chinese carbon handlebars: YES/NO ?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

Marin wrote:
mpulsiv wrote:China is all about quantity and disposable products.

So how come almost all high-end carbon frames are made there?

This thread is going nowhere. Just slew of personal opinions with little or no knowledge. Where are you getting the information that high-end frames are made in China? Every frame a has sticker on the seat tube with an origin. Most of the frames are made in Taiwan. The country of pioneers in cycling industry. They have universities where you can get a specific degree in the industry. Sure, there are products that made in China with strict supervision and quality control. Consumers pay for the brand name X or brand name Y for this specific reason. Now, if you want to buy Chinese knockoff handlebars from unknown origin, listed by random sellers with no quality control then power to you.
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

Marin

by Marin

Thanks, I already did

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

oraclesin wrote:look like good and chip price.

Link

What kind of quality can you expect for 31.44 Dollars though?!!!!!

F45

by F45

nathanong87 wrote:if u are going to list those things, u might as well put seatposts in there. I've seen cheap china seatposts 3t knockoffs and they are just as scary looking.

I bought a Hylix setback post thinking it's a popular brand and I have a 0 setback that seems quality. Cracked it off in the first mile. It broke at the collar. No, it wasn't overtightened.

PrimO

by PrimO

bikergrove wrote:
PrimO wrote:I've been using a set of Aliexpress 'Deda presa' carbon bars for the last number of months. Theyre actually superleggera knock offs and not presa's but they have presa decals/markings. They are very comfortable and stiff and I cannot detect any flex when sprinting/climbing. I'm happy with them so far and will continue to use them however I'm very tempted to stick them on my winter bike and get a genuine set of Superleggera's for my good bike as I love the design and comfort of them.

@primo - how are these holding up? I'm still keen to get some carbon bars and will gladly pay a weight " penalty". Surely all carbon bars ( Chinese) can't be garbage?!

They're still going strong, no weakness or problems detected. They weigh 218g so no weight penalty with them either. I'm very pleased with them.

evan326

by evan326

F45 wrote:
nathanong87 wrote:if u are going to list those things, u might as well put seatposts in there. I've seen cheap china seatposts 3t knockoffs and they are just as scary looking.

I bought a Hylix setback post thinking it's a popular brand and I have a 0 setback that seems quality. Cracked it off in the first mile. It broke at the collar. No, it wasn't overtightened.

Overweight?
I overtightened one of mine, and could ride it cracked for 30 miles after

F45

by F45

I massed 70 kg at the time. Replaced with a K Force SB25 with no problems since.

waltthizzney

by waltthizzney

Buy from a known carbon dealer such as Hongfu or what not, at least they have some standards in place as they try to resell their products to other brands

evan326

by evan326

Guess my first one was lucky. I wasn't trying to call you fat btw, I'm about the same weight.
Hope my second one is as good, and I don't screw it up!

ooo

by ooo

Anyone tried to use aero bars mounted on chinese carbon handlebars?
'

sawyer

by sawyer

How do the people buying this stuff, who agree it is significantly more risky, justify riding it in group rides, meaning they are compromising others' safety?
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

Marin

by Marin

sawyer wrote:How do the people buying this stuff, who agree it is significantly more risky, justify riding it in group rides, meaning they are compromising others' safety?

I and people in my club had several crashes - solo, in races and in groups, and all of them were due to rider mistakes or other traffic, and not a single one happened due to faulty equipment.

inchul

by inchul

Safety is the best.
I would like to think about the Chinese carbon handlebar again.

I do not want to recommend it other than the price merit.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sawyer

by sawyer

Marin wrote:
sawyer wrote:How do the people buying this stuff, who agree it is significantly more risky, justify riding it in group rides, meaning they are compromising others' safety?

I and people in my club had several crashes - solo, in races and in groups, and all of them were due to rider mistakes or other traffic, and not a single one happened due to faulty equipment.

Of course that would be generally true yes, but what many of us agree on here, even some who have bought this stuff, is that the "no-name" products are often an unknown quantity, may well not have passed the same safety standards, and to that extent at least are more risky (this should not be confused with a factual assertion that they are more "dangerous" ... which isn't known).

The question therefore remains valid ... how do those riding such equipment justify increasing the risk to other riders' safety in group rides?
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup: