2016 Fuji SL

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
justaute

by justaute

Allen254 wrote:
justaute wrote:
prebsy wrote:No clearance issues with the 28s?

Short answer = No.
Long answer = depending on the wheel/tire combination.

I had Sector 28 on my Bora and I had ~3mm of space between the tire and the seat-tube. No issues on the chainstays. As of now, I have Schwalbe Pro One 25mm on the same wheels. Not sure if it could accommodate 28mm version of the Pro One.
how is the stiffness on your fuji sl I'm planning on getting one soon. And how would you you compare it to other carbon bikes that you have ridden stiffness wise?? Sweet build by the way.

Thanks for the compliment. I have only had one other carbon bike, a Merckx San Remo, which was a stiff (and heavy) bike. I would say Fuji SL is quite comparable to the Merckx. FWIW...I am ~6'1" & 207 lbs. I just started road cycling (was a BMX/MTB guy a long ago) a little over a year ago. I'm a weight-lifter and ball player (basketball & volleyball). My endurance is average, but can put out a lot of power in short spurts. :) Trying to leverage the 35"-vertical (quick twitch) I used to have.

commendatore

by commendatore

Anyone riding one of these able to make a direct comparison with a hi-mod evo? or a cervelo r3/r5?

I'm going in one of two directions with my next bike and I'm a little torn on going for something aero or something more traditional. The SL certainly jumps out on price! If you put 1500 watts through it does it feel like a noodle?

by Weenie

Allen254

by Allen254

commendatore wrote:Anyone riding one of these able to make a direct comparison with a hi-mod evo? or a cervelo r3/r5?

I'm going in one of two directions with my next bike and I'm a little torn on going for something aero or something more traditional. The SL certainly jumps out on price! If you put 1500 watts through it does it feel like a noodle?

I can tell you with confidence that the Fuji sl is no noodle. The frame is up there with the hi-mod , tarmac you name it. Fuji uses hi mod carbon for the SL frame . And high compaction molding. Read up on it and reviews are all favorable VERY STIFF FRAME no doubt.

anlimdy22

by anlimdy22

Allen254 wrote:
commendatore wrote:Anyone riding one of these able to make a direct comparison with a hi-mod evo? or a cervelo r3/r5?

I can tell you with confidence that the Fuji sl is no noodle. The frame is up there with the hi-mod , tarmac you name it. Fuji uses hi mod carbon for the SL frame . And high compaction molding. Read up on it and reviews are all favorable VERY STIFF FRAME no doubt.

I'm agree with you on this.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

BigPoser

by BigPoser

Just picked up my SL last Saturday and I started the build tonight. So far I'm VERY impressed with the quality of the frame. Hoping to have it finished up by this weekend.

anlimdy22

by anlimdy22

BigPoser wrote:Just picked up my SL last Saturday and I started the build tonight. So far I'm VERY impressed with the quality of the frame. Hoping to have it finished up by this weekend.

please post your build list. what is your expected bike weight?

BigPoser

by BigPoser

anlimdy22 wrote:
BigPoser wrote:Just picked up my SL last Saturday and I started the build tonight. So far I'm VERY impressed with the quality of the frame. Hoping to have it finished up by this weekend.

please post your build list. what is your expected bike weight?

Will do. Hoping to hit 15lbs with pedals and PowerTap power meter included. My wheels are 45/55mm carbon so not the lightest at 1633 grams (with my PT hub).

Gearjunkie

by Gearjunkie

Before my Fuji SL Elite I had two Evo Nano's (2015 & 2016).

I would say that the Fuji performs very similarly to the Evo Nano particularly the 2015 Evo, perhaps the Fuji feels subjectively very slightly stiffer in the front end. I prefer the Fuji to the 2016 Evo because the Fuji is more like the 2015 Evo, which I preferred over the 2016 Evo because the 2015 Evo (like the Fuji) has a 27.2mm post and PF30 rather than PF30A.

Not a fan of 25.4 posts or PF30A. Hopefully they will both go the same way as integrated seat masts. Dumb ideas from the beginning.

Cheers
GJ

BigPoser

by BigPoser

Here she is in all her glory. 14.6lbs as it sits in the picture. Thoroughly thrilled on how light it built up to be even with those wheels. And it rips! So fun to ride. I'll get my build sheet posted tomorrow as it's at work. Enjoy.

anlimdy22

by anlimdy22

BigPoser wrote:Here she is in all her glory. 14.6lbs as it sits in the picture. Thoroughly thrilled on how light it built up to be even with those wheels. And it rips! So fun to ride. I'll get my build sheet posted tomorrow as it's at work. Enjoy.

wondering what car underneath the white cover

BigPoser

by BigPoser

anlimdy22 wrote:
BigPoser wrote:Here she is in all her glory. 14.6lbs as it sits in the picture. Thoroughly thrilled on how light it built up to be even with those wheels. And it rips! So fun to ride. I'll get my build sheet posted tomorrow as it's at work. Enjoy.

wondering what car underneath the white cover

That's my other lady. 64 Cadillac Deville.

djconnel

by djconnel

Gorgeous bike!
(not a fan of cars, so no comment on that)

uncle-gee

by uncle-gee

8)
coupe or sedan?

Hamfist

by Hamfist

Just ordered what appears to have been the last 58 that perfbike had. On sale for 17 bills and change. Can't beat it.

by Weenie

BigPoser

by BigPoser

uncle-gee wrote:8)
coupe or sedan?

Sedan.