shallow saddle or you end up with the seatpost completely inserted leaving only the clamp exposed.

It doesn't look good to me and the stand over is crazy high too, I know bikes aren't meant to be straddeled but some clearance is nice to have.

DamonRinard
in the industry

by DamonRinard

@OutOfBreath: Glad you like the CAAD12. We noticed the high standover in the smaller sizes too, and have made a running change to slope the top tube a bit more. Not exactly sure when you should see it in shops, but they're currently in the pipeline.
Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager, Road Bikes
Cycling Sports Group, Cannondale
Ex-Kestrel, ex-Velomax, ex-Trek, ex-Cervelo

TarugoKing

by TarugoKing

prendrefeu wrote:Image
Headset (Tange Seiki) w/o cone, 50.6g

Hi,
Possible to get the exact headset bearings TOP and BOTTOM specs?

m66

by m66

DamonRinard wrote:@OutOfBreath: Glad you like the CAAD12. We noticed the high standover in the smaller sizes too, and have made a running change to slope the top tube a bit more. Not exactly sure when you should see it in shops, but they're currently in the pipeline.

Would love to see this in a 50cm - hopefully it will match up closely with the current Evo?

DamonRinard
in the industry

by DamonRinard

Yes, the CAAD12 is inspired by the EVO so should be very similar.
Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager, Road Bikes
Cycling Sports Group, Cannondale
Ex-Kestrel, ex-Velomax, ex-Trek, ex-Cervelo

Longhorn1106

by Longhorn1106

Wheres the update !?!? **Waiting on my CAAD12 Red to arrive Friday** By the way does anyone know if the cranks on the CAAD12 red are the same as this bike ? The Cannondale site is a bit vague.

wingguy

by wingguy

Longhorn1106 wrote:Wheres the update !?!? **Waiting on my CAAD12 Red to arrive Friday** By the way does anyone know if the cranks on the CAAD12 red are the same as this bike ? The Cannondale site is a bit vague.

It's not vague at all. Bring up the bike on the cannondale website, scroll down to component overview click on the big green "+ View all components" and it will tell you the precise spec of every part of the bike. Including Chainset, chain rings and ratios.

Longhorn1106

by Longhorn1106

wingguy wrote:
Longhorn1106 wrote:Wheres the update !?!? **Waiting on my CAAD12 Red to arrive Friday** By the way does anyone know if the cranks on the CAAD12 red are the same as this bike ? The Cannondale site is a bit vague.

It's not vague at all. Bring up the bike on the cannondale website, scroll down to component overview click on the big green "+ View all components" and it will tell you the precise spec of every part of the bike. Including Chainset, chain rings and ratios.

Longhorn1106

by Longhorn1106

Gotcha , the "Compare Tool" has the same crank description.

Clownfreak

by Clownfreak

Speaking of CAAD12 RED!
Attachments
ii 037.jpg

Longhorn1106

by Longhorn1106

What. Is. That.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CAAD997

by CAAD997

Longhorn1106 wrote:What. Is. That.

Looks like the bottom bracket area with some paint stripper applied.
Two wheelers rock!