supersix himod or caad 10

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

michel2

by michel2

Shimano isnt bling, but it just does the job perfectly without complaint. Campa is italian, its not always working smoothly.

Just my 50 cents.[/quote]

a bike is only as good as its mechanic... (-:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

istigatrice

by istigatrice

I've used Shimano cassettes and chains on a Campy groupset and I've used campy cassettes on shimano groupsets without issue. I used to have a shimano and campy equipped bike so got many kms out of the above set ups (I'm now on Shimano because I prefer the braking).

But yes, you do make a fair point about mixing groupsets. I'm guessing if the OP can afford record/chorus he won't mind paying 2x as much for cassettes and chains (because after all, how often do you replace these things anyway).

If you're racing often/enjoy racing a lot definitely build the crit racer. But if you're doing more social group rides with the odd race tacked on I'd build the carbon bike first.
I write the weightweenies blog, hope you like it :)

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

LEC135

by LEC135

Why go cheaper for racing if the price difference is only 230€?

Worst case is you crash and replace it with the CAAD10

Multebear

by Multebear

michel2 wrote:
a bike is only as good as its mechanic... (-:

True, but it's a bike, it's not rocket science. And I prefer to ride my bike rather than fixing it.

Devon

by Devon

Haha. Anyone who says Campag is unreliable or hard to maintain must have either had a bad experience, or never used it. I think I wash my Centaur once every few months, ride in the rain on muddy lanes and never service it. After three years and 3 frames, I've only just replaced the jockey wheels. The original cassette and chainring are still going strong, and I've had no other issues. The only parts I've swapped out have been chains and cables, and literally only because I've had to swap it to a different build every year when the plastic frame broke.

aidenmoon

by aidenmoon

yeah.. i used campy SR sets when i was riding a colnago and they do look better.. i just remembered
and the hood and the shifter oh.....
neways.. cannondale evo hi mod has been turned up a lot at a reasonable price on ebay.. good choice

jet520

by jet520

I have CAAD9 and EVO HM Team, both are great, but EVO has more comfort and much lighter. I vote for EVO.

From my iPhone Tapatalk

fignonsbarber

by fignonsbarber

I would go caad 10 with chorus. There is no performance difference between chorus and sr, in fact the chorus crankset bearings are more durable. If you want a bit more comfort, drop a couple psi in the tires, or go from 23 mm to 25 mm, if you haven't already.