fsa k-force cranks

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
jim
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 5:04 am

by jim

here is a photo of the new fsa k-force cranks, due for sale very soon. weight on the pair is approx. 465 grams with rings, bolts, etc. note the new spider and the changes in the crank arm. looks like the crank is of a completely different construction from the super light and team issue models.

these won't be cheap, but they are approaching the storck cranks in terms of total weight with rings. nice job fsa!
Attachments
K-Force Crank.jpg

User avatar
nzkiwiguy
Posts: 360
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:18 pm
Location: Colorado

by nzkiwiguy

nice crank. I don't really like FSA rings, although I have never used them on a raod bike. My MTB one's died pretty fast.

User avatar
Ye Olde Balde One
Posts: 495
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2003 4:26 pm
Location: Santa Monica, CA

by Ye Olde Balde One

Be nice if they made them in lengths longer than 175mm, but I'd bet they won't, so I'll keep using my FRM's.
Ride lightly!

mises
Posts: 1769
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 9:28 pm
Location: Unknown parameter

by mises

A pic I saw elsewhere seemed to show that the tabs for the chainrings/bolts were carbon as well, instead of aluminum on the superlights.

Now if they would just make a compact version. I have unfortunately gotten used to having the lower gears to be able to go where no man has gone before but losing 90 grams would be very tempting.

shokhead
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2004 12:18 am
Location: So Cal

by shokhead

They all look alike when your riding and i dont sit long enough for anybody to look at by bike but in the garage,that crank would look sweet.

KB
Posts: 3868
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:32 pm
Location: HULLGARIA UK

by KB

Now if they would just make a compact version. I have unfortunately gotten used to having the lower gears to be able to go where no man has gone before but losing 90 grams would be very tempting.[/quote]

I would second that, a 50/34 rig would definitely see me buy it.

Paul_nl
Posts: 465
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2003 4:35 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

by Paul_nl

mises wrote:A pic I saw elsewhere seemed to show that the tabs for the chainrings/bolts were carbon as well, instead of aluminum on the superlights.

Now if they would just make a compact version. I have unfortunately gotten used to having the lower gears to be able to go where no man has gone before but losing 90 grams would be very tempting.


KB wrote:
I would second that, a 50/34 rig would definitely see me buy it.


Me too!! FSA please make a K lite compact crank!! 370-400gram should be kicking ass!!

Millen
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2003 3:09 pm
Location: Asia

by Millen

This new FSA K-Force carnkset has a new construction which do away any aluminum spine and hence it's much lighter. Should be in store around Mar and officially lauch at coming Taipei Cycle Show. Good news for compact lovers, K-Force will be available in 110mm compact but date of release not confirmed.

Two new models still under testing are
1. K-Force MegaExo which has claimed weight of 660g including matching MegaExo outboard style BB. It's FSA's answer to Shimano 7800 crankset.

2. SL-K unidirectional carbon crankset. This cranks look similar to a Campy Record unidirectional carbon crank at a distance.
Not a real Weight Weenie but I like my bike lighter!

User avatar
spaniardclimber
Posts: 1159
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:15 am

by spaniardclimber

Will the compact crankset be available in square taper?

User avatar
Superlite
Posts: 2492
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2003 9:01 pm

by Superlite

FSA no longer makes square taper compatible cranksets. Stopped that last year.

User avatar
cadence90
Posts: 1695
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2003 1:52 am

by cadence90

Millen wrote:This new FSA K-Force carnkset has a new construction which do away any aluminum spine and hence it's much lighter. Should be in store around Mar and officially lauch at coming Taipei Cycle Show. Good news for compact lovers, K-Force will be available in 110mm compact but date of release not confirmed.

Two new models still under testing are
1. K-Force MegaExo which has claimed weight of 660g including matching MegaExo outboard style BB. It's FSA's answer to Shimano 7800 crankset.

2. SL-K unidirectional carbon crankset. This cranks look similar to a Campy Record unidirectional carbon crank at a distance.


Keep us all posted on the K-Force compact release date...still ISIS right? This could be the one!
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

User avatar
Superlite
Posts: 2492
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2003 9:01 pm

by Superlite

Keep us all posted on the K-Force compact release date...still ISIS right? This could be the one!


Hey, you forgeting my sub 450g crank/BB combo? It is the one. 8)

User avatar
cadence90
Posts: 1695
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2003 1:52 am

by cadence90

Hell no, we're not forgetting it!
But where is it: the guys in Superlite R&D haven't posted any new info recently, better crack the whip! :)
Looking forward to seeing it, how's the design/machining going?
What's the issue date? Post up :!:
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

User avatar
ras11
Posts: 859
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2003 9:11 pm
Location: SC, USA

by ras11

Yeah SL, your worse then a hotty in latex... temping us, teasing us... your a bitch! Tell you what SL, if you build a second prototype, I'd be happy to test it for you. :D
:-) Toys-R-Us

User avatar
Superlite
Posts: 2492
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2003 9:01 pm

by Superlite

Keep your pants on! :lol: I don't even have the first machined yet! But when I do theres going to be around a dozen of them, and half of those are going to my buds for "real world" testing.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post