New Schwalbe Pro One Tubeless Tires

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
WinterRider

by WinterRider

youngs_modulus wrote:
WinterRider wrote:New Pro One's. That was thread topic. :idea: ----> "25mm Pro Ones mounted on Dura Ace C24 rims

That's exactly my point.

Since this is a thread discussing Pro Ones, referring to them as "S1s" is incoherent, especially when that abbreviation seems to refer to another tire from the same manufacturer.

Methinks the 2rd grader across the street from me whould 'get it' reading this thread. Find a lower bush that suits you.

rmr40

by rmr40

Interesting to know what pressures people are running - I'm 67 kilos and 55psi feels harsh compared to my Michelin comps at 65-70psi...not sure if it's because they are new and need bedding in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

waltthizzney

by waltthizzney

ms6073 wrote:
TobinHatesYou wrote:My rear was replaced at 2500mi or so.

jlok wrote:Mine 25mm started to square at the rear after 1500km

waltthizzney wrote:I have upwards of 3000km+ on garbage city roads

I know rider weight plays a part in the equation, but curious to know what tire pressures each of you were running. Although my mtb has been tubeless for several years, I am new to road tubeless and the Pro Ones, and less than 500-miles riding on these tires on a 2016 Scott Solace Disc bike. My first ride out I inflated to 90-psi, then the next couple rides it was down to 85-psi, and currently am running at 80-psi, but contemplating going down to 75-psi.

I am running around 80 psi with tubes

tomee

by tomee

on one bike i run 28mm pro and run them at 70psi and the other bike i have 25mm and pump them to 75psi
i am 72kg
Last edited by tomee on Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

MoreRideTime

by MoreRideTime

On my Bontrager Aeolus wheels, 19.5mm inner width, I run my 23's with 82psi front and 87psi rear. My weight is 63-64kg.

I've noticed the rear wears more than the front. However, I can't say how long a rear would last me as with all the construction crap on the roads around here, I've cut up the side walls of two rear tires. I'd guess I have close to 4500kms on the front.

DeeHubbs

by DeeHubbs

WinterRider wrote:Methinks the 2rd grader across the street from me whould 'get it' reading this thread. Find a lower bush that suits you.

I'm smarter than a 2nd grader, and I haven't understood any of your posts.

Curious George

by Curious George

youngs_modulus wrote:
WinterRider wrote:New Pro One's. That was thread topic. :idea: ----> "25mm Pro Ones mounted on Dura Ace C24 rims

That's exactly my point.

Since this is a thread discussing Pro Ones, referring to them as "S1s" is incoherent, especially when that abbreviation seems to refer to another tire from the same manufacturer.

S-One is the 30mm cobble/ light gravel version.
They have been retired for this year and are going by G-One speed.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Curious George wrote:

The Schwalbe "One" without any additional prefixes or suffixes still exists as well.

Orlok

by Orlok

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Curious George wrote:

The Schwalbe "One" without any additional prefixes or suffixes still exists as well.

But not in tubeless version anymore.! Maybe you find some old stocks.
Once comes a time that you'll have a tailwind :D
Pinarello F10 - Ultegra 6800 - Carbonspeed C38 - Tubeless

WinterRider

by WinterRider

DeeHubbs wrote:
WinterRider wrote:Methinks the 2rd grader across the street from me whould 'get it' reading this thread. Find a lower bush that suits you.

I'm smarter than a 2nd grader, and I haven't understood any of your posts.

Ok.

ms6073

by ms6073

Thanks for the feedback on tire pressures. Has me wondering if there is a correlation on tire pressure and internal rim width, such that higher tire pressure (> 85-psi/5.8 bar) on relatively narrower rims (< 19 mm internal) or maybe the inverse has an impact on tire life.
Michael - The Anaerobic Threshold is neither...

youngs_modulus

by youngs_modulus

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Curious George wrote:

This is why I was asking for clarification. I own four of the since-renamed S-Ones, and the Schwalbe One is the immediate predecessor to the Pro One. So WinterRider's mention of an "S1" seemed like it could be referring to any of these three tires.

If I'd realized that WinterRider's posts were essentially discarded drafts of Lewis Carroll's "The Jabberwocky," I wouldn't have bothered.

It wasn't a total waste, though. I was amused to be invited to "find a lower bush that suits me." O frabjous day! This bush is mimsy enough for me. ;)

youngs_modulus

by youngs_modulus

ms6073 wrote:Thanks for the feedback on tire pressures. Has me wondering if there is a correlation on tire pressure and internal rim width, such that higher tire pressure (> 85-psi/5.8 bar) on relatively narrower rims (< 19 mm internal) or maybe the inverse has an impact on tire life.

For a single tire model, I would be shocked if tread life wasn't proportional to contact patch width. Since lower pressures/wider rims result in a wider contact patch, you should generally get longer life when you run wider rims and (therefore) lower pressure. Automotive tires (radials) can wear at the edges when under-inflated, but for reasonable pressures, a wider casing and a lower pressure should get you somewhat longer tread life.

WinterRider

by WinterRider

youngs_modulus wrote:
TobinHatesYou wrote:
Curious George wrote:

This is why I was asking for clarification. I own four of the since-renamed S-Ones, and the Schwalbe One is the immediate predecessor to the Pro One. So WinterRider's mention of an "S1" seemed like it could be referring to any of these three tires.

If I'd realized that WinterRider's posts were essentially discarded drafts of Lewis Carroll's "The Jabberwocky," I wouldn't have bothered.

It wasn't a total waste, though. I was amused to be invited to "find a lower bush that suits me." O frabjous day! This bush is mimsy enough for me. ;)

That works. Your spot on calling me on the moronic remark. At times do we not all lack patience.. in my case the fact so often on these topics the reader fails to do such... READ the thread. Yet the snipping reply not in order... you have my apology.
Last edited by WinterRider on Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

The one is not as grippy as the pro one. It is o.k but cut and punctures too easily.