chinese carbon handlebars: YES/NO ?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

neobox

by neobox

asc8ic wrote:Nope... That is as dangerous as gamble. Most of there parts made with glass fiber baked.
It's cheap way to make carbon product. but stiffness is not good as brand product. even it can break just smashing on ground.

I'm not sure about your 'MOST' part, but still agree with it is kind of a gamble.
I click 'purchase' with my fingers crossed.

PrimO

by PrimO

I've been using a set of Aliexpress 'Deda presa' carbon bars for the last number of months. Theyre actually superleggera knock offs and not presa's but they have presa decals/markings. They are very comfortable and stiff and I cannot detect any flex when sprinting/climbing. I'm happy with them so far and will continue to use them however I'm very tempted to stick them on my winter bike and get a genuine set of Superleggera's for my good bike as I love the design and comfort of them.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RedCoke

by RedCoke

If you really want, go ahead, but please do not buy fake one. There are many other Chinese own brands and products.

glepore

by glepore

Suddenly the Aerocockpit (Canyon) is all over ebay and dhgate for around 80 bucks.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

Mackers

by Mackers

I think they borrowed a picture of a real Canyon cockpit.

The part they're actually selling only bears a a passing resemblance to the Canyon.
Bigger drop and a very awkward looking bend.

glepore

by glepore

Odd, I've seen two different ones advertised on dhgate-the one with the awkward ergo bend that you mention and one with a normal compact style bend...maybe you're right.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

bikergrove

by bikergrove

I purchased some carbon bars on aliexpress. Came in at 195g for a 40cm pair. Seemed a bit flexy when holding one end against my shoulder and then trying to push with my hand but once on the bike they felt VERY flexy. I'm not the most powerful of riders ( 70kg / 4.5wpkg) but I had no faith in them. Whatsoever.

I'll stick to my zipp service course 70 bars ( 279g) and forgo that 80g saving, thanks.

I don't get why they don't just make them a tad heavier and a LOT safer. Well, i do - it's what people look for - weight - but ffs dont buy these...

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/RXL-SL- ... 1d2d54fbe4

bikergrove

by bikergrove

PrimO wrote:I've been using a set of Aliexpress 'Deda presa' carbon bars for the last number of months. Theyre actually superleggera knock offs and not presa's but they have presa decals/markings. They are very comfortable and stiff and I cannot detect any flex when sprinting/climbing. I'm happy with them so far and will continue to use them however I'm very tempted to stick them on my winter bike and get a genuine set of Superleggera's for my good bike as I love the design and comfort of them.

@primo - how are these holding up? I'm still keen to get some carbon bars and will gladly pay a weight " penalty". Surely all carbon bars ( Chinese) can't be garbage?!

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

@bikergrove, this -

RedCoke wrote:If you really want, go ahead, but please do not buy fake one. There are many other Chinese own brands and products.

Don't encourage the knock-off suppliers trading on the names of genuine manufacturers.
Not sure where you are based but genuine Deda bars are regularly discounted at UK retailers.

soonyoung

by soonyoung

I say yes. There is no deference between chineses' product than others.

leejonggil

by leejonggil

I will purchase brand products.
Although technical skill improved, it seems that it can not be used because of anxiety.

raspaa

by raspaa

Items that take more direct impact from road imperfections (wheels, stem, bars) don't go cheap, it's not worth it. Riding a cheap seatpost is one thing, riding cheap wheels, bars or stem is another. just my $.02
grind it out

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

if u are going to list those things, u might as well put seatposts in there. I've seen cheap china seatposts 3t knockoffs and they are just as scary looking.

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

raspaa wrote:Items that take more direct impact from road imperfections (wheels, stem, bars) don't go cheap, it's not worth it. Riding a cheap seatpost is one thing, riding cheap wheels, bars or stem is another. just my $.02

It's not about being "cheap" it's about knockoffs made in mainland China with no quality control, no stress test, etc. China is all about quantity and disposable products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Marin

by Marin

mpulsiv wrote:China is all about quantity and disposable products.

So how come almost all high-end carbon frames are made there?