chain lube

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Stitchking wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:04 am
pdlpsher1 wrote:I buy the RnR Gold in the biggest bottle available. A big bottle lasts a long time so it isn’t expensive to use at all. One drop per link every 300 miles. And I also add fine moly powder to the lube so I get extra lubrication from the moly.
I tend to put my fine molly places other than my chain
like on disc rotor?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

yinya

by yinya

Bought two bottles of R’n’R. Not sure it makes much of a difference but mixture doesn’t look very consistent across packs. Just an observation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TuplaO

by TuplaO

^No wonder people's experiences of even one single product can vary so much. Even the same stuff isn't necessarily the same... Seems there's a good reason for these bottles and the like not being see-through.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

The bottle on the left has an unusually large amount of solid/precipitate. Most bottles look just like the other one.

PokojniToza

by PokojniToza

Muc-Off Dry Lube. Does not stay long, but while it's there it works great. The fact that it smells like a banana is a bonus.

jones1991

by jones1991

squirt chain lube... nothing comes close

sockpuppet

by sockpuppet

I started waxxing my chains about two months ago, and will never go back to drip lube. Clean, fast, and clean. I rotate through multiple chains on my road bike, so I only have to do the waxxing process about once a month.

Prior to waxxing, I used RnR gold.